PDA

View Full Version : Kenway's Fleet reset

cieplyKG
11-30-2013, 09:11 AM
Title says everything. Is it possible to reset Kenway's fleet and start a new game without ships i captured earlier ? Where's the pleasure of playing the game again when u have so much gold on the beggining of journey, Im sure that there are people which likes such things but im not one of them.

Tully__
12-01-2013, 01:56 AM
If no-one has a better suggestion, you could back up your save files to a different location then delete them from the default location. This would effectively start the game from scratch.
As I don't have this latest AC4, I don't know the locations for the game saves....

Syr.Jake
12-01-2013, 02:04 AM
As a final option, you could always salvage all of the ships. It would effectively leave you with an empty dock. You will probably have all 15 slots available, but there would be no ships in them. You would have to start sending new ones there.

cieplyKG
12-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Deleting previous game and starting a new will not solve it, since after capturing a cove u have all the ships u took in previous game. Salvaging all ships isnt the solution as well, since u got a lot of gems, resources and advanced missions. I wrote to support and im waiting for positive answer, because theres no fun for me playing game again with all the stuff I collected before.

Jackdaw951
08-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Deleting previous game and starting a new will not solve it, since after capturing a cove u have all the ships u took in previous game. Salvaging all ships isnt the solution as well, since u got a lot of gems, resources and advanced missions. I wrote to support and im waiting for positive answer, because theres no fun for me playing game again with all the stuff I collected before.

This issue bugs me as well. When I play a new game, I want to start from scratch, and earn everything again. I looked for a while into linking a separate Uplay account into a separate connected gamertag profile, but this is not possible. Uplay accounts are linked to the unique console (or PC, I believe) itself, and (given the horror stories I read) any attempts to use a different account would only lead to tears.

What I've done as a poor workaround is make sure Kenway's Fleet gives all the mission money to my completed-game save. So right before I have to do the KF mission in the new save, I'll launch the old save, grab all the proceeds from KF, then I'll go back to the new save (with zero mission money waiting).

This dumb problem is only one of the reasons single-player content should never be polluted with online apps and other connected nonsense. It takes a lot of control out of the player's hands. KF would have been perfectly doable offline too, using the system's internal date/time clock.

denphpen
10-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Wondering if you ever found solution to reseting Kenway's Fleet? Tried many times myself (after hours of starting new game) only to find old kenway still thier!

Locopells
10-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Nope, you're stuck with it, only thing you can do, I'm afraid, is sell all the ships.