PDA

View Full Version : Uplay/Ubisoft autopatch/Splinter Cell constantly updating

BustyBabe
11-29-2013, 02:25 PM
I usually buy and play my games through Steam. This week I bought Splinter Cell from a shop and installed it. Automatically it installed Uplay and I have to play it through Uplay. The problem is that Uplay constantly updates. I haven't even played the game yet because when I want to play it first updates and it takes whole day to update. Tomorrow when I want to play there's a new update and so it goes on. It's very frustrating. I will not buy an Ubisoft game again unless it's through Steam. Is there anyway I can play the game without it being through Uplay? Please help.

pandem1c21
11-29-2013, 03:15 PM
I usually buy and play my games through Steam. This week I bought Splinter Cell from a shop and installed it. Automatically it installed Uplay and I have to play it through Uplay. The problem is that Uplay constantly updates. I haven't even played the game yet because when I want to play it first updates and it takes whole day to update. Tomorrow when I want to play there's a new update and so it goes on. It's very frustrating. I will not buy an Ubisoft game again unless it's through Steam. Is there anyway I can play the game without it being through Uplay? Please help.

I just got the game yesterday cause Black Friday sale and everytime I start I have to update as well. Is this normal?

UbiVolfbane
11-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Please keep in mind the Uplay client updates for the newest content and fixes. Please continue to update the Uplay client while prompted to do so. Please be sure that you are allowing the client to update completely. Interrupting the update may result in multiple attempts to do so.

Kristofferjos
07-22-2014, 08:24 PM
How on earth can you not have the latest binaries in the online installation library? I install the game online and after that I need to patch it 3 times. And every time the game starts. And I have to quit again. And start to get the next patch. Ever heard of cumulative patches? No other distributer gives me OLD files online, but fresh, patched binaries.

Ubisoft, u suck.

SanityAgathion
07-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Well, Dead Rising 3 or XBone never heard of cumulative patches too and we are talking about what, 11 gigabytes here? :)
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/ncsa/splintercell/blacklist/patch/Blacklist_Patch_v1_01.exe at least the first biggest one.