PDA

View Full Version : AC4 resolution is broken, everything blurry, game window very small, unplayable.

gotanksshine
11-27-2013, 07:45 AM
I tried posting this in the Technical forum but everytime I hit Submit Thread I got an error messages saying I needed to pick a Thread Prefix, which I did, but it still wouldn't let me post it. I just bought Black Flag at Gamestop less than a week ago and I got it home and installed it and when I start up the game the game window is very small and centered in the middle of my screen then there is a green border around the whole thing and then a black border around that. I am playing on a 42 inch Sanyo HD TV and the actual game window when I open up the game is about the size of a 20 inch screen and everything is extremely blurry. Going into the compatibility tab on Single player and setting it to run at 640x480 resolution somehow fixes it occasionally but that fix only works about 20% of the time and it doesn't work for Multiplayer at all. The attached screenshot is what my game window looks like minus the green and black border that is around the whole screen. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with a Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz, 8GB of DDR5, AMD Radeon HD 6800 and all the latest drivers for everything. Someone please help because it is unplayable like this.

http://tinypic.com/r/2woja0i/5

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Hi and welcome to the forums, please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.

fotonut
11-30-2013, 07:25 PM
I tried posting this in the Technical forum but everytime I hit Submit Thread I got an error messages saying I needed to pick a Thread Prefix, which I did, but it still wouldn't let me post it. I just bought Black Flag at Gamestop less than a week ago and I got it home and installed it and when I start up the game the game window is very small and centered in the middle of my screen then there is a green border around the whole thing and then a black border around that. I am playing on a 42 inch Sanyo HD TV and the actual game window when I open up the game is about the size of a 20 inch screen and everything is extremely blurry. Going into the compatibility tab on Single player and setting it to run at 640x480 resolution somehow fixes it occasionally but that fix only works about 20% of the time and it doesn't work for Multiplayer at all. The attached screenshot is what my game window looks like minus the green and black border that is around the whole screen. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with a Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz, 8GB of DDR5, AMD Radeon HD 6800 and all the latest drivers for everything. Someone please help because it is unplayable like this.

http://tinypic.com/r/2woja0i/5

I am seeing a very similar problem I haven't been able to resolve so far: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812768-AC4-runs-at-very-low-resolution-on-my-GT650M-system-(Windows-7-on-2012-MacBook-Pro)?p=9404587#post9404587

However, my system and GPU are pretty different from yours. Only common factor seems to be Windows 7 64-bit.

Please update here if you come across a solution elsewhere.

gotanksshine
12-01-2013, 12:52 AM
I opened a ticket with Tech support nearly 4 days ago and I haven;t even gotten a response.

MnemonicSyntax
12-01-2013, 01:26 AM
I opened a ticket with Tech support nearly 4 days ago and I haven;t even gotten a response.

Support was closed on Thanksgiving Day, and I'm fairly sure they're closed on the weekends too.

fotonut
12-05-2013, 02:39 AM
I am seeing a very similar problem I haven't been able to resolve so far: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/812768-AC4-runs-at-very-low-resolution-on-my-GT650M-system-(Windows-7-on-2012-MacBook-Pro)?p=9404587#post9404587

However, my system and GPU are pretty different from yours. Only common factor seems to be Windows 7 64-bit.

Please update here if you come across a solution elsewhere.

Someone on the Apple Support Communities provided a solution that works for me, on my setup, and that is to set the "font size" setting in the Windows control panel to 100%. Since the Retina MacBook Pro I'm using has a pretty high resolution display (about 220 dpi), I had the font size set to 150%, and apparently AC4 doesn't like that.

Now since your set up is pretty different, I don't know if it will help, but just in case it may... Good luck!

McDirty311
12-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Someone on the Apple Support Communities provided a solution that works for me, on my setup, and that is to set the "font size" setting in the Windows control panel to 100%. Since the Retina MacBook Pro I'm using has a pretty high resolution display (about 220 dpi), I had the font size set to 150%, and apparently AC4 doesn't like that.

Now since your set up is pretty different, I don't know if it will help, but just in case it may... Good luck!

YESSSS!! thank you so much. I had this same problem with Assassins Creed III when it first released and I didn't play it because I couldn't find any solution on forums or from Ubisoft. Guess I'll have another game to go back and play after I beat this.