PDA

View Full Version : Aveline DLC for AC4

SlenderTech
11-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Random question, how big is the aveline DLC on PS3/PS4?

Because, I have a file called "DataPC_Aveline_1_dlc.forge" on the PC version and am wondering whether it's actually the PS3/PS4 exclusive dlc. Mine is about 640MB.

Perhaps, this "exclusive" content isn't so exclusive after all...

DetroitPlaya
11-26-2013, 08:31 PM
The DLC is also for PC.

But it's waste of 40 minutes.

guardian_titan
11-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Aveline is a console exclusive. For DLC matters, PC is not considered a console so what's exclusive to a console a PC can theoretically get. Benedict Arnold in AC3 was also a PS3 exclusive but PC got it as well. You just have to make you sure got the right version of the PC game. If you got the gold or digital deluxe edition of AC4 for the PC, you should have access to Aveline's DLC. The standard version of the game won't have her. But it's only 40-60 minutes and you aren't missing much if you don't have it. You can watch the entire thing on Youtube.

DLC in a nutshell:
Connor asks Aveline to go to Goat Island (off the coast of Rhode Island) to track down someone named Patience Gibbs. Aveline tracks her down and then helps Patience take out a whacky doctor who stole her charm. The DLC ends with the two saying they're now going to Connor's homestead (Davenport). The only thing that might be of interest is that it appears Patience is a lesbian and hits on Aveline. Dialogue's WAY too suggestive if that's not the case. The DLC just runs by so fast so there's little character development.
Time frame of the DLC seems to be up in the air. I thought it was 5 years after Liberation ended which was 1777 putting it in 1782, but Connor was in psychotic killer mode at the time so I doubt he'd take a 5 minute break from tracking Charles Lee to go recruit new assassins. Given Connor's letter to Aveline suggested Patience attacked him (he warns Aveline Patience is dangerous and he learned that the hard way), I very much doubt psycho Connor would let anyone get away with attacking him. Patience would've been dead. Since Charles dies in October 1782 and Aveline's DLC is not in winter, the DLC would have to be the year (or more) after Charles dies so 1783 onward. Could be as late as 1784, but Aveline's Animus entry states "by 1784 she was doing missions regularly for Connor' which means she could've been doing missions before then irregularly and Patience Gibbs was the first.

SlenderTech
11-26-2013, 10:22 PM
You just have to make you sure got the right version of the PC game. If you got the gold or digital deluxe edition of AC4 for the PC, you should have access to Aveline's DLC. The standard version of the game won't have her.

I got the Skull Edition... God Dangit! Why are you installing stuff on my computer I can't even use!?

Landruner
11-26-2013, 11:15 PM
I got the Skull Edition... God Dangit! Why are you installing stuff on my computer I can't even use!?

They were a way too many exclusivities and ULCs/DLCs and different a way too many different editions for AC4 - Seriously, I almost gave up in buying this game because of it because it usually stand for deception with the product - I guess I was not totally wrong since AC4 is cool, but you still have a way too many confusions and stuff for customization that are cut from the game that go to those exclusivities and a lot od stress for the ones that lost, or did not get the code inside their edition - The saddest part is most of these contents are already on the game and people already paid for in buying the game (normal retail version), but people need to buy expensive more to unlock them. and go in quest to get them - That stupid, twisted, and greedy marketing business practice is killing that franchise.

ExtremeOutsider
11-27-2013, 02:26 PM
i don't care I have the PSN version so I am not worried about stupid file sizes like the Op seems to be

SlenderTech
11-27-2013, 08:28 PM
i don't care I have the PSN version so I am not worried about stupid file sizes like the Op seems to be

What?

You seem to have misunderstood what I'm talking about... are you even old enough to play this?

pacmanate
11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
What?

You seem to have misunderstood what I'm talking about... are you even old enough to play this?

No one here is, we are all 12