PDA

View Full Version : [PC] (AC4BF)Stuck on Seq 6 Mem 3 Can't kill captain

nmfcarvalho1976
11-29-2013, 06:16 PM
Hi ppl.

I've tried everythimg but I can't reach the captain before he gets to the mansion (game pad or keyboard+mouse). Everytime he beats me in the chase. Can anyone give me an advice on how to nail him?

Thanks

AngryRaisin
11-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Usually in these types of chases there is a place in the chase where you can cut them off by not directly chasing them but rather going up a parallel street and around a corner or on rooftops or that sort of thing. I don't remember that chase specifically to tell you where that might be but I'm sure it's there somewhere. If you really give up there are YouTube videos out there now.

Vogue_77
11-29-2013, 07:26 PM
I don't know about keyboard & mouse (yes am playing on PC with an x-box controller), but the harder you squeeze the RT, the faster you sprint when you run (which I discovered in memory 3, having huge problems catching shanties and other stuff until then). Also avoid bumping into NPCs when sprinting to not get slowed down.

buzbuz33
11-30-2013, 02:31 AM
If it's the one I am thinking of (the one in the swamp?), the chase doesn't end when he enters the doors. You can run up an incline on the left side and continue the chase.

Syr.Jake
11-30-2013, 05:15 AM
Smoke bombs are your friend during this chase.

Make sure you have the upgraded pouches, and they are full (15).

Also, watch a video on the chase a couple of times, or more, so you see what your path should be.

He will do a jig around a well, where you can catch him, if you are able to keep up.

Took me about a dozen tries, or more, before I beat it.

KoolBreeze4201
12-01-2013, 01:07 AM
If it's the one I am thinking of (the one in the swamp?), the chase doesn't end when he enters the doors. You can run up an incline on the left side and continue the chase.

Once he reaches the gates the sequence ends in failure! Its the siege of Charles-town and you have to kill the captain but he seems to fast to catch, I can't even get close enough for a pistol kill and the original poster is at the same level having the same problem as me.

KoolBreeze4201
12-01-2013, 01:08 AM
A well I haven't seen a well in Charles-town its just a damn swamp.

KoolBreeze4201
12-01-2013, 01:08 AM
Hi ppl.

I've tried everything but I can't reach the captain before he gets to the mansion (game pad or keyboard+mouse). Every-time he beats me in the chase. Can anyone give me an advice on how to nail him?

Thanks

Same here have you figured it out yet?

Syr.Jake
12-01-2013, 03:51 AM
A well I haven't seen a well in Charles-town its just a damn swamp.

Info hidden in spoiler tags for those who do not want to be tempted to click on the video links.

Oops, it was a table, not a well. My bad. I was too busy chasing him to really see what was around. :)

The gamer shoots the Captain in this one.

the chase starts at 15:10 in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzqmt3kcsow

In this one, the gamer chases and stabs.

Chase scene starts at 15:27.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjKjd4PM6Ik

Giubz
12-01-2013, 04:04 AM
This mission is an example of extremely poor gameplay design. The designer for this mission thought it would be a riot to give players a mere seconds failure window, and forcing them to replay the whole thing if they failed. It's the kind of mission that makes you wonder why the people designing and testing it are in this industry at all.

Last time I had so much fun was when I went to the dentist to have a tooth removed.

nmfcarvalho1976
12-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Thank you all for the tips. Finally I've managed it. I asked my daughter to try it, after I almost pull all my hairs.

Its very difficult to pass it, its the worst mission.

Syr.Jake
12-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Thank you all for the tips. Finally I've managed it. I asked my daughter to try it, after I almost pull all my hairs.

Its very difficult to pass it, its the worst mission.

Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones who looks good bald!!

Glad to hear you were able to complete it. I nearly gave up on the game because of this one mission.

Vogue_77
12-02-2013, 05:39 AM
The chase is tricky because one small mistake (wrong angle facing when doing a jump etc) can ruin it completely and you can't recover. You can shoot him from the very start (guns with Y if your aim ain't that great, or use a sleeping dart if you have fast aim).

It's not one of the better scenes in the game since you have the option to skip it completely (the whole chase and actors / elements contained by it) from get go by instantly shooting the poor guy, IMHO you should be forced to chase, but give you options (like various routes, to cut him off, shoot some stuff to block his way and corner him etc) instead of forcing you on a simple predetermined path with a single mistake (guard shooting / tackling you or you simply missing a jump / turn) enough to guarantee failure.

CapnKel
03-07-2014, 04:31 PM
I know this thread is old (found it via Google), but I need to let it out by saying OMG THIS WAS A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Lost_in_NZ was right, going to the dentist is more fun than that terribly designed sack of... well, you know what. I'm known for having a ton of patience, but this so called event had me screaming after the 20th try. The only thing that will make defeating it worthwhile is the fact I'll be able to rate it one star once complete. That's the consolation prize here folks.

I swear that some developers just don't understand the point of a video game. Their job is to take the player on a journey that is both enjoyable and memorable. Some get that which is great. The bad ones, however, seem to view game development as an us versus them proposition, where they feel their job is to defeat the player. One makes people come back for more, the other makes people quit, sometimes permanently, in disgust. I'm going to have to dig deep to keep playing Black Flag after this experience. Almost makes me wish I had to do those idiotic races from the previous AC titles instead. Almost lol. ;)

rcole_sooner
03-07-2014, 04:44 PM
Funny thing I guess ... I hate most of the chase missions ... but this one I liked. I think it was the alligator (croc?) that you narrowly miss while sliding down the collapsing dock. And some 'splosions. It was at least entertaining.

I did have to try a few times. It gets down to memory work on these to know where to go and what to do ... or what not to do. Kinda the same for the sneak missions that require not being detected. ....sigh... I guess it is adds time to game play ... but neither are my favorite parts.

I had much more trouble with a few other chase missions ... or at least did not like them as well ... for what ever reason.