PDA

View Full Version : Story: Legendary Heroes and 2 weeks timer?

Von_Altair
11-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Alright, there are Legendary Heroes for example Markal at store. It says, it has 2 weeks usage time.
Does that really mean, that you can use that very expensive hero for only 2 weeks??? What is point
behind this one?

MartyAmodeo
11-25-2013, 08:19 PM
Their stats are far and away much higher than any hero you can build. They are tremendously overpowered and can do a great deal of damage in that short time. Also since you can only have one "Markal" (or other legendary hero) in a given game world, the timer gives another alliance a chance to buy him. But yes, they are expensive. Most people will just buy legendary skills and artifact sets instead since they can keep them for the entire game world.

AndreanDW
11-26-2013, 10:26 AM
and someone who buys such an expensive hero for real money to get an advantage over his neighbors will probably give even more money to keep this advantage therefore that is a successful business model - like selling crack to drug addicts

dre.maa
11-27-2013, 03:27 AM
Alright, there are Legendary Heroes for example Markal at store. It says, it has 2 weeks usage time.
Does that really mean, that you can use that very expensive hero for only 2 weeks??? What is point
behind this one?

Many of the heroes cannot be beaten without having a much larger army (since they often have stats over 100, sometimes even exceeding 200) or a legendary hero of your own. Some of them don't lose troops (or lose very little) if you do beat them. I don't think it is possible to actually beat Markal in a single battle. I think he can kill 75% of your troops with scourge, and then summon about 50% of your original army size back as a phoenix to fight your remaining 25% of troops. Given that he has abnormally large stats (44/48 attk/defense-with his 150 magic), it is unlikely that you will be able to defeat him in actual combat if he has those two spells available (unless you can spell his phoenix to death or have lots of magic resistance yourself...scourge can't miss as it hits all troop stacks).

I didn't see a legendary hero on my PvP server this season. You cannot attack or defend a grail with a legendary hero. Legendary heroes used to be common on grail runs in S3, as it was difficult to defeat these heroes. However, I did see a couple of legendary heroes on my speed servers. The servers only lasted about two weeks. There was one guy who was sieging towns with Godric (212 defense, 130 magic). The best part was, some of the sieges were broken...

As AndreanDW says, it is a successful business model. Player A is beating up on Player B. Player B gets sick of this, buys super hero A to turn the tide. Now, Player A gets sick of getting beat by Player B (he was beating him before...), so now he needs to get a super hero as well to "keep up with the Joneses."