PDA

View Full Version : Female Assassins (Spoilers for sequence 4)

Catface-
11-30-2013, 05:24 AM
So I just finished the fourth sequence...is anyone else annoyed at the clothing different between male and female assassins?
The women have much less covering, which just doesn't make sense for an assassin - fighting with large areas of skin exposed? That's just illogical. I don't understand why the unisex assassin outfit wasn't kept; it worked fine in previous installments.
I can't help but think that this was simply done for 'eye candy'/aesthetic reasons...which disappoints me. Thoughts? I know it's a minor detail, but it's just been bugging me and I wanted to discuss it.

mikeyf1999
11-30-2013, 05:38 AM
No I'm a boy and I didn't even notice that it probably wasn't even for eye candy/aesthetic reasons but to emphasize that this is the carribean assassins based off of possible Mayan civilizations
It may seem like it, but i doubt they'd do the whole "eye candy" stuff, pretty sure they stopped that in ACR

HiddenKiller612
11-30-2013, 06:41 AM
I never noticed either, I was more interested in what they had to say than what they were wearing.

itsamea-mario
11-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Mary and Rhona wore plenty of clothes.
As did Anne Bonnie(not an assassin, but still a woman of action)
And there were several male Assassins wore relatively little clothing.

I never noticed either, I was more interested in what they had to say than what they were wearing.

Well ain't you just the most polite gentleman alive, bet you make all the ladies swoon. there's only really one scantily clad assassin that actually talks to you, and she's dressed in a very appropriate manner considering her usual environment.

MnemonicSyntax
11-30-2013, 06:56 AM
There were female Assassins that wore the long robes too. I think the shorter (more skin) robes where used by the natives, like Ah Tabai.

Also, this.

http://www.thebuzzmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/super-sexy-assassins-creed-mockup.jpg

I don't think that "sexy" is what they were going for, compared to this honestly.

HiddenKiller612
11-30-2013, 07:18 AM
Mary and Rhona wore plenty of clothes.
As did Anne Bonnie(not an assassin, but still a woman of action)
And there were several male Assassins wore relatively little clothing.

Well ain't you just the most polite gentleman alive, bet you make all the ladies swoon. there's only really one scantily clad assassin that actually talks to you, and she's dressed in a very appropriate manner considering her usual environment.
Quite. We can't all be ****** bags who try to be funny.

itsamea-mario
11-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Quite. We can't all be ****** bags who try to be funny.

Never fear, i do that for everyone here, makes everyone's life easier.

VitaminsXYZ
11-30-2013, 08:13 AM
So I just finished the fourth sequence...is anyone else annoyed at the clothing different between male and female assassins?
The women have much less covering, which just doesn't make sense for an assassin - fighting with large areas of skin exposed? That's just illogical. I don't understand why the unisex assassin outfit wasn't kept; it worked fine in previous installments.
I can't help but think that this was simply done for 'eye candy'/aesthetic reasons...which disappoints me. Thoughts? I know it's a minor detail, but it's just been bugging me and I wanted to discuss it.

Actually...yeah, I did notice. Didn't bother me too much, but now I'm kinda wondering why? I understand how the Mayan assassins would probably dress more in that style, but it seemed like only the females were wearing them.

Ah well, if we're going the eye candy route there's always the gratuitous shots of shirtless Edward. lol