PDA

View Full Version : What are community challenges?

JohnBoyzZ
11-27-2013, 10:33 PM
For outfits and ship appearances, I'm only missing those that require completion of community challenges. Do they have something to do with the glitchy AC initiates site? If yes, then I'm not surprised.

Also, where do you get gold pistols?

Crouching.Tiger
11-27-2013, 10:36 PM
You get the gold pistols after finishing all the privateer contracts (those you get at defeated forts). As for the community challenges, I'm as lost as you. I'm guessing it is something you do online, since my Xbox isn't connected to the interwebs.

DetroitPlaya
11-27-2013, 10:36 PM
You unlock the Golden Flintlocks by doing all Naval Contracts.

And: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811920-What-gives-with-the-(lack-of)-Community-Challenges

JohnBoyzZ
11-27-2013, 11:36 PM
You're telling me I had the gold pistols long ago? I made this same mistake with the pistol swords...

robinthefactory
11-27-2013, 11:49 PM
You earn a costume, figurehead, sword, pistol, and wheel for community challenges.

JohnBoyzZ
11-28-2013, 12:31 AM
I was paying attention to the Swords and Pistols because they still aren't 100%. I thought it was because I didn't have Pistol Swords and Gold flintlocks but I had them since the beginning of November...

MnemonicSyntax
11-28-2013, 12:37 AM
AC Initiates is still in beta. Actually, I think it's a public alpha even.

The community challenges is where you are required to, as a community, to do something together. Last one was do 2000000 Assassinations. They had to be stealth kills, and you had to get at least 20 of them to earn the reward, which was the Explorer Outfit the first go-around.

JohnBoyzZ
11-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Btw, what is "Open a memory about Mayan site on initiates"? It's a mission objective on the site.

Kagurra
11-28-2013, 03:01 AM
AC Initiates is still in beta. Actually, I think it's a public alpha even.

The community challenges is where you are required to, as a community, to do something together. Last one was do 2000000 Assassinations. They had to be stealth kills, and you had to get at least 20 of them to earn the reward, which was the Explorer Outfit the first go-around.

I really want the explorer outfit just to try it out. But I haven't seen any challenges on xbox one.

DarktheMagister
11-28-2013, 03:31 AM
Btw, what is "Open a memory about Mayan site on initiates"? It's a mission objective on the site.

The site has a database feature. You just need to find the right entry for that to get checked off.

SixKeys
11-28-2013, 04:57 AM
Where does one even find these community challenges? I haven't seen any so far. Are they just not available for PC, as usual?

MnemonicSyntax
11-28-2013, 05:05 AM
Where does one even find these community challenges? I haven't seen any so far. Are they just not available for PC, as usual?

What do you mean "as usual?"

There's been only one Community Event, and it was on 360 and PS3. The next gen consoles and PC haven't seen one yet, but they will.

SixKeys
11-28-2013, 03:33 PM
What do you mean "as usual?"

There's been only one Community Event, and it was on 360 and PS3. The next gen consoles and PC haven't seen one yet, but they will.

PC players always tend to get shafted on these things, at least for the first month or two. We had to wait 3 months for loyalty rewards and champion packs for the AC3 multiplayer. Social events for AC4 have also been pretty borked so far. (Working only when they feel like it.)

Farlander1991
11-28-2013, 03:38 PM
PC players always tend to get shafted on these things, at least for the first month or two. We had to wait 3 months for loyalty rewards and champion packs for the AC3 multiplayer. Social events for AC4 have also been pretty borked so far. (Working only when they feel like it.)

I haven't seen a single white whale, social chest or royal convoy yet, even though my friends list on uPlay increases like by 10 people every day >_<

SixKeys
11-28-2013, 03:53 PM
I haven't seen a single white whale, social chest or royal convoy yet, even though my friends list on uPlay increases like by 10 people every day >_<

The social events worked for me on the first day, then stopped working for several days. Yesterday I finally found my first two white whales and immediately snatched them up in case the system goes down again.