PDA

View Full Version : Integrate Weapons Selector Menu in AC4

Franken000
11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Hi Ubisoft,

I suppose this is alot to ask from a huge company such as yourself by one player like me
but I was wondering if perhaps. (I Hope i'm not the only one)
U could integrate the weapon selector tool in the Black Flag game like in AC3 and console AC4?

Usually by the time i've scrolled to the right weapon or found the right key for the "perfect moment to use it" I am already to late.

Here an example what kind of menu I mean:

http://i45.tinypic.com/25gmd.jpg

Pretty Please integrate it in an update? :confused:
I also made a poll to see how others feel about this.

Regards!

Digitalqu33f
11-27-2013, 12:06 PM
It was a really nice feature in ac3 but personally i played ac2,acb,acr all using shortcuts and it works really well for me so I honestly dont care if they implement it or not

Anykeyer
11-27-2013, 12:26 PM
AC3 had way too many tools and this selection menu was really annoying (especially with the lack of dedicated button to call your horse). In AC4 you can select all stuff directly using 1-0 buttons (in row above letters). Its much faster
This screen is also absent in console versions of AC4, you just have D-pad up/down o scroll weapns and left/right to scroll tools. Same for PC if you play with xbox controller.

YazX_
11-27-2013, 12:39 PM
while in AC3 it was really annoying having a separate menu to select your tool and weapon, it should have been what AC4 for console has, instead of wheel, a scrollable horizontal line to choose your weapons. anyway, the lack of weapon wheel in AC4 doesnt bother alot due to the support of 1-0 buttons which we have been asking for since AC brotherhood. still not sure why to strip a feature to support another, they could have enabled both, quick selection for weapons through 1-0 and having weapons wheel at the same time using the default "Q" key. now this key is useless as it just cycles weapons and people tend to use the dedicated number for any weapon for quick access.

Weapon wheel is handy when you want to quick assign numbers for each weapon and it was nice to have BUT not like AC3 form.

Franken000
11-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Yaz has a point.
The selector menu in AC3 really interrupted the game while the selector in AC Revelations for example was layed out on top of the game without having the feeling the game was being pauzed.

I personally love it if I don't have to move my hand to reach every function in the game. Which u must do if u use the 1-0 keys. For me it's that split second that can get u another blow from enemies or not.

@Anykeyer, are u sure all consoles don't have it? I was watching my nephew on PS3 and he showed a sortlike selector menu. Which gave me the idea to ask for a pc version asswell.

Regards
Clerckie

Anykeyer
11-28-2013, 10:29 AM
are u sure all consoles don't have it? I was watching my nephew on PS3 and he showed a sortlike selector menu. Which gave me the idea to ask for a pc version asswell.

http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4weaponcross_zps7cbb0451.png

This is how it looks on consoles and PC with controller. You have to scroll left/right for tools and up/down for weapons.

IDefectedI
11-28-2013, 02:39 PM
They should add something like Deus Ex human revolution style weapon wheel and menu screen.

Franken000
11-28-2013, 11:17 PM
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r696/HeavenlyController/ac4weaponcross_zps7cbb0451.png

This is how it looks on consoles and PC with controller. You have to scroll left/right for tools and up/down for weapons.

Ah yes! That would even be better then my image in the 1st post

@Coletje, I also saw it. In starting the game I also was able to use a throwing knife once. Never seen it back neither

Franken000
12-04-2013, 12:08 AM
Just logged in. There's a weapon selector menu!

Amazing support!
Thank you so much, and sede u in the next game.