PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Low FPS issue

korntwist1000
11-30-2013, 04:35 AM
I get 15 to 20 fps in medium and even if i lower the settings, the fps is still the same. i try the lowest settings and same result. my specs are windows 8.1. my ram is 8gb 1600mhz, my graphics card is GT 730M 2gb ddr3. resolution 1366x768. is this something to do with the optimization of the game? is there any patch? i already have the latest driver for my gpu and sound.

drakkar321
11-30-2013, 07:41 AM
I get 15 to 20 fps in medium and even if i lower the settings, the fps is still the same. i try the lowest settings and same result. my specs are windows 8.1. my ram is 8gb 1600mhz, my graphics card is GT 730M 2gb ddr3. resolution 1366x768. is this something to do with the optimization of the game? is there any patch? i already have the latest driver for my gpu and sound.

I suspect that your video card is not powerful enough. For gaming you really should have a GTX card that ends with 60 (like GTX 760) or higher, especially for newer and more complex games like AC4. You can try to follow the tips in the link at the bottom of my post and hopefully you can get the game at least playable (you don't want to use the MSAA tip though, since you should be using FXAA, SMAA or disabled). However, it may not be possible to increase the frame rate a great deal more. I am not sure about your CPU either and that can certainly affect performance as well. If that is a laptop, also make sure that you have it plugged in and you have the power options to either balanced or high performance. Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

korntwist1000
11-30-2013, 08:25 AM
my processor is intel i5 3230M 2.6 upto 3.2ghz. it is a laptop. i can run ac3 hight settings with 25 to 30 fps. why this game so demanding. And also i thought that the requirements that ubisoft gave us is only for 1920x1080p but my reso is 1366x768. thanks for the reply :D

Milenchy
11-30-2013, 08:36 AM
I suspect that your video card is not powerful enough. For gaming you really should have a GTX card that ends with 60 (like GTX 760) or higher, especially for newer and more complex games like AC4. You can try to follow the tips in the link at the bottom of my post and hopefully you can get the game at least playable (you don't want to use the MSAA tip though, since you should be using FXAA, SMAA or disabled). However, it may not be possible to increase the frame rate a great deal more. I am not sure about your CPU either and that can certainly affect performance as well. If that is a laptop, also make sure that you have it plugged in and you have the power options to either balanced or high performance. Hope this helps a little. Good luck.

It's not the god damned video card! Stop saying that. Ubisoft just can't optimize their game properly. Download the latest Nvidia driver that is said to help with this problem and if it doesn't work, wait for another driver or a patch.

drakkar321
11-30-2013, 08:59 AM
It's not the god damned video card! Stop saying that. Ubisoft just can't optimize their game properly. Download the latest Nvidia driver that is said to help with this problem and if it doesn't work, wait for another driver or a patch.

And the thousands of people that don't have problems running the game? We just got a "Special Edition" and they handed out a different version to people with lower end hardware? Sorry but I am not going to lie to people just so you can rant and point fingers at Ubisoft unjustifiably. A GT 730 is not exactly a high end gaming GPU.

drakkar321
11-30-2013, 09:43 AM
my processor is intel i5 3230M 2.6 upto 3.2ghz. it is a laptop. i can run ac3 hight settings with 25 to 30 fps. why this game so demanding. And also i thought that the requirements that ubisoft gave us is only for 1920x1080p but my reso is 1366x768. thanks for the reply :D

Every year Nvidia and AMD release more powerful hardware. Every year game developers add new features to games and increase the graphics fidelity and complexity of games. It's just kind of how the gaming industry works. A higher quality graphics card will last about 2-3 years or so before you really have to start turning the quality down (That really depends on how far you want to turn things down). In the case of laptops however, manufacturers often put lower quality video chips in them for a few reasons. One is obvious, because they are cheaper and the manufacturer can make more money, but also because video cards use a lot of power and laptops are usually built with power efficiency in mind, for battery life. Video cards also tend to produce a lot of heat and in the small form factor of a laptop, a powerful GPU can be an issue and would then require more expensive cooling solutions.

Anyway, with a GT 730, it will probably run the game (though it is not officially supported), but you just shouldn't be surprised if you are not getting top performance out of it or are not able to run very high quality settings. As I said in my previous post, you can read some of the tips that will help with performance. It was intended for mid-high end cards, but some of the stuff might still help, excluding the information on MSAA, which would likely be too much for your GT 730 (at least at playable frame rates). SMAA is a very good alternative though, and is much easier to run than MSAA. FXAA is the best for performance, short of disabling it altogether. Make sure that you are not using v-sync, as that can hurt your performance and you will probably not see any of the benefits on your system. Other than that, I would suggest turning down or disabling quality settings until you find a comfortable balance for your system. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

Note: Nvidia has not yet released a performance optimized driver for AC4 yet. The last driver only included an updated SLI profile, which obviously wouldn't apply to you. I have had the best luck personally with driver 331.65 for AC4, however the last driver release was driver 331.82.

chronos1991
04-05-2014, 09:16 AM
And the thousands of people that don't have problems running the game? We just got a "Special Edition" and they handed out a different version to people with lower end hardware? Sorry but I am not going to lie to people just so you can rant and point fingers at Ubisoft unjustifiably. A GT 730 is not exactly a high end gaming GPU.

tbh i have a 780ti and this games optimizations pretty bad lol, OP what AA are you using? i suggest SMAA since it doesn't look all that bad and the performance is a lot better then most of the others. And if your playing with V-sync on i suggest turning the ingame vsync off and forcing it through nvidia's control panal as adaptive with tripple buffering.

I--Skeptik--I
04-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Simply put, this game is, unfortunately a console port, which means that even with awesome pc hardware, it is not optimized for pc. I have a killer rig myself and I always find myself dipping below 60 fps.

TheDboy2012
04-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Nope this guy is right. It's the game not his card.

I have the HD 7850 OC, almost as powerful as the PS4.

I have an i5 3570k processor. Way faster than the PS4.

In Tomb Raider I get 60fps on high.

In BF3 I get 60fps on medium to high settings.

In Bioshock Infinite I get 60fps on high.

Yet AC4 will drop to 50fps on LOW in Single Player.

No other game drops that low on low.

Crysis 3 maintains a constant 30fps on high.

This game will drop to 25fps on max.

It's the game.

strigoi1958
04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
I'm not even certain that laptops are supported by ac4. As games get better or more complex then FPS will drop... if not we'd all have geforce 6800 from 10 years ago and everything would max out at 60fps. :D
This game could have been optimized a little more... sure. But it plays ok on mine because I couldn't care less about having everything turned on or off or high or low. I adjusted my settings till everything ran smoothly and have never concerned myself whether I was getting 35, 45 or 55 or 60 fps... I'm only interested in playing the game.

Sdwakias
04-16-2014, 11:34 AM
It's the card. You can lie all you want, but the reason is only one... The card is not powerful. I have a Radeon HD 4800 series with 0.5GB VRAM, and I'm playing the game at low setting with ~40 FPS most of the time. The card barely meets the minimum requirements of the game, and not to mention that I bought it almost 5 years ago and used it almost every day, and for the last 1 - 2 years more than 5 hours a day. Oh, and it has suffered from dust and lack of space (which means very high degrees of temperature.). And not to mention that I spoiled half a glass on it one day, while it was being heavily used while working on photoshop. So yeah, it's either that NVidia's cards are just pathetic, or your card's specs are just not as good as the game wants it to be in order to be played. Deal with it.

DJ17thMay
04-16-2014, 06:37 PM
I run everything on the highest with VSync on, I get from 35+ to 48+ FPS somewhere with my laptop, it has GeForce GTX 880M 4GB VDRAM with 8GB RAM and Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4GHz :) This game look stunning if you got good enough hardware, and it's a smooth experience.

TheDboy2012
04-16-2014, 07:10 PM
It's the card. You can lie all you want, but the reason is only one... The card is not powerful. I have a Radeon HD 4800 series with 0.5GB VRAM, and I'm playing the game at low setting with ~40 FPS most of the time. The card barely meets the minimum requirements of the game, and not to mention that I bought it almost 5 years ago and used it almost every day, and for the last 1 - 2 years more than 5 hours a day. Oh, and it has suffered from dust and lack of space (which means very high degrees of temperature.). And not to mention that I spoiled half a glass on it one day, while it was being heavily used while working on photoshop. So yeah, it's either that NVidia's cards are just pathetic, or your card's specs are just not as good as the game wants it to be in order to be played. Deal with it.
No it's not, did you read my post? I have an overclocked HD 7850 and an i5 processor but the game drops to 25fps on maximum settings.

This is a computer that handles Crysis 3 on high at 30fps and 1080p no prob. It IS the game.

Severion
04-16-2014, 11:28 PM
The OP doesn't have a graphics "card". The 730M is a mobile graphics chipset and looks like this:

http://www.geforce.com/sites/default/files-world/featured_image/geforce-gt-730m-3qtr-feature.png

and scores 988 points at http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+730M&id=2417

Compare that to an actual card, a GTX 760 http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+760&id=2561 which scores 5,004 points.

The 760M mobile equivalent (chipset) http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+760M&id=2597 scores 1,667 points.

My advice would be to get a desktop with actual decent hardware and stop whining that the game is not 'optimised'. Plays fine with my AMD 7950 running about 90% of top graphics settings.

No it's not, did you read my post? I have an overclocked HD 7850 and an i5 processor but the game drops to 25fps on maximum settings.

This is a computer that handles Crysis 3 on high at 30fps and 1080p no prob. It IS the game.

A 7850 is old news. Crysis 3 has set environments with a restricted environment with scripted events to draw the graphics, AC4 is an open sandbox. To play this game on max you'll need a lot better than a 7850 lol.

Edit: Don't forget than Crysis 3 receives most support from AMD whilst AC4 receives most support from Nvidia.

TheDboy2012
04-17-2014, 01:27 PM
The OP doesn't have a graphics "card". The 730M is a mobile graphics chipset and looks like this:

http://www.geforce.com/sites/default/files-world/featured_image/geforce-gt-730m-3qtr-feature.png

and scores 988 points at http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GT+730M&id=2417

Compare that to an actual card, a GTX 760 http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+760&id=2561 which scores 5,004 points.

The 760M mobile equivalent (chipset) http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+760M&id=2597 scores 1,667 points.

My advice would be to get a desktop with actual decent hardware and stop whining that the game is not 'optimised'. Plays fine with my AMD 7950 running about 90% of top graphics settings.

A 7850 is old news. Crysis 3 has set environments with a restricted environment with scripted events to draw the graphics, AC4 is an open sandbox. To play this game on max you'll need a lot better than a 7850 lol.

Edit: Don't forget than Crysis 3 receives most support from AMD whilst AC4 receives most support from Nvidia.
A lot more is going on in Crysis 3. Grass physics, articles, tessellation, higher poly models and it never drops below 30fps.

It's open world? So what.

Just Cause 2 is open world. Runs at 60fps constantly.

BF3 multiplayer has 64 players and huge maps. Never drops below 60fps on medium. Rarely drops below 30 on Ultra.

How about Arkham City? Has a huge city and runs at 60fps on very high.

Or even another AC game, Revelations, which runs at a constant 60fps on max.

It's nothing to do with it being open world. It's unoptimized.

Other than Crysis 3 on very high, this is the only game that drops to 25fps on max. Crysis 3 is understandable; on very high it's pushing even high end systems to their limits.

AC4, it looks alright. Nothing justifying it dropping to 20fps on max, Certainly nothing justifying it dropping to 50fps on minimum.