PDA

View Full Version : STICKY REQUEST- (PC) Throwing knife fix

Darkknife69
11-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Below was originally posted by Rejnfelt on REDDIT. I have undertaken and confirm this works, it will also activate the weapon cross bar.

PROBLEM

On PC when you get your first throwing knife and then select another tool in your inventory you cannot reselect the throwing knife as there is no key binding for it. Also you cannot access the weapon wheel (menu) because it doesn't have any keybindings. This issue can cause inability to disarm and kill guards as you cannot equip another throwing knife because you are carrying one in your inventory already.

SOLUTION - get the weapon wheel (menu) back

1. Go to your documents folder and find the Assassins Creed IV Black Flag folder.
2. Open the Assassin4.ini file
3. Find the lines under [KeyboardMouse2 DefaultBindings]:

PadUp=-1

PadRight=-1

PadDown=-1

PadLeft=-1

4. Change these lines to:

PadUp=72

PadRight=77

PadDown=80

PadLeft=75

5. Save the file.
6. Start AC4 Black Flag and load your game
7. Use the numpad keys 2, 4, 6 and 8 on your keyboard to select weapons

Your weapon wheel (menu) now shows up and you can select the throwing knife!

Enjoy!

EDIT: I realized that there have also been complaints that people without a wheel on their mouse cannot select between tools. This fix also solves your problem as you can now select tools from the weapon wheel menu.

EDIT2: Weapon wheel = weapon menu - there's no actual wheel, just a horizontal tool menu and vertical weapons menu.

EDIT3: Some may have the defaultBindings.map instead of the Assassin4.ini file

Fireseed
11-28-2013, 05:39 PM
Cool thing, Ive seen this file some days ago and was sure it has something to do with it. Could also fix the non-working throwing knives issue. So I will try it out.

edit:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/131128/gba7di6f.jpg

Really great, Ive found and could use my knive! Thanks alot!

Wintermist
11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Thanks for this!!

Ayven95
11-28-2013, 11:55 PM
I wonder why gamers fixed this in a week while Ubisoft didn't lift a finger....

Lokikron
11-29-2013, 01:29 AM
I wonder why gamers fixed this in a week while Ubisoft didn't lift a finger....

We're more resourceful and get **** done.

I'm extremely thankful for this solution, finally got the disarm and kill 3 agiles challenge beat today, and can now 100% my game with out having to do a 2nd playthrough.