PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk next AC..

Legendz54
12-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Lets try and keep the setting of the next game out of this discussion since its already discussed enough.

So.. If usual pattern follows we will see a new announcement somewhere around march next year.

Lets discuss what you think/want Ubisoft to come up with graphical and gameplay wise to surprise us and keep things fresh for "AC5"... If you think about it AC1 and AC2 were their own thing and ACB and ACR refined on their predecessors. Then came along AC3 which was a massive leap from all that, then AC4 followed AC3's formula but refined and improved it even more.

I am hoping for another leap for the next AC with massive land gameplay improvements. Such as parkour,Guards AI, Hunting, animal AI, combat, environments, New animations and social stealth. I think naval will play much less of a role in the next game simply because it would get repetitive introducing the protagonist to ships every game.

Next gen will hopefully play a role but i still have my doubts it will feel Next Next gen simply because they wont stop catering for the ps3 for at least another year.

AC1<Formula of AC
AC2 <JUMP
ACB <refines previous game
ACR < refines previous game
AC3<JUMP
AC4 <refines previous game
AC5 (Hopefully a jump)

One thing for sure the next game needs to progress the story more.

D.I.D.
12-01-2013, 03:13 AM
I'm really pleased with Black Flag, but I hope they don't feel pressured to make another game that's so big. I would prefer it if they took it back down to sections of cities again, but funneled this ability to build so much stuff into a greater level of detail in those city areas.

I always thought it would be ridiculous and impossible to do a complete historical city, but the amount of work in BF proves that's not the case anymore. I'm very excited by the possibility that they could pick a location, maybe tweak the time setting to match a size for that city that's actually doable, and then give us that location with no desync walls at all.

Still, I guess we have to be careful about wishing for too much. Obviously they gave us a superb seamless world in BF, but that was largely achievable because of background loading while we were on the ocean. Maybe we're still a year or two away from another big leap, until the games are no longer produced on 360/PS3.

I-Like-Pie45
12-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Ridable dinosaurs

DarktheMagister
12-01-2013, 03:55 AM
OK real talk...what do I want to see in the next AC game.

Here we go:

- I want us to see a return of the Brotherhood in a fashion similar to AC:R where each member has to face off against an enemy Templar of the period in order to complete their storyline; BUT instead of the recruits being randomly generated men and women...I'd prefer them to be actual named and fleshed out characters like in AC3.
They did something similar to what I want in Black Flag with the Den masters and the Templar Hunts. That was great... but I was disappointed that after those missions those characters just disappeared. So they should totally end up at your home base like in the Ezio games...but have different bases throughout the world like in AC:R.

- I want another home base area (similar to AC3's Homestead or AC4's Great Inagua) that is a combination of a community managed by the player and a wilderness zone for exploration/hunting/free running; BUT I want it to have an upgrade system like in AC2 where you can add buildings and services to the village AS WELL AS unique characters to populate that village (like in AC3's Homestead).

- I want to see a return of AC4's hunting system which you can use to upgrade your main character....but better. Because I felt that it was a bit too easy to completely finish the crafting in AC4. Also I'm not big on the quick time event kills. I mean... if they must use quick time event kills could they at least change up the animations. Killing EVERY wolf in AC3 the same way was a bit silly.

- I wouldn't mind the return of AC3's material's crafting/economy system for making money for your community....as long as they tweak it to make it not nonsensically tedious. Mostly because I felt caravan defense was a step in the right direction and a good use of a spontaneous event type mission....and on that note...

- I want to see the return of a vibrant wilderness and bustling cities to explore with lots of hidden secrets and spontaneous side activities that pop up (like "save the pirates" or "catch the pickpocket" or "stop the slave caravan").

- I'd like to see improved enemy AI so the guards don't blow each other up in fights and actively hunt the streets looking for me when I'm escaping, rather than just everyone tries to go up the ladder and chases me in a big mob. (I often escaped the guards in the games where they couldn't swim but I could by hopping onto those mooring poles in the harbors and watching them all drown one after another. That shouldn't happen.)

- Bomb crafting. I want it back. I like the feeling of having a versatile amount of tools at my disposal, especially if my Assassin is more modern than 1400's Istanbul.

- I wouldn't mind a return of naval combat as long as it isn't the main focus this time. I mean... there are many settings where there is an active oceanic trade scheme going on... so there were always pirates and thieves to be dealt with... not to mention Templars. So ship to ship again would be cool...but I'd prefer somewhere in between what you got with the Jackdaw and what you got with the Aquila. I don't necessarily want the missions to be completely linear...but I don't really see the need to have a giant open world ocean 2 games in a row. If it was a particular way of traveling between 2 or 3 key locations I'd be fine with it. (i.e. traveling between the Indian subcontinent and the East coast of Africa....or in the North Sea between the U.K. and Norway....or throughout a section of the Mediterranean. Enough to be enjoyable but not so much that its Black Flag all over again.)

- I'd like a remapping of the climb button to X so that people stop complaining about accidentally running up walls.

- I'd like to see more corporate espionage and modern day Abstergo plans unraveling. Pour on the historical conspiracy folks... I love it.

- I'd like to see the Modern Day 1st person POV be given extended purpose in the overall story and abilities like some light parkour and maybe combat similar to (but not straight ripping off) Mirror's Edge. (I know most people would prefer to either get a "character" back which they can play in 3rd person or to scrap the modern day stuff all together because they can't wear their big boy pants....but I don't think it's going to end up going back to either of those.)

- I'd like it to work with ACInitiates....but mostly I'd like ACInitiates to work.

- I'd like to see a return of the "hirelings guilds" and their respective challenges. They brought 2 of them back in 4....now they just need to keep it up.

- I'd like to see more of a connection between the MP story events and the SP modern story events. So far its just been name drops and some references to events. Expanded Universe...it's pretty cool. As well as more connection between the MP characters and in game enemies....like Shakulu. (On that note...El Tiburon should've been a MP guy as well.... it just seems right.)

D.I.D.
12-01-2013, 04:01 AM
- I'd like it to work with ACInitiates....but mostly I'd like ACInitiates to work.

For some reason the site is having a problem updating itself, so you need to do it manually.

Login on the Initiates site. Hover just under your username in the top right (over your level number will do). A red + sign will appear. Click that, and it will update properly. The circle of arrows "refresh" symbol next to your XP appears to do the same thing. If you've earned enough points, it should return some upgrades to your account: new sail designs for the ship and things like that.

DarktheMagister
12-01-2013, 04:04 AM
I'm sure I'll think up more ideas....given time.

DarktheMagister
12-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Oh another thing I really liked about 3 was outfit racks. It's nice to have them displayed....like Batman. So the return of outfit racks at your base would be nice.

HudisAbeba
12-01-2013, 04:20 AM
What I'm most interested in right now is options. Choice is something I have really missed in Assassin's Creed compared to many other games. Choice in what you wear (right now it's mainly restricted to outfits with hoods), what sort of weapons you use, how you kill your targets (although that's largely covered already), hood on/off toggle, etc. Lots of aesthetics. I just want an Assassin's Creed game where I can play the protagonist and walk down a street without feeling like everyone is staring wildly at me. In other words, the option to appear more normal would go miles.

DarktheMagister
12-01-2013, 04:32 AM
There are costumes that are WAY more normal than the robes.

HudisAbeba
12-01-2013, 05:37 AM

I mean something more neutral than what we've got currently. I assume you're referring to outfits like the hunter outfit, whaler outfit, shark-hunter outfit, templar armour, Stede Bonnet's attire, etc. The problem with each of these is that they still stick out if you compare them to what the NPCs in the game are wearing. They're all very peculiar in their own way and very, you know, "A-ha! That guy is someone special!". I don't want that. I want to blend in completely. That's what assassins are about for me, and why AC1 (and AC:R due to assassins being more public in Constantinople) appealed to me more than most of the games in the series. I understand that a majority of players probably wouldn't agree with me, though, so I'd never argue for all outfits being plain and boring. I would just like the option.

Yoshack Fyre84
12-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Liberation HD baby, January 14th and 15th depending on what console you'll be using. I never played the Vita version, so for me it'll be like having two new AC games within two months of each other. Then AC5 should be out in November, making three games in a year. Next AC will likely be in China or Japan, somewhere in the East. I keep thinking about the Asian girl who encountered Ezio in that short film depicting the end of his life, I can't recall it's name. I do hope they are able to include the best of everything from previous AC games, and add some new things too. I would love the naval stuff to still be included somehow, and could with Japan but not really if we're in China. Bringing back the weapon classes would be good for people that like the heavy weapons and maces better than swords. Maybe weapon customization and upgrades. If we're in Japan we could learn to forge our own Katana. Meet with different sword makers and learn something new, then craft a better one, I don't know. I did really like that Viewpoints became Fast Travel points in this game. I really didn't enjoy unlocking the fast travel stations in ACIII, but I did enjoy the history lesson aspect of it. I read everything. I did miss the lack of landmarks in this game. Not being in major historical locations that had a lot of landmarks account for it though. I do hope we get double counters back in the next game. I also hope countering responds better. In Black Flag I see the red dot, I hit B, I still get hit most of the time, especially if I'm in the middle of an attack. I do like the historical stuff in Assassin's Creed. It's all about the Animus and reliving memories. But what I wouldn't mind is an Assassin's Creed set completely in modern times, I think they could do a lot with it. And have the Animus experience be like what the modern experience has been in all previous games. Imagine a modern game, but in certain stages you go back and live additional memories for Altair, Ezio, Conner, the Liberation chick(I haven't learned her name yet) Haytham, and Edward to get a clue. Every two Sequences you have to get into the Animus to grab a clue. I should probably make my own thread about that idea. I'll be doing that tomorrow, unless I get trashed enough for the idea here.

roostersrule2
12-01-2013, 08:05 AM
Chickens in cages.

Nicholas Cage's.

BATISTABUS
12-01-2013, 08:30 AM
Obligatory comment:

More like
AC1< Foundation of AC
AC2 < Step back
ACB < Step back
ACR < Step Sideways
AC3 < Step Forward
AC4 < Refine
Unless you're talking about graphics only, in which case AC2 is still a step back, ACB progresses but still falls short of AC1, ACR progresses even more and trades blows, and AC3 and AC4 finally surpass it.

Anyways, if AC5 (or whatever the next game is) fully commits to next gen and doesn't publish on 360/PS3, then we should definitely expect the game to be a step up graphically and physics-wise.

ace3001
12-01-2013, 08:39 AM
Obligatory comment:

More like
AC1< Foundation of AC
AC2 < Step back
ACB < Step back
ACR < Step Sideways
AC3 < Step Forward
AC4 < Refine
Unless you're talking about graphics only, in which case AC2 is still a step back, ACB progresses but still falls short of AC1, ACR progresses even more and trades blows, and AC3 and AC4 finally surpass it.

Anyways, if AC5 (or whatever the next game is) fully commits to next gen and doesn't publish on 360/PS3, then we should definitely expect the game to be a step up graphically and physics-wise.

No matter what AC1 had, it was ultimately a boring as hell game. If not for the story and the really well done main assassination missions providing a sort of motivation for the player to keep on doing the same mundane tasks over and over again, the game would've been an absolute failure.

Also, ACB falling short of AC1 in terms of graphics? Seriously? I suggest you go back and look at what people, especially NPCs, looked like in AC1. Hell, even buildings that look glorious from far don't look that good when you get close.

roostersrule2
12-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Obligatory comment:

More like
AC1< Foundation of AC
AC2 < Step back
ACB < Step back
ACR < Step Sideways
AC3 < Step Forward
AC4 < Refine

Anyways, if AC5 (or whatever the next game is) fully commits to next gen and doesn't publish on 360/PS3, then we should definitely expect the game to be a step up graphically and physics-wise.lololol

AC1: Foundation of AC.
AC2: Massive step forward (super-duper massive, bigger step then Neil Armstrong's).
ACB: Refine.
ACR: Step sideways.
AC3: Massive step backwards (went back to AC1 level in terms of having to redo the structure and rebuild for the next game).
AC4: Stepped forward in terms of gameplay but backwards in terms of ACness.

The next AC has been confirmed to be on Next-gen as they said the step between current and next gen will be greater with the next AC, also it's pretty obvious as they'd lose millions if they didn't release on both gens. I wouldn't be surprised if even the the 2015 AC was on current gen, but by 2016 we will definitely be seeing a full PS4/X1 AC.

As for Graphics, I'd say it goes

1. AC4
2. ACR
3. AC3
4. ACB
5. AC1
6. AC2

Legendz54
12-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Obligatory comment:

More like
AC1< Foundation of AC
AC2 < Step back
ACB < Step back
ACR < Step Sideways
AC3 < Step Forward
AC4 < Refine

Its your opinion, list it however you want, I was listing it fully in terms of just gameplay and where the series changed drastically.. AC1 set the story and formula, AC2 jumped in terms of story and gameplay and AC3 gave us the freshness the series needed . if you think about it AC1 through to ACR all had the same gameplay concepts and animations. AC3 saved it from its repetitiveness and added innovation such as tree running which i loved. AC4 gave us the gameplay payoff and was the most fun game but went backwards in story. Hopefully the next game will have a good jump in gameplay and story.

KrYpToNiC95
12-01-2013, 11:48 AM
Its your opinion, list it however you want, I was listing it fully in terms of just gameplay and where the series changed drastically.. AC1 set the story and formula, AC2 jumped in terms of story and gameplay and AC3 gave us the freshness the series needed . if you think about it AC1 through to ACR all had the same gameplay concepts and animations. AC3 saved it from its repetitiveness and added innovation such as tree running which i loved. AC4 gave us the gameplay payoff and was the most fun game but went backwards in story. Hopefully the next game will have a good jump in gameplay and story.

I haven't checked the forum since before the game launched because I had to wait till the 29th to receive my ps4. I'm taking the game slowly and I haven't read anything here because I don't want to have the game spoiled. However, I'm seeing that the next games supposed setting is being spoken about widely and I wanted to know from you guys that if you were to tell me anything regarding the new setting would it be spoiling the game for me in any way? If not I wouldn't mind if you told me because as I said I'm not going to look for it anywhere on here because I might stumble upon a spoiler instead. :)

ForgedWings
12-16-2013, 01:47 AM
Guys please vote on this pole: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811016-Duncan-Walpole-Assassin-Outfit ubi is watching and said they will possibly do something.

adventurewomen
12-16-2013, 02:52 AM
In terms of the AC games, the Assassin Robes are normal! ;)