PDA

View Full Version : MIllenium Challenger Cup

asaraz
12-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Millenium organizes his second Beta tournament for Duel of Champions, and this time we are doing things on a bigger scale ! Therefore, as many tournaments as our first one are invitational type tournaments, we have decided to open a bracket and let the people register themselves because we know a lot of you are willing to compete in this kind of ambitious tournaments. And how could not you be ? No less than 64 slots opened, amazing prices and the opportunity to play live and show your gaming skills to dozens of spectators, this is what we offer you throught this tournament.
The first tournament of a new kind arrives in Duel of Champions. Supported by Millenium's organisation used to that kind of thing and an enthusiastic team, this tournament is gonna be an awesome event and promises a lot for the future of DoC.
Amongst you hides a hero, but who will stand victorious after those duel? We will know it very soon since you can already register for the tournament that will occur on the 15th of december 2013.
All further informations are listed below, if you have any question, contact the tournament admin ingame : Sansa_Millenium ( or Asaraz )

Rewards :
1st place : 5 Premium FW Pack + 30 Wildcards + 1000 Seals : 400K gold
2nd place: 3 Premium FW Pack + 20 Wildcards + 500 Seals : 200K gold
3rd place: 2 Premium FW Pack + 10 Wildcards + 250 Seals : 120K gold
4th place : 1 Premium FW Pack + 5 Wildcards + 150 Seals : 80K gold

1 : Tournament Rules :

Date of the tournament : Sunday the 15th of december 2013
LImit date for sending decklists : Saturday 14th of december 2013 21h CET
Check in : 15 h 30 CET *
Check Out : 15 h 45 CET
Tournament begins : 16 h CET — Semi finals and Finals starting at 21 h 00 CET
Roud format : BO3 — Finals in BO5
Round's duration : 45 minutes
Breaktimes : 5 minutes between each Round
Decks :Three decks of your choice, in the KIng of the hill format : you choose one of your decks at the beginning of a round, if you win you keep the same, if you lose you can change of deck) . Deckslists will be available for downloading at 4pm CET.
Register results : You have to fill the bracket with your results on binary beast and upolad your replays for us to check. Uploading replays is MANDATORY. **
2 Conditions to enter tournament :
Having an elo superior to 1500 ( 1501 and above)
Add as a contact ingame : Sansa_Millenium
Own a binary beast account matching your ingame nickname
Send your 3 decklists at the following adress : tournoi.doc@millenium.org with a mail entitled this way : yournickname_doc_M_tournament.
In the mail we need :
1) your 3 decklists in text format
2) your ingame nick
3) your nationality ( for matters of language speaking of our team)

* Confirmation is done by registration in the binary beast bracket we will set up. The confirm button will be available at the specified time and will be unavailable as soon as the bracket will be filled with the 64 slots available. ( this will need you to refresh your browser)
* How to get your replays?
Right click on the DoC short cut on your desktop, open files , open the game data file then open the game data file, you ll find there all your replays , listed by date and time. Think about maybe cleaning this file before the tournament.
3: terms of disqualification :
- be unrespectful towards your opponent ( taunting , trashtalking , insults) is a matter of disqualification.
- If despite our verifications , your opponent would not be above 1500 elo , send a screenshot to tournoi.doc@millenium.org and contact sansa_millenium ingame.
If your opponent does not show up after a delay of 10 minutes, he will be disqualified.
If for any a player is disconnected , the winner is the one designated by the game.
If both players would be disconnected because of the server, the game is to be replayed.
Contact Sansa_Millenium ingame if any of the issues listed above would happen.

Nillicomes
12-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Is this only for humans or am I allowed to participate?

I know most people will be surprised to know that I am Santa Claus!

Allinim
12-02-2013, 05:29 PM
We need Nillitrolls to participate :p !!!

asaraz
12-02-2013, 06:53 PM
ofc u can but bring some gifts

DwaMiecze
12-03-2013, 09:56 AM
What should be format of decklists?
Only text?
Or mayby link to those decks should be proper too?
A.//

asaraz
12-03-2013, 10:25 AM
only text

bustio
12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Hello,

Can you enlight me on the reason you use such format? Ive never seen such before, and it seemed to me that this will be a RPS format. Everytime bring a hard counter when you lose

Dipl0mate
12-03-2013, 01:36 PM
The point is that we have only 3 predefined decks. So you have to handle every possibility with 3 decks. I guess it can be pretty interesting.

asaraz
12-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Hello,

Can you enlight me on the reason you use such format? Ive never seen such before, and it seemed to me that this will be a RPS format. Everytime bring a hard counter when you lose

We chose a classic format last time and we wanted to use a different system this tilme to test whichever is best and we are convinced this one brings a lot of interesting tactics and way of thinking when it comes to match ups.

Revalon
12-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Poor Enclase, if he wants to participate, he now has a time limit in which he gotta get back to 1501 xD

LQDBrunt
12-03-2013, 03:01 PM
Poor Enclase, if he wants to participate, he now has a time limit in which he gotta get back to 1501 xD

Enclase probably has a smurf in every elo region, we need not to worry about him :)

Revalon
12-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Enclase probably has a smurf in every elo region, we need not to worry about him :)

One thing remains: If he still has a smurf over 1500, does it have the cards he needs?

LQDBrunt
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
One thing remains: If he still has a smurf over 1500, does it have the cards he needs?

Considering the format of this tournament, he will only need cards for Cass rush :)

M0rw47h
12-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh noes, I can't participate.

vincentgivell
12-03-2013, 06:23 PM
i'm in, where do I sign? // vincentgivell

Enclase
12-03-2013, 08:46 PM

I'm already back at 1500...gnahahaa! :P

SoAmazinglyBad
12-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Do you have to say now u want to participate or just before tournament? Cause i know decklits has to be send a bit before tournament, but do we have to say we gonna participate earlier? I wanted to secure spot :)

Enclase
12-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Do you have to say now u want to participate or just before tournament? Cause i know decklits has to be send a bit before tournament, but do we have to say we gonna participate earlier? I wanted to secure spot :)

You can register on Binary Beast

http://binarybeast.com/x1311191#info

XenofeX0
12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
I think that it is not useful to send the decks now that tomorrow is going to be spoiled 5 towers and maybe the expansion set comes out before the tournament date.

In spite of that, looks nice, I may go in, got to change my shift at work for that ;)

asaraz
12-04-2013, 10:43 AM

There is no real " secure spot" , since the 64 competitors will be the 64 first registered on binary beast the day of the tournament among those who would have fill up the requirements we are asking

Ipwnfour
12-04-2013, 11:31 AM
EDIT: my gf is away that day, leaving me helpless and alone at home. This means I can participate in this tourney. :)

Only 1 week to get in shape!

xRoni
12-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I have 1 question what about the new expansion? We are aloved to play with new cards or we are restricted to play FW expansion cards? I know expansion isnt out yet but it will be on 15th Dec

Dipl0mate
12-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Also, any way you can switch the FW packs in the rewards for some FT packs ? =D

deatrick42
12-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I want to play. Where is the binary beast thing?

LQDBrunt
12-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I want to play. Where is the binary beast thing?

Here is the timorous beastie: http://binarybeast.com/x1311191

asaraz
12-06-2013, 09:31 AM
The new expansion is of course allowed ,
i will see about the pack but i doubt we can change it sorry

trupiciel
12-09-2013, 03:04 AM
Only 5 more days to subscribe, we need 14 more players! 1500s, where are you? :)

Dipl0mate
12-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Working on my decks, hope it will remain some places for me ! I guess I will do the last adjustments tonight after my jackpot run and then subscribe.

DwaMiecze
12-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Working on my decks, hope it will remain some places for me !

u may register now (Only 3 places left)
and send decklists later

A.//

Bond2King
12-14-2013, 12:11 AM
Unfortunately I had something come up that I have to do Sunday, so I've left the tournament. Someone hurry and grab my spot!

LurifaxB
12-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi

If possible I can play a stand-by role. I'm currently working on a big assignment, which I MAY finish before tourney starts tomorrow. If there are vacant seats, I may be able to join. I'll check in if possible.

If the stand-by won't work, nevermind :)

But think of it this way, NilliTrolls shouldn't be the only Danish troll in a tournament. You could have a surprise Danish Troll joining you!

And yes, I am ELO 1512 or something right now.

maly_drab
12-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Hey, i know its bit late as did not want to grab someone's spot in a tournament im still not sure Im able to participate. BUT, in case someone will not attend AND i will be able to play DoC at that time - i think i will just send some infos to all guys that dont want to see def. wins. Ofc i will understand its just too late and i wont feel hurt if u wont allow me to replace someone's spot for sure :P

Will send the proper info to the mail too ofc

DwaMiecze
12-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Ty Nillicomes for awesome games in 1st round. It was a pleasure to loose against champ 1-2
gl in next rounds!
A.//

doubtofbuddha
12-15-2013, 04:59 PM
I lost my first round because my game crashed twice. Thanks Ubisoft!

ZergRusher
12-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Thx a lot for everything organizers! Kudos to you - this was one of the best organized tournaments in DoC.

I have to say i was lucky. I'm a relatively new player and by no means i consider myself the best in the world. Also the deck choices of my opponents were sub-optimal. I'm known on this forum as the person who started the Cassandra fortune thread and i encourage everybody to visit it: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/802049-Fortune-Cassandra-Rush-(T1)-Overview . To be perfectly honest, playing and writing about Cassa helped me a lot because my opponents were choosing mirrors which was a bit to my favour.

It is very unfortunate that i was put against Oyau in the first match. He's such a great player and i'm sure he would have gone far.

If anyone is interested here are my decks:

Cassandra

Hero (1):
1x Cassandra, Seeker of Light

Events (8):
4x Mana Storm
4x Week of Training

Creatures (30):
1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
4x Crusader Treasurer
4x Crusader Watchman
1x Griffin Knight
2x Holy Praetorian
3x Loyal Griffin
1x Pao Deathseeker
4x Radiant Glory
2x Soothsayer
4x Tithe Collector
4x Wolf Captain

Fortunes (20):
1x Altar of Asha
3x Broken Bridge
4x Campfire
1x Cassandra's Imperial Devotion
2x Cosmic Realignment
3x Pillage
1x Prison
2x Revised Tactics
2x River of Gems
1x Wasteland

Sandalphon

Hero (1):
1x Sandalphon, Lord of Power

Events (8):
4x Week of Taxes
4x Week of Training

Creatures (34):
1x Anael, Angel of Redemption
2x Crusader Vanguard
4x Crusader Watchman
1x Griffin Battle Priest
1x Griffin Knight
2x Holy Praetorian
4x Loyal Griffin
2x Magic Peddler
1x Moon Phoenix
4x Pao Deathseeker
4x Radiant Glory
4x Tithe Collector
4x Wolf Captain

Spells (16):
4x Geyser
2x Ice Splinters
4x Lightning Strike
2x Monsoon
1x The Song of the Lost
1x The Strength of the Sea
2x Wind Gust

Adar-Malik

Hero (1):
1x Adar-Malik, Caller of Doom

Events (8):
2x Blind Arbiters
2x Cosmic Balance
4x Week of Taxes

Creatures (34):
1x Atropos, Weaver of the Dead
1x Damran, the Tainted
4x Decay Spitter
2x Magic Peddler
4x Neophyte Lich
3x Pao Deathseeker
3x Soul-Consuming Lich
3x The Banshee
4x Trapper Spider
4x Untamed Wraith
4x Vampire Knight
1x Wandering Bard

Spells (15):
4x Fire Bolt
3x Fireball
2x Shadow Image
4x Soulreaver
1x The Forbidden Flame
1x The Silent Death

Buildings (1):
1x Tower of the Gardener

hope it might help some people - although i have almost no experience in playing Malik - i based my deck on Qwl's build (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/807900-Adar-Malik-Caller-of-Doom-Guide):

Thx a lot again

trupiciel
12-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Zergrusher it was a pleasure playing against you. A well deserved win after battling through pascal, mazsparrow, oyau and the others! GG :D

bustio
12-16-2013, 09:54 AM
Very nicely run tournament, thanks. A shame Cass is so strong and we saw mainly her :/

Well done zerg

Ipwnfour
12-16-2013, 09:59 AM
Gratz ZergRusher for winning and trupiciel for reaching the finals!

For anyone who'd like to see my games of the 3rd/4th place finals, I've uploaded them on mmdocking.com:

http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/show/636
http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/show/637
http://tools.mmdocking.com/replays/show/638

ZergRusher
12-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Were can i find VODs????? I'd link to link them to Cassandra thread.

@bustio

thx, the thing is i am not that convinced that Cassandra is so overpowering but i've been proven wrong many times. Anyhow, we are preparing article on counters to Cassa and any pro is free to join and help; details are in Cassa thread under Current isuues.