PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Freezes at the opening disclaimer screen

iHomeless
12-02-2013, 05:05 PM
I just got a gtx 770 that came with this game free. When I first installed it it worked fine. Now every time I load the game it freezes on the screen with the disclaimer about it being a work of fiction, ect. I tried uninstalling and re-downloading twice with no success. Anyone else have this issue, or an idea of how to fix it? Splinter cell works fine so I don't know if it is an issue with Ubisoft's player or not. Thanks!

YazX_
12-02-2013, 10:55 PM
download and reinstall UPlay. if that didnt work, try to delete your saves (move them to other location).

iHomeless
12-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Where could I find the save files? I already did re install uplay. Also if I do re install it again am I going to have to download the games all over again?

YazX_
12-03-2013, 11:07 AM
Where could I find the save files? I already did re install uplay. Also if I do re install it again am I going to have to download the games all over again?

for saves , check this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810924-AC4-Steam-Save-File-Location (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810924-AC4-Steam-Save-File-Location?highlight=[GUID])

And no, if you reinstalled UPlay, you dont have to download and install the game again.

garovi
12-03-2013, 02:16 PM
I played with no problems and reached 32 % of the game . This morning opened the game and crashed at the beggining . i dont understand why now , i had no problems until today . Yaz i reinstalled the game and uplay twice and still doesnt work , deleted the save game and nothing . Has anybody found a solution for this ?

OmriP
12-03-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm getting the exact same problem since the new update was installed, tried everything to no avail. Frustrating.

YazX_
12-03-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm getting the exact same problem since the new update was installed, tried everything to no avail. Frustrating.

I played with no problems and reached 32 % of the game . This morning opened the game and crashed at the beggining . i dont understand why now , i had no problems until today . Yaz i reinstalled the game and uplay twice and still doesnt work , deleted the save game and nothing . Has anybody found a solution for this ?

Garovi, did you install the new patch?

did you guys backup your saves and moved them to other location? if yes, did you disabled "Sync saves with the cloud" in uplay settings? although i doubt saves might be the problem, but its hard to know the problem while i dont have it infront of me so we are trying to figure out what it is.

Anyway, try to look at log files at this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs

And see if there is an error that might give you a hint of the problem.

Another possible solution is to disable your Anti-Virus and firewall, if that didnt work, then try to disable all windows startup programs and restart windows then try to launch the game.

garovi
12-03-2013, 05:03 PM
today i installed the new patch and since then the game is not working . what kind of patch creates problems than solving them . i give up . i am sorry for buying this game . i payed so it can sit on my desk and not playing

OmriP
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I pretty much tried everything you mentioned, nothing helps. I'm not very tech-savvy so I don't really understand the logs there, and which one to look at...
It's annoying, you buy a game and you expect to just play it... Then you gotta meddle with logs and errors and move files and whatnot... All because of this online system and updates... If you can't do it properly just don't do it, that's a lesson that should've been learned long ago.

garovi
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
i reinstalled the game and didnt installed the patch and it works . the thing is i have to go offline . the problem is the patch so ubisoft do something !

YazX_
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
then last thing i can recommend while the new patch installed is to verify game files using UPlay, there is an arrow next to Play button, click on it and select verify files and see if it fixes the problem.

OmriP
12-03-2013, 11:20 PM
Already did that. 3 times....

sk3tchboxx
12-04-2013, 03:16 AM
I'm having this issue as well.

Fatal1ty1963
12-04-2013, 03:27 AM
I installed the new Assassin's Creed Black Flag patch 30 minutes ago. I've been trying to start the game ever since. It hangs on the screen that says logging into Ubisoft server. It sits there for 5 minutes until I quit out. I was around 35% complete in the single player game.

ALJBGaming
12-04-2013, 03:51 AM
What a complete ****ing joke. I am incredibly mad about this. You seriously release a broken product like this and do nothing to fix it? I download the patch and STILL it does the EXACT same thing. AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working.

What an embarrassment. Garbage

iHomeless
12-04-2013, 04:02 AM
Well luckily for me the game came with my video card, but I have been a fan of the series and was having a good time playing until this problem arose. Ubisoft has a reputation of unreliable and buggy games, which is a shame because the titles they release are usually pretty fantastic. I hope they fix this issue that seems to be very clearly a bug with the new patch. My biggest worry now is the issues they are having with their online launcher, and port versions of console games is that they don't have these same issues when The Division comes out, because that will be a serious letdown.

idolatry
12-04-2013, 04:27 AM
Add me to the list. Updated to latest (beta) NVIDIA drivers, verified game in uplay, still get lockup/blackscreen right after "multicultural team" text splash screen. Was working fine 18 hours ago, before the latest patch.

iHomeless
12-04-2013, 04:47 AM
That's the exact screen it happens to me on also.

fredrik_hedlund
12-04-2013, 07:10 AM
I got a screen lockup, followed by "program not responding" after a while during the splash-screen (much like one patch for Blacklist did). Tried a restart and got past it, played for about four minutes and then got artifacts, and building disappearing/reappearing. Hell even the menus stopped rendering! Worked just fine pre-patch :(

YazX_
12-04-2013, 09:47 AM
well as people tried alot of things and it didnt work, so i assume the patch has missing files and didnt install (it happened before with earlier AC games), or there is a prerequisite that should be updated and was not included in the patch as i've seen other people playing without crashes on the new patch.

you guys have to contact support, i know they wont solve the problem, but having many reports of the problem would escalate it to dev team so they can fix it as these forums are not monitored and issues are not reported unless forum mods did that.

if you dont want to wait for them to fix it, one last thing you can try but it needs some work, download a program called ProcessMonitor, filter the monitoring on AC4 process and see where it fails when the crash happens. it might lead you to a missing DLL or file which points you of what needs to updated.

Ravenna999
02-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Same issue except I got in a couple of times and then freeze on the loading screen. Also sometimes I get sound but the screen goes completely green! I just got the game and its starting to piss me off!

Geonaught
02-22-2014, 01:20 PM
I've had all the same issues metioned. I can't play since the update. If I reinstall and don't update it's fine, but I want to play online!!! What's the point of buying broken things!? Why should we pay for games that don't work!? And the Ubisoft doesn't give a crap. I bet they don't even read the forums! FML:mad:

Black_Widow9
02-23-2014, 12:01 AM
Please contact Support with the details of your hardware and the specifics.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)