PDA

View Full Version : How do you switch weapons i.e.a gun etc.? I'm encountering a glitch.

Quadcam99
11-28-2013, 12:50 AM
Hello,

I know you can swap weapons via the number keys (6 is my gun), but the number keys binded to weapons as well as treasure maps is annoyingly glitchy. They usually work when I first load the game, but after a while they don't. Example - if I push 9 to look at my treasure maps, the icon showing what I have in use (default's to my gun) just flickers quickly through my items available, then equips my shotgun.

I've seen in YouTube playthroughs that you can bring up a popup menu bar that enables you to cycle through your weapons and equip them, but I haven't the sweetest clue how to do this. The playthrough was being played with a controller, but I assume and hope you can do it via a keyboard because it's the only way I can properly play the game until this glitch is fixed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MnemonicSyntax
11-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Unless you use a controller, there isn't an inventory crossbar for keyboard.

You'll also notice that if you have throwing knives, you cannot use them either, because there is no button for it.

Quadcam99
11-28-2013, 02:32 PM
Unless you use a controller, there isn't an inventory crossbar for keyboard.

You'll also notice that if you have throwing knives, you cannot use them either, because there is no button for it.

Thanks for the reply. That is really frustrating.

Is my problem a common bug that requires a patch? I just got the blowpipe, and in order to finish this mission with 100% completion you have to use it on a specific number of enemies, but I obviously can't because of the aforementioned.

Thanks again.

Darkknife69
11-28-2013, 03:13 PM
found this on reddit, have requested a sticky in a new post-

PROBLEM

On PC when you get your first throwing knife and then select another tool in your inventory you cannot reselect the throwing knife as there is no key binding for it. Also you cannot access the weapon wheel (menu) because it doesn't have any keybindings. This issue can cause inability to disarm and kill guards as you cannot equip another throwing knife because you are carrying one in your inventory already.

SOLUTION - get the weapon wheel (menu) back

1. Go to your documents folder and find the Assassins Creed IV Black Flag folder.
2. Open the Assassin4.ini file
3. Find the lines under [KeyboardMouse2 DefaultBindings]:

PadUp=-1

PadRight=-1

PadDown=-1

PadLeft=-1

4. Change these lines to:

PadUp=72

PadRight=77

PadDown=80

PadLeft=75

5. Save the file.
6. Start AC4 Black Flag and load your game
7. Use the numpad keys 2, 4, 6 and 8 on your keyboard to select weapons

Your weapon wheel (menu) now shows up and you can select the throwing knife!

Enjoy!

EDIT: I realized that there have also been complaints that people without a wheel on their mouse cannot select between tools. This fix also solves your problem as you can now select tools from the weapon wheel menu.

EDIT2: Weapon wheel = weapon menu - there's no actual wheel, just a horizontal tool menu and vertical weapons menu.

EDIT3: Some may have the defaultBindings.map instead of the Assassin4.ini file

Quadcam99
11-28-2013, 10:02 PM
found this on reddit, have requested a sticky in a new post-

PROBLEM

On PC when you get your first throwing knife and then select another tool in your inventory you cannot reselect the throwing knife as there is no key binding for it. Also you cannot access the weapon wheel (menu) because it doesn't have any keybindings. This issue can cause inability to disarm and kill guards as you cannot equip another throwing knife because you are carrying one in your inventory already.

SOLUTION - get the weapon wheel (menu) back

1. Go to your documents folder and find the Assassins Creed IV Black Flag folder.
2. Open the Assassin4.ini file
3. Find the lines under [KeyboardMouse2 DefaultBindings]:

PadUp=-1

PadRight=-1

PadDown=-1

PadLeft=-1

4. Change these lines to:

PadUp=72

PadRight=77

PadDown=80

PadLeft=75

5. Save the file.
6. Start AC4 Black Flag and load your game
7. Use the numpad keys 2, 4, 6 and 8 on your keyboard to select weapons

Your weapon wheel (menu) now shows up and you can select the throwing knife!

Enjoy!

EDIT: I realized that there have also been complaints that people without a wheel on their mouse cannot select between tools. This fix also solves your problem as you can now select tools from the weapon wheel menu.

EDIT2: Weapon wheel = weapon menu - there's no actual wheel, just a horizontal tool menu and vertical weapons menu.

EDIT3: Some may have the defaultBindings.map instead of the Assassin4.ini file

Thanks for this. Although very helpful, I still have the glitch and can't switch weapons.

Should I contact Ubisoft via a ticket or other means?

Regards

Quadcam99
11-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Can I get some more assistance, please. I went to the Ubisoft customer support page to attempt to contact them directly, as per the instructions by this moderator here - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/298551-IMPORTANT-If-you-seek-technical-assistance-please-read-this-FIRST!?, but I don't see any way to do so.

Thanks