PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for online DF scoring

KrasniyYastreb
04-19-2004, 04:27 AM
I realize this topic has been brought up a lot by people recently, mostly with various whines and complaints... but I feel that a small change in this aspect of the game would add another dimension to online play.

I know this fine simulation is nearing the end of the development/update cycle - there should be one more add on coming out in the fall right? So maybe this can get incorporated...

Currently the host of an online DF has some control over how the game is played via realism settings and mission design. But an equally powerfool tool would be a scoring system that rewards team cooperation. This could be a new game mode/or host option called, for example, Team Dogfight.

The major differences with standard scoring would be:
1. For every aircraft/ground target destoyed the player who does it gets the same amount of points as before. His teammates get, for example 1/10th, of that value.

2. For every friendly aircraft/ground object destroyed, all players on the team get 1/10th of the objects point value subtracted from their score.

3. The full mission builder would allow the designer to assign arbitrary point values to objects.

4. After a certain time period specified by the host, the server adds up the scores for the opposing sides and declares a winner. The scores are then cleared and the game continues.

I believe these changes will encourage players to protect friendly aircraft, since a player that returns to base gets more points, and allow a larger focus on ground objectives, which are what the air war in the East was all about anyway.

I hope Oleg and Maddox games gives this some consideration.

-Spasibo za vnimaniye! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KrasniyYastreb
04-19-2004, 04:27 AM
I realize this topic has been brought up a lot by people recently, mostly with various whines and complaints... but I feel that a small change in this aspect of the game would add another dimension to online play.

I know this fine simulation is nearing the end of the development/update cycle - there should be one more add on coming out in the fall right? So maybe this can get incorporated...

Currently the host of an online DF has some control over how the game is played via realism settings and mission design. But an equally powerfool tool would be a scoring system that rewards team cooperation. This could be a new game mode/or host option called, for example, Team Dogfight.

The major differences with standard scoring would be:
1. For every aircraft/ground target destoyed the player who does it gets the same amount of points as before. His teammates get, for example 1/10th, of that value.

2. For every friendly aircraft/ground object destroyed, all players on the team get 1/10th of the objects point value subtracted from their score.

3. The full mission builder would allow the designer to assign arbitrary point values to objects.

4. After a certain time period specified by the host, the server adds up the scores for the opposing sides and declares a winner. The scores are then cleared and the game continues.

I believe these changes will encourage players to protect friendly aircraft, since a player that returns to base gets more points, and allow a larger focus on ground objectives, which are what the air war in the East was all about anyway.

I hope Oleg and Maddox games gives this some consideration.

-Spasibo za vnimaniye! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif