PDA

View Full Version : Way to many storms and other stuff

SMA5HED BURGER
12-02-2013, 04:16 PM
First off this is the BEST AC EVER! the graphics are SUPERB! That being said here are things that are bothering me.

1. the SAME cut scene for sending a ship to the fleet over and over.
2. WAY to limited on upgrades for the ship. I am fully upgraded and only at 60% complete.
3 WAY to many ships in the ocean.
4. WAY to few guns and outfits
5. WAY WAY WAY to many storms.
6. What the heck is the whole mini ship game in kenway fleet? I want to take my ship and make it safe not use some nintendo game mechanic to make the route safe.
again this is to easy i am already full 15 ships and filled with man-o-wars at 60% synced.
7. I WANT TO SAIL IN MORE THAN JUST ONE SHIP!!
8. I want be able to upgrade and defend forts they just sit there now..i did all the missions and turned them gold but the spanish and british are just going to let me have them?

Ok thanks

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 05:29 PM

You can skip those cut scenes.

2. WAY to limited on upgrades for the ship. I am fully upgraded and only at 60% complete.

The upgrades balanced nicely, Have you tried taking on a Legendary Ship yet?

LOL. Wut. There's not too many ships.

What else would you suggest then?

Then don't sail to them. Most can be avoided. I think they're great and up the difficulty level, especially in combat.

6. What the heck is the whole mini ship game in kenway fleet? I want to take my ship and make it safe not use some nintendo game mechanic to make the route safe.

The Kenway Fleet is designed to be primarily used as a mobile app. Used with a Tablet or Smartphone, you can do those missions while you're away from the actual game.

And Final Fantasy has been doing "the nintendo game mechanic" for years and it works well, especially if it's mobile anyway.

again this is to easy i am already full 15 ships and filled with man-o-wars at 60% synced.

It's not really meant to be difficult, just a companion app to go with the game. Something to do on the side when you're not actually playing the game itself.

You do :)

8. I want be able to upgrade and defend forts they just sit there now..i did all the missions and turned them gold but the spanish and british are just going to let me have them?

Well, yeah. I mean, it would be cool to do something with them, like having them be attacked by enemies, but that's too much like Den Defense from Revelations, and I'd rather not stop what I'm doing to go save a fort, especially since I don't use fast travel. Ever.

Chances are, the forts are lacking due to memory issues with Current Gen Consoles. I'm sure they had loads of ideas that had to go, unfortunately.

SMA5HED BURGER
12-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Yeah we get it your a fan boi and every thing is wonderful and you counter with i love everything so what. your reply is a waste of time and does not even rise to the level of a conversation.

MnemonicSyntax
12-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah, because whining about how easy something is, but then complaining there are too many storms is a show stopper right there.

I have my faults with Assassin's Creed, especially IV. I've listed them already.

Instead of answering my questions and having a discussion, the better idea is to say that I'm a "fan boi" but then say my post doesn't rise to the level of a conversation. Conversation is back and forth. I tried to ask you questions and make fair points based on opinion (you know, the basis of most conversation) but instead, you take the low road.

Are you even sure you know what "rise" means?

Daemon300
12-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Mnemonic Syntax provided valid points to counter yours which do, in fact, rise to the level of a conversation. That does not make him a fanboy, nor does it make his reply a waste of time, unlike yours. Have some respect for people's opinions, even if you do not agree with them.

Savage Baird LE
12-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah we get it your a fan boi and every thing is wonderful and you counter with i love everything so what. your reply is a waste of time and does not even rise to the level of a conversation.
Why even make a thread if you're just going to be an arse to anyone that doesn't agree with you?

creamofpayne
12-02-2013, 08:15 PM
I agree with 4, 7, and 8.

I think they missed a good opportunity to expand on different types of cannons and made swivel guns way too powerful. This adds depth to combat that is, in all honesty, rather basic (though still fun as is).

I can't see how anyone could disagree with 7. Why would you not want the option to sail in different types of ships? This also adds depth and challenge. The game's too easy? Hop in a schooner and take on that Man O War. Want to decimate anything that comes near? Hop into your level 60 Ship of the Line. I was rather surprised you could never actually upgrade your entire ship class (as far as I know).

8 isn't a huge deal, but it's more of a 'why not'. I agree that it should not be a 'stop what you're doing or you'll lose the fort forever' type mission, but a lengthy countdown before you do lose it would be fine, and yes I'm going to say it, more 'realistic'.

The other points I have no problem with. Upgrades are plentiful - save for changing ship class - and I love how many ships are on the open ocean. You have to pick your battles or you risk attracting 3 friends of theirs. I also agree that storms add challenge and make battles much more exhilarating. I do wish my crew would shout "ROGUE WAVEEEEEE" like they did in AC3, but I can deal without it.

NeoMorph WTH
12-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I do think there a few too many ships... It's like New York on Black Friiday on the high seas. And why recruit when you can pick up your crew from all of the shipwrecked survivors. The game gives you a mechanic (using the recruiter) and then takes away the reason for it by giving you a way to get them for free.

And then to have micro transactions to get resources that can get done ingame is like... crazy.

It's like Ubisoft lost track of what they were trying to achieve.

The storms though.... I freakin LOVE the storms. If it wasn't for the jerky animation transitions of the crew you could almost believe it was real life.

Syr.Jake
12-02-2013, 09:20 PM
You have a fleet full of LvL 60 Man-O-Wars. This is why you are seeing too many storms.

The higher your wanted level, the more storms you will encounter. Try bribing the officer to lower your wanted level, or let one of the ships kill you for free, and it will be reset.

Syr.Jake
12-02-2013, 09:25 PM
And why recruit when you can pick up your crew from all of the shipwrecked survivors. The game gives you a mechanic (using the recruiter) and then takes away the reason for it by giving you a way to get them for free.

Recruiting a Crew (for a price), or picking up shipwrecked survivors doesn't cancel each other out. At 40 crew (cap) if you lose half during a series of water battles, you can usually pick up a few here and there to help out, but in order to re-fill your entire crew roster at one time, you would need to go to a recruit.

Makes perfect sense to me.

If you want to spend hours of game time sailing all over the place just looking for crew you can use for boarding, that is your prerogative. It certainly isn't mine, but at the same time, I like being able to pick up the stragglers to replace ones who may have been killed during a rogue wave, or during a boarding. The next time I am in a town with a recruit, I replenish the full crew roster.

And then to have micro transactions to get resources that can get done ingame is like... crazy.

It's like Ubisoft lost track of what they were trying to achieve.

The game provides alternate ways to gather resources.

Some people do not like hunting, for whatever reason. I am personally happy that Ubisoft gave us the ability to skip the skinning scenes. So why begrudge those who would prefer to buy the skins instead of hunting them if they personally do not like having to hunt in order to craft the outfits, or hunt to collect the bones to make the darts?

phoenix-force411
12-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Either there's too much or there's too little! Gosh, make up your mind!

lothario-da-be
12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I feel like there aren't enough storms! They almost only appear when i attack a fort. The rest feels fairly balanced to me. Okay there are way too much ships. But they keep it fun to travell around.

EaglePrince25
12-03-2013, 01:14 AM
First off this is the BEST AC EVER! the graphics are SUPERB! That being said here are things that are bothering me.

Ok thanks

2. That has to do with the way you play the game and what you choose to spend your money on bruh. I'm on my 2nd playthrough, have fully unlocked and completed every island, every fort, and am at the point where I just finished being marooned with Vane, and my ship's only about 77% complete. And i'm fairly deep into the game at this point, so i'd say it's a steady upgrading pace.

3. No. I have no idea what the heck you're talking about. The amount of ships is perfect if anything. They're not constantly harassing you at every turn, and there are certain parts where you can go across a fairly long stretch of water and not encounter anybody at all.

4. I mean, i'd say the amount of outfits is pretty standard compared to Connor and Ezio. Same with the guns.

5. How often do you see a storm that you think this? Because I don't run into them most of the time i'm on the water so I think they're about right.

7. You mean personally own more than one? SMH that'd never happen. It's enough work personally customizing and upgrading your own. Best to hope for is some DLC missions allowing you to steer another ship like we got with the Revenge.

8. If you ever fight an enemy ship near a fort, you'll see that your forts now attack your enemy's so that's something. I guess it'd be cool to have to defend them, like we did with the Assassin Dens in Revelations, but there's so much more to do that it'd only become an annoyance to me.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2013, 01:29 AM

Dont be a *****. Try being rational. Because the path you are going down.. Well, you are a little *****. It is not too late...to, you know..stop being a *****

SixKeys
12-03-2013, 01:31 AM
Dont be a *****. Try being rational. Because the path you are going down.. Well, you are a little *****. It is not too late...to, you know..stop being a *****

Not helping.

xx-pyro
12-03-2013, 01:41 AM

You're forgetting the passive half of passive-aggressiveness.