PDA

View Full Version : Little Sally's Magic Trinket...

ironmantis3
11-27-2013, 01:41 PM
Johnny's Safety Blanket? Whatever...

This game has some interesting strategic elements. I like how board placement makes it feel like a cross between a card game and a real time strategy. But spell mechanics are a bit drab. So here's a simple card to mix things up...

Grog's navel lint voodoo doll...

Fortune-Ongoing

Interrupts enemy spell. Destroy Baby Mickey's Magic Pacifier at end of turn during which spell is prevented in this way.

Basically, an interrupt but within this game's mechanics and keeping with fortune vs spell concept.

Its not OP. You can just throw a chump spell at it to get rid of it. Basically, Crystal of Revelation with the added benefit of that it can interrupt non-damage spells like town port, storm wind, etc. At worse, it will delay them for a turn because they will have to throw something lame at it. Late game, it could be a boon by preventing them from playing Time Jump, etc. Even if they just cast something cheap, it'd still prevent them for a turn until clear. So regardless what happens, you still get your effect, but its not game breaking for a card that (to my knowledge) wouldn't have a real counter.

Hantziie
11-28-2013, 12:42 AM
I like the idea :)