PDA

View Full Version : Secondary missions are a little dissapointment.

Ignacio_796
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
The Homestead missions in AC3 was one of the bests parts of the game in my opinion, but in Black Flag, the secondary missions (Templar Keys quests), are just a few boring missions (ok not all the mission are boring), conssisting in killing 5 (or 4) multiplayer characters. There is like 15 o 14 multiplayer characters , so why the lack of secondary missions?

DetroitPlaya
12-01-2013, 07:46 PM
The Templar Hunt missions are awesome. Good story stuff and they mix up the ground activities. If there was more, people would complain that it was a drag compared to the earlier ones (where you just had to do a bit of platforming).

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 07:47 PM
You seem to create a lot of threads that we have topics for already.

Shahkulu101
12-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Dude...

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803791-AC-IV-Black-Flag-Single-Player-GAMEPLAY-Feedback-*Do-NOT-post-SPOILERS*

LoyalACFan
12-01-2013, 08:16 PM
You loved the Homestead missions, but think the Templar Hunts are boring? Wha...? More boring than herding pigs, fetching blacksmith tools, and organizing weddings?

Ignacio_796
12-01-2013, 08:26 PM
You loved the Homestead missions, but think the Templar Hunts are boring? Wha...? More boring than herding pigs, fetching blacksmith tools, and organizing weddings?

The Homestead missions were interesting because the characters, the story, and the progression of the Homestead. As I say, i don't think all the secondary missions in AC4 were boring, but I think that in a massive Caribbean open world should be more quests.

Shahkulu101
12-01-2013, 08:27 PM

I enjoyed the Templar hunt's gameplay a lot more, but seeing the homestead come together, and Connor being genuinely very happy for once after the wedding, it gave warmth to the missions - it kinda makes the homestead missions feel more significant in terms of character and story progression than the Templar Hunts.

LoyalACFan
12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I enjoyed the Templar hunt's gameplay a lot more, but seeing the homestead come together, and Connor being genuinely happy for once after the wedding - it kinda makes the homestead missions feel more significant in terms of character and story progression.

The Homestead missions were interesting because the characters, the story, and the progression of the Homestead. As I say, i don't think all the secondary missions in AC4 were boring, but I think that in a massive Caribbean open world should be more quests.

Okay... I actually hated the Homestead missions for those exact reasons, but an opinion is an opinion. Character development shouldn't be hidden behind a string of tedious ancillary missions IMO. The way I see it, the ones with actual story content should have been incorporated into the main sequences (especially Achilles' death, putting that in a side mission was unforgivable) and the rest should have been scrapped entirely.

SixKeys
12-01-2013, 09:50 PM
I loved the Templar missions, they reminded me of the Abstergo agent missions in ACB. I only wish there were more of them.