PDA

View Full Version : I am Sick of this (possible spoilers)

mikeyf1999
11-26-2013, 11:34 PM
I'm tired of people hating on Edward just because he wasn't an assassin until the end. I know that they have an opinion but they also have to think about this;
You're working for Abstergo Entertainment, this isn't like AC2-ACB where you were training nor ACR (getting out of a coma) and AC3 (preventing the end of the world)
You're not trying to train to be an assassin and Edward is still a PIRATE that doesn't mean that everybody who hears of the assassins has to automatically become one.
The reason that it feels more Pirate than Assassin is because for Abstergo Entertainment, you're just trying to find out about his life for an upcoming movie Pirates of NIghtmares (Observatory for the Templars) Srry about the rant but my friend just kept on bugging me about it. plz don't hate on me people but I know that it had to be said from somebody

DetroitPlaya
11-26-2013, 11:36 PM
this isn't like AC2-ACB where you were training nor ACR (getting out of a coma) and AC3 (preventing the end of the world)
You're not trying to train to be an assassin and Edward is still a PIRATE that doesn't mean that everybody who hears of the assassins has to automatically become one.

+1

MnemonicSyntax
11-26-2013, 11:37 PM
+1

Sigv4rd
11-26-2013, 11:51 PM
+2 (I have a friend with me IRL who agrees)

guardian_titan
11-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Edward never joined the Order ... at least not in AC4. He even states as much in the epilogue.
Edward: Will you stay with the Assassin?
Anne: No. I haven't got that kind of Conviction in my Heart. You?
Edward: In Time, aye... when my Mind is settled and my Blood is cooled.
We know Edward joins at some point prior to 1733 or he'd have no reason to train Haytham to be an Assassin. If he wasn't one by then, then it begs the question what Edward was really training Haytham for.

Think people were more assuming Edward would be obviously an assassin by the end. Connor got a cheap moment when he got the robes but he at least joined. Ezio wasn't an assassin for much of AC2, either, although he had the official ceremony. The AC4 ending left a lot open, including whether or not Edward's really an assassin, that we'll probably never see explained.

If the matter really bothers you, just ignore it. Change the subject. Don't post in threads on it. Don't make threads on it. No sense getting an ulcer over something that won't matter in a few months or a year. Next game will be announced probably around March or April next year and Edward will get swept under the rug. Throw in the movie hype and he'll be pretty much forgotten by the time AC6 hits shelves and the movie hits theaters.

The game has it's good points and it hopefully leads into what will come in future games, but personally, for me, it just left too many loose threads to truly be enjoyable. Is it wrong to like closure?

MnemonicSyntax
11-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Edward never joined the Order ... at least not in AC4. He even states as much in the epilogue.
Edward: In Time, aye... when my Mind is settled and my Blood is cooled.
We know Edward joins at some point prior to 1733 or he'd have no reason to train Haytham to be an Assassin. If he wasn't one by then, then it begs the question what Edward was really training Haytham for.

Think people were more assuming Edward would be obviously an assassin by the end. Connor got a cheap moment when he got the robes but he at least joined. Ezio wasn't an assassin for much of AC2, either, although he had the official ceremony. The AC4 ending left a lot open, including whether or not Edward's really an assassin, that we'll probably never see explained.

If the matter really bothers you, just ignore it. Change the subject. Don't post in threads on it. Don't make threads on it. No sense getting an ulcer over something that won't matter in a few months or a year. Next game will be announced probably around March or April next year and Edward will get swept under the rug. Throw in the movie hype and he'll be pretty much forgotten by the time AC6 hits shelves and the movie hits theaters.

The game has it's good points and it hopefully leads into what will come in future games, but personally, for me, it just left too many loose threads to truly be enjoyable. Is it wrong to like closure?

+1.

Though I think this thread was more to balance the scales and show that there are people who enjoy closure and want more from the story, and there's nothing wrong with that at all.

At least, that's how I took it.

mikeyf1999
11-27-2013, 12:50 AM
What you say may be true but I count him as a member primarily because Mary wanted him to become one. As you know, she wanted him to atone by joining the assassins
Edward: In Time, aye... when my Mind is settled and my Blood is cooled.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
I see this as that he already was apart of it and it was more of whether or not he'll continue being a member
It's not the matter itself it's more of people who repeatedly complain about it
I love closure (that's why i loved Embers) and this is probably the only game that gave a true sense of closure in the AC series

ExtremeOutsider
11-27-2013, 04:48 AM
if we are discussing the ending then Edward is a sell out .

mikeyf1999
11-27-2013, 06:01 AM
How?