PDA

View Full Version : AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working after update.

archav3n
11-26-2013, 03:30 PM
OMG!. This finally happened to me. Damn Ubisoft.. WTF!. It was working and my progress was 40% and after UPlay update AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working!!. What can i do? Damn this is really bad :(

theTrezpasser
11-26-2013, 06:50 PM
Jup, I haven't even played at all, because I got the game after the update. PLease I want a solution!

theTrezpasser
11-26-2013, 06:55 PM
O wow I did it!

It's pretty simple, I tried to rund the exe directly.

I went to the installation folder and right clicked AC4BFSP.exe. The first thing I tried was run with GPU, and then I chose my dedicated card. I don't know if that was necessary but it was the first thing I tried and it worked. Maybe the problem is just launching it from Uplay.

dk_zeb
11-26-2013, 09:34 PM
I also have a Crash To Desktop - when launching the game - not aware if it happened after an update - but it prob. did... i tried restarting the computer - reinstalling the game - reinstalled my GFX drivers - tried running the .exe file directly from explorer - as administrator and everything - nothing has worked as of yet.
PC Specs:
i7 2600k
16 gb ram
770 GTX 2GB

the game ran perfectly fine yesterday...

YazX_
11-26-2013, 09:43 PM
the only thing you can do now is to reinstall the game, and cancel the update when you hit play on UPlay after installation.

Eqtriz
11-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Yup, same here. Worked fine yesterday evening. Did the Uplay update today and now it is crashing every time i try to start up the game.

Bartthgar
12-13-2013, 05:46 PM
Nothing works for me except maybe finding a lawyer and starting a class action suit . 650$ 780 card and i7 quad core -32 gigs memory and get AC4BFSP.exe - are you kidding me ?

denoswn
12-13-2013, 07:02 PM
I feel your pain Bartt.

raresdicu
12-13-2013, 08:32 PM
it does not work on me,
appeared a solution?

gold25
12-14-2013, 08:16 AM
yes same problem as well it run perfect before just after the latest update crashes all the time at starup damn wish there was a fix already

archav3n
12-14-2013, 09:34 AM
Luckily the verify files worked for me. I understand how it feels out a sudden the game stopped working. It really freaks me out and really thank god the verify files worked. It must be the DRM thingy i would suspect.

jackels2
12-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Hey guys I got the same problem after the update so I uninstalled the game re-installed it and copied the AC4BFSP.exe and AC4BFMP.exe to a new folder run the update and after the updated I copied the 2 files back and overwrite the 2 that came with the update and my game is working again.

tom3tone59
12-14-2013, 06:29 PM
yes, it is happening to most people can't get past the religous screen without a BEX error

gold25
12-14-2013, 06:55 PM
can someone upload the exe files before the uplay udates them i cant seem to stop the update each time i reinstall this game..?:(

tom3tone59
12-14-2013, 08:20 PM
After many workings on this same problem I have found a fix don't know if it will work for you but it did foe me found it in nvidia forums

goto control panel

open programs and features

on the left side click on installed updates

find the windows update that is dated 2-1-2013 it is a KB number but can't remember the number

after unistall restart you computer

hope this helps!

abn505
12-14-2013, 09:45 PM
I have had this issue since I downloaded the game, it's random at different times. Sometimes I can play 20 minutes and sometimes 5 minutes. I tried all the recommendations form UBISOFT and nothing worked. It took over 4 hours to download this game!!!!!! Does anyone have the issue with the downloaded version and the store bought disc version as well? I wonder if there is a difference. Also, kind of annoying especially after building a good system to handle the newer games!!!!!!!

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H motherboard
Corsair 16gb Dominator Platinum 1600mhz
Gigabyte 760GTX-OC 4GB
Corsair 750D Case
Corsair RM850 PSU
Windows 7

denoswn
12-14-2013, 11:43 PM
I have had this issue since I downloaded the game, it's random at different times. Sometimes I can play 20 minutes and sometimes 5 minutes. I tried all the recommendations form UBISOFT and nothing worked. It took over 4 hours to download this game!!!!!! Does anyone have the issue with the downloaded version and the store bought disc version as well? I wonder if there is a difference. Also, kind of annoying especially after building a good system to handle the newer games!!!!!!!

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H motherboard
Corsair 16gb Dominator Platinum 1600mhz
Gigabyte 760GTX-OC 4GB
Corsair 750D Case
Corsair RM850 PSU
Windows 7

Same problem abn505. I tried countless methods, even at least 10 methods from Ubisoft itself.

You can also play for a specific amount of time then crash and restart system right ?

BioRoots
12-15-2013, 12:03 AM
I got the disk from the store and like you only able to play random time 30 min max now i can't even play more then 1 min with out a crash

abn505
12-15-2013, 12:14 AM
Same problem abn505. I tried countless methods, even at least 10 methods from Ubisoft itself.

You can also play for a specific amount of time then crash and restart system right ?

Yep, I can restart after a crash by Alt-Ctrl-Delete, I also verify the files in the Uplay console on the single player drop down every time it crashes.

portgasDrouge
12-15-2013, 12:33 AM
i have a problem with that the Uplay launcher is stuck on the update i have tryd to reinstal but the problem is the same.
Why can`t i play assasin`s creed black flag without the uplay launcher?

abn505
12-15-2013, 06:59 PM

I found the info below from sevenforums, I wonder if this would actually work. Any thoughts? http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/313181-ac4bfsp-exe-has-stopped-working-problem.html

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System
then advanced system settings
under advanced go to performance settings
then data execution prevention then add AC4BFSP.exe there

denoswn
12-15-2013, 09:07 PM
I am no longer going to do anything.

I wrote a final message to Ubisoft, and from now on I am going to wait. They HAVE TO find a solution for this, or else, there will be no reputation left towards Ubisoft. Everyone will eventually spread this word. Hell, even my mum and dad asks me everyday whether my game is working or not lol.

maj1122
12-15-2013, 09:39 PM
This is killing me i hope that they will find solution fast

tunnelcat
12-15-2013, 10:25 PM
the only thing you can do now is to reinstall the game, and cancel the update when you hit play on UPlay after installation.

Do the patches come up sequentially in the UPlay launcher? I just installed the game and got the notice for a patch. Are there 3 patches out now and are they installed sequentially, not as one BIG patch. I'd like to not install 1.03 until they figure out what screwed up.

YazX_
12-15-2013, 10:42 PM
Do the patches come up sequentially in the UPlay launcher? I just installed the game and got the notice for a patch. Are there 3 patches out now and are they installed sequentially, not as one BIG patch. I'd like to not install 1.03 until they figure out what screwed up.

i'm not sure as i usually update any game asa the patch released and have a downloaded copy of the patch incase it was removed from Ubisoft servers as it happened before, so never faced the issue where the game has to be updated from scratch, try it out and let me know.

tunnelcat
12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
OK, that's what I normally like to do, download the patches and install them manually. But where can I find a link to the actual patches for the PC version?

abn505
12-16-2013, 12:57 AM
OK, that's what I normally like to do, download the patches and install them manually. But where can I find a link to the actual patches for the PC version?

I have not seen the patch on the support page.

rarjona
12-16-2013, 09:35 AM
*MINOR SPOIL ALERT*
Crash to Desktop on Sequence 11, Memory 2. 50 gameplay hours without problem, swimming with sharks dream, crash to desktop always, gtx770. 2500k, w7 64. Try 331.82 and 331.65 drivers, offline mode, low graphics settings...

itayassa
12-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Any1 found a sellution?

Slick_64
12-17-2013, 10:17 AM
still no solution Ubisoft?? why is it that you just ignore your customers? thousands of us have not been able to play this game since we bought it - yet not one word from you as to when this will be sorted! disgrace!

Kaldire
12-17-2013, 11:39 AM
and yep now the saves are erased or not syncing please help

anyone?

abn505
12-17-2013, 02:35 PM
I have the same problem, Ubisoft recomendations don't work. I do get more crashes if I set my audio higher than CD quality, 16 bit 44000 mhz on my realtek audio chipset. Do a lot of people with this issue have a realtek audio chipset? It happens in Splintercell Blacklist too!

Slick_64
12-17-2013, 03:27 PM
I've managed to get the game working now by doing the following listed below. However you will lose all saved games and will start from the beginning again..

1. Launch Uplay, login go to AC4BF game. stop.
2. go to "program files, ubisoft, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag folder.
3. Find DataPC_patch.forge
4. Rename to DataPC_patche.forge
5. Move up to AC4BFSP, double click and game should launch.
6. your game should be on rev:1.03

So far this is working for me, but have since lost interest in this game because of UBISOFT and their useless service and customer commitment. I am just wondering when it will crash again..maybe after 8 hours of gaming....
I describe UBISOFT service as this:

Say you go buy a brand new car, you turn the ignition and nothing happens....you phone the garage you bought the car from and IF by any remote chance they answer the phone, they say try the following:
1. is your battery charged?
2. have you checked your fuel level?
3. is there water and oil in the engine?
4. is it your car?
5. is it registered in your name?

it will not be a hard decision to make to NEVER, NEVER and NEVER again, buy another ibisoft game. Slick out.

tunnelcat
12-18-2013, 01:30 AM
I haven't found any stand alone patches to download, but I can get the game to run in offline mode however with no patches installed at the moment. How long will the game work before............

itayassa
12-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Any1? its not working for more then 2 weeks!