PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Is this a joke? Challenges records

germanware
11-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Please tell me this person is using cheats or taking advantage of a bug somehow.. 10km.. it's INSANE!!!

http://i43.tinypic.com/rruyz4.jpg

Or maybe i just need to spend like 23 hrs a day to get to that level of "goodness"

DJTHED
11-29-2013, 12:28 AM
Oh, it's very possible. You just need to know how to get passed certain sections consistently enough to do it.

germanware
11-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Oh well.. i guess i'll just have to play untill my fingers bleed..

Gammator
12-29-2013, 11:55 PM
I'm facing something which I find very doubtful, and which is similar.
In this case, it is an unbelievable time (and for this, there are limit at contrary of distance as in the original post) in today's challenge coupled to a very strange ghost. I activated ghost to see how some do better times than mine (since some have a few tenths of second better than my time which is already very solid), and seen Angwold's ghost.
At the second place where beans step aside when you hit them, I'm clearly ahead. But he fall as if the beans were not here ?
Also didn't seen the ghost, but the actual leader of the challenge (SeJeKirch) have an even more unbelivable time. In a challenge where you NEVER slow down yourself (only with the two beans which separate themselves), it looks really suspect.

Didn't get the diamond cup friday while getting the 13th time at less than 1 minute of the end, to finally end 15th of 1454, I wouldn't like to don't get it here because of a cheat, even if hopefully my actual time will suffice.

DJTHED
12-30-2013, 12:31 AM
I got 7"91 on the Wii U, and #1 on the Wii U is 7"71. My time and the #1 time is completely legit. The reason we can go through the vine doors so quickly is because we groundpound right before they open, and right as they open, we immediately groundpound at max speed. It's not technically cheating, it's more like a trick.

Gammator
12-30-2013, 01:56 AM
Oh ok. Will try it, thanks for the tip. Found this very strange.

EDIT : After numerous try, I am not able to get this to work. If I groundpound extremely quickly, this kill me (as if my character was crushed between the vines), if I groundpound slower I groundpound after they open and I go to the death downwards (because of unability to control left/right). There is a third case, where my character roll but I don't get any speed boost.
I thought about another explanation, needing to have 2 player (read another subject about problem with that in dojo challenges). The first one groundpound to open the vine while the second, a little slower just before, don't lose any speed and end faster. I would test it if I had someone else with me skilled enough to follow the path at start, but anyway this would be an exploit.

Samuroleon
01-06-2014, 09:53 PM
No, It's perfectly possible, it just takes a lot of practise. SeJe is incredibly experienced and knows these tricks

Gammator
01-08-2014, 04:04 PM
This time, there is clearly something wrong.
On today's challenge, I made a 21"74 time. It's pretty competitive, though I knew that by doing everything at my best I may been somewhere neer 21", maybe even 20"50 or 20" with some tricks. Ok.
I come back to see where I was (I was 3rd at the time I made this), and what did I see ? A first time of 12"64. Since I used all classic tricks (attack while running to accelerate extremely fast after go ; optimal trajectory or near etc), a 40% amelioration is simply impossible.
Here it is clear, there is some bug exploit or cheat.
To understand this a little bit more, I decided to film the ghost of opponents.
On the following video (where I don't try to go fast, only seeing other trajectories), franceawesome, a regular opponent with extremely solid results, follow the "classic" path. Notice that he isn't actually in the top 10 (and so over 19 seconds, didn't checked his exact time), while he is one of the more regular and skilled PC player.
Other follow obviously wrong trajectories, which don't allow to take the lums.

Here it is :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxbGuE37Ss

Angwold
01-08-2014, 05:18 PM
You only see the ghost of one player per "team". Wich player the game decides to show as ghost im not sure. This gives that sometimes the ghost seems to finish before all the lums have been taken, while infact the other player that is not shown has finished off the ones the ghost seems to be missing.
In the running fast or falling fast type of challenges the game seems to always show the ghost of the player that crosses the finishingline or get the last needed lum.

The game is first and foremost a coop game, so the challanges will be tough to compete for platinum for singleplayers, atleast in the dojos. However, there seems to be far fewer coop teams than single players, atleast on the PC. Its only the extreme challenges that are singleplayer only, and there the ghost will be more precise.

Todays Dojo me and my brother got second place on our first try with 16:ish seconds. A few tweaks (use globbox, he has longer reach for instance) and a bunch of tries we got it down to 12:35 i think it was. No cheating, just using all the tricks in the books we learned since the game was released. I can also add that we absolutely suck at the long distance run challenges :)

mark96072
01-08-2014, 08:24 PM
You only see the ghost of one player per "team". Wich player the game decides to show as ghost im not sure. This gives that sometimes the ghost seems to finish before all the lums have been taken, while infact the other player that is not shown has finished off the ones the ghost seems to be missing.
In the running fast or falling fast type of challenges the game seems to always show the ghost of the player that crosses the finishingline or get the last needed lum.

The game is first and foremost a coop game, so the challanges will be tough to compete for platinum for singleplayers, atleast in the dojos. However, there seems to be far fewer coop teams than single players, atleast on the PC. Its only the extreme challenges that are singleplayer only, and there the ghost will be more precise.

Todays Dojo me and my brother got second place on our first try with 16:ish seconds. A few tweaks (use globbox, he has longer reach for instance) and a bunch of tries we got it down to 12:35 i think it was. No cheating, just using all the tricks in the books we learned since the game was released. I can also add that we absolutely suck at the long distance run challenges :)

That makes perfectly sense, Angwold! I also agree with you there's so much more to win when cooperating...Doing every challenge on my own (but started the game recently), but f.e. I'm experiencing a hard time during Murphy's Dungeon; learning to multitask even more ;)

I believe that score, but I'd say it's a mission impossible to get that score solo. 54th after a few times (25 [something] seconds).

Maybe I'll try Globox on that challenge! Finally no more server unavailability at the moment :)

Gammator
01-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Ah yeah true the multiplayer exploit in normal dojo speed challenge...
Thanks for explaining. I still find pretty lame it is even possible to do that, and to see nothing was done to fix that (read about that in another subject)
I don't have someone to play with me and I'm basically elminated, and it's really frustrating, even more knowing I could have compet for diamond cup otherwise. Pretty as when I ended 10th on 998 <_<

Angwold > Yeah it was you with the delirous time in 12" ^^