PDA

View Full Version : Second City

Ermiridion
11-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Hello,

I am newbie in this game, and i am going to settle my second city. I am Sylvan.
I would like to know what need in this new city, gold, ore, wood, gems, sulfur, crystal, mercury?

Thanks you.

ramborusina
11-29-2013, 01:35 PM
resources you'll need in long run are mercury, gems and gold. Wood and ore you'll need for buildings, I'd go for 2xgold, ore and wood if possible for 2nd town and rest towns focus on rares and gold.

Ermiridion
11-29-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks you

Ermiridion
11-29-2013, 03:03 PM
The best place i found is a Gold, wood, ore and crystal at 2 squares from Sphinx. I must be on it to control it? or can got it with my influence radius?

ramborusina
11-29-2013, 05:34 PM
That's not very good spot for you in my mind. Try finding slot with 1-2 gold and rest to be ore, wood, gems and mercury in mixture(don't take crystal or sulfur as you can trade those when building magic guilds).

And you will get that sphinx later even further away with higher influence/domination in town later on.

AndreanDW
11-29-2013, 06:30 PM
The best place i found is a Gold, wood, ore and crystal at 2 squares from Sphinx. I must be on it to control it? or can got it with my influence radius?
depending on playing with or without a good alliance this place is good or not;
when playing in a large active alliance the sphinx is a good thing for all (at the start a dwarven treasury is better, but in mid game the sphinx), and you get gold, wood, ore, and rare ressources you can buy and sell; the sphinx is a good argument too if you are not in an alliance but want to be invited; players with special buildings are every time a good choice when taking new members
when I'm playing within an alliance I try to get as many special buildings as possible, even if I have to pay some 10K more gold to settle; in my current alliance I collected 4 such buildings, on PvE servers already 6 or 7

Ermiridion
11-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks you, i will go for this place, i think its good to join a alliance.

dre.maa
11-30-2013, 04:49 AM
There are add-ons that can help you find mines more easily. mmhk-plus.eu has mine finder and hommk.net has map finder. You can use these to find a good combination of mines. If you are on a PvP server, double gold are usually very good because you can support a large standing army. On PvE servers, you tend to not need as large of a standing army (as it makes the attacks of the Dark Elves more difficult).

If the area is inside of your (alliance's) influence then you can settle there at normal cost. If it is not within the influence, then it costs extra depending on how far away you are (not sure if it from your home city or you nearest city or the average of all of your cities). For Sylvan, I think that you need more wood than you do ore to build most of your buildings. That means that you could take a town that was 2x gold-wood-anything and it would be good. Or perhaps gold-2x wood-(gem, mercury, or ore).

Depending on how populated your world is, your rares that you do not use may be able to be sold in the auction house. On a sparsely populated map (less than 150 people), then it is sometimes hard to sell resources via the auction house and you are left with useless rares that can only be sold at ~85% of their "value" in gold (assuming that 1 rare = 2,000 resources, you can use a merchant and wait for the double resource day that occurs once per month and you usually get about 1750). If you are on a densely populated world, you may be able to sell them at as much as 150% of their value (1 rare = 3,000 gold). They will almost always sell at the 100% rate (2,000 gold/rare).

Eventually, your sphere of influence will be ~4-6 squares from your city, so you don't necessarily need a spot that is just 2 from a regional building. Though, if you are trying to lure an alliancing into inviting you, it would be best to control said regional building.