PDA

View Full Version : Beating all The Legendary Ships and the Charging ability.....

RoBg03
11-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Ok, so i finally beat the double legendary ships today, which were the last ones i had left. after that i got the charging ability where you get a speed burst for ramming in naval combat (L1 and double tap X on ps). Do we get this ability for beating all the legendaries or just the dual ships??? cuz it would have been a nice ability to have when fighting them. but since i pretty much needed elite upgrades to beat them all, i don't really need to have a better ram to beat any other ship in the game if i'm fully upgraded. i hope they add more naval missions in future dlc's so i can put my fully upgraded jackdaw to the test.

DetroitPlaya
11-30-2013, 12:27 AM
You get it once all five ships are down. :)

I do hope they add random legendary ships to spawn, more aggressive hunters, etc.. And, this:

Oh, how I wish they would add "The Flying Dutchman" as a Legendary ship which would randomly spawn and try take you down..

If you survived (do 1/3 damage which would result in Jones' to leave for his locker again); you gained a random part of the ship.

First encounter: figurehead
Second encounter: wheel
Third encounter: sails

And after three encounters, you can locate it on the map, fight it, have a REALLY difficulty boarding sequence (with great dialogue with Davy Jones) - and defeating Davy would unlock "Davy Jones' Outfit"

/please

Kagurra
11-30-2013, 12:28 AM
What? I've never heard anything about this and I'm at like 99% sync.

DetroitPlaya
11-30-2013, 12:33 AM
What? I've never heard anything about this and I'm at like 99% sync.

Once you defeat your last legendary ship, you get the Charge ability of El Impoluto. Once you are at full speed, you can press X (on PS systems, not aware of the PC/Xbox controls), and charge fast forward and do a lot of ram damage.

It one-shots most things.

Kagurra
11-30-2013, 12:45 AM
Once you defeat your last legendary ship, you get the Charge ability of El Impoluto. Once you are at full speed, you can press X (on PS systems, not aware of the PC/Xbox controls), and charge fast forward and do a lot of ram damage.

It one-shots most things.

And here I thought the ram was already super powerful.

ace3001
11-30-2013, 02:04 AM
But considering you can't fight the legendary ships again, where to even use that ability? Feels like a waste.

itsamea-mario
11-30-2013, 02:50 AM
But considering you can't fight the legendary ships again, where to even use that ability? Feels like a waste.

On other ships..

MnemonicSyntax
11-30-2013, 02:54 AM
I don't know about PS controls, but on Xbox controlled PCs (so I imagine Xbox's too) you have to be targeting out the bow and then pressing X/A.

itsamea-mario
11-30-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't know about PS controls, but on Xbox controlled PCs (so I imagine Xbox's too) you have to be targeting out the bow and then pressing X/A.

Yeah, L1 aims on PS.

Syr.Jake
11-30-2013, 04:44 AM

On LvL 60 Man-O-War this would be a nice addition to taking them down.

pirate1802
12-12-2013, 07:35 AM
You get it once all five ships are down. :)

I do hope they add random legendary ships to spawn, more aggressive hunters, etc.. And, this:

Oh, how I wish they would add "The Flying Dutchman" as a Legendary ship which would randomly spawn and try take you down..

If you survived (do 1/3 damage which would result in Jones' to leave for his locker again); you gained a random part of the ship.

First encounter: figurehead
Second encounter: wheel
Third encounter: sails

And after three encounters, you can locate it on the map, fight it, have a REALLY difficulty boarding sequence (with great dialogue with Davy Jones) - and defeating Davy would unlock "Davy Jones' Outfit"

/please

Sorry for necromancing but damn would that be uber awesome. As it is now, the charge ability seems like a waste because after the legendary ships there's hardly any ship that poses you a challenge. By the time you beat the legendaries you probably already have a fully pimped out Jackdaw, at that point even lvl 60 Men o War go down easy if you just know the basics right. The ship combat badly needs randomly spawned legendaries, o in general, more powerful ships that give you something to look forward to after you've got all the upgrades.

Still can't get over how awesome that Flying Dutchman idea sounds :O

Littleweasel
12-12-2013, 03:00 PM
on the xbox 360 and x1 you have to hold the LT and double tap A to do the charge