PDA

View Full Version : Beating El Impolito

MuddledMuppet2
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
W00tage! Just did this today! Thought I'd share, cos basically, if I can do it, anyone can! so if it's causing you grief, don;t give up, you'll get there :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyShLSqQ_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRyShLSqQ_E

EDIT: Thread title changed to correct spelling, thanks to JetLee2777 for correction

Poodle_of_Doom
11-30-2013, 10:42 PM
Just beat it at it's own game.

DarktheMagister
12-01-2013, 12:44 AM
Sir Ramsalot can't ram me if I ram HIM first!!!

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2013, 02:12 AM
You got it!

MuddledMuppet2
12-01-2013, 04:26 PM
erm.. ok....

I know of course there are gaming gods out there, but some of us mere mortals do struggle at games, I'd have thought the description and dialogue woulda made it clearwhat angle I was coming from. :)

Poodle_of_Doom
12-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I struggle too. I am having trouble with the last ship actually. The one mentioned in this thread particularly.

phoenix-force411
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
LOLOL! I hated that ship the most. It killed me so many times, but I finally killed it in the end. The one with the kick*** Mortars took me 2 tries to kill, 'cause those mortars are awesome. The double ships and the armored ship took me only one try. They were pretty easy.

Poodle_of_Doom
12-02-2013, 12:50 AM
The one with the armour took me a few tries. Otherwise, I just had to wait a little bit, until I was strong enough on the other two.

DarktheMagister
12-02-2013, 01:05 AM
You're getting me wrong. Sir Ramsalot here killed me LOTS of times before I finally beat it.

Have you yet encountered the move where he launches himself up a large wave and brings his ram down onto your deck like a headman's axe to a waiting spinal chord?

You haven't lived until that happens and you escape by the thinnest sliver of available life OR he misses you by a fraction of a hair.

Shahkulu101
12-02-2013, 01:15 AM
I found this one to one of the easiest, along with the HMS prince. To beat this one, I weighed anchor and waited for it to get close and then stopped it in it's path with chain shots, then I hit it with mortars, more chain shots, rammed it's broadside and fired a heavy shot at it's broadsides then the back of the ship - then I ran away a weighed anchor again.

Rinse, repeat. Win!

ace3001
12-02-2013, 02:36 AM
Am I the only one who found La Dama Negra to be the easiest? You don't even need any kind of real strategy to beat it.

jetlee2777
12-02-2013, 06:31 AM
Well this ship was for me the hardest to defeat.

But best strategy to defeat her is by means of ramming her too like she did to you,but also using broadsides,heavy shots and esp. if itīs a bit away from you the mortars.

And so that Ms.Ramsalot will not ram you,you have to use the chain shots and shoting at the front of the ship or when your turning yourīre back to her,then use the barrels cause for to ram you she needs to get very close to you,but on the other side need to avoid to get hit by your barrels so what she will do is trying to swim around them,otherwise if she got hit from it,it will show up her weakspots where you can shot at with triangle.

Regards,

jetlee2777

P.S.To the poster of this Thread,please change the name of the title as the name of the ship is not El Impolito,but El Impoluto.

Thanks.

MuddledMuppet2
12-02-2013, 11:09 AM
You're getting me wrong. Sir Ramsalot here killed me LOTS of times before I finally beat it.

Have you yet encountered the move where he launches himself up a large wave and brings his ram down onto your deck like a headman's axe to a waiting spinal chord?

You haven't lived until that happens and you escape by the thinnest sliver of available life OR he misses you by a fraction of a hair.

Apologies, I'm so used to being told 'get better' type answers either in various forums or on my yt that I sometimes read things wrong, my bad :)

I didn't have that particular scenario you described, sounds nasty!

I've had a few people mention chain shots, but tbh the times I tried those it didn't really seem to make much difference, ditto the fire barrels, when I tried them it just kept charging through them and still ramming the bejaysus outta me

I really wish we could replay the legendaries, as I'd like to get a chance to improve against them, the video shows me missing several shots, yet on earlier attempts I was way more accurate but I was still beaten, it kinda felt like a fluke that I beat it in the end lol

tymaster50
12-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Nice TC, it didn't take me too long with el impoluto, downed the HMS prince on the first try, la dama got destroyed by a sea tornado, and those 2 ships got the best of me a few times but my "gaming god" skillz kicked in and impoluto was downed on the 4th try lol. Really helps to be fully upgraded. Have you beaten the other ships?