PDA

View Full Version : Found a fix to relieve stuttering.

IDefectedI
11-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Overclock your CPU to 4.6! fixed. And this only relieves stuttering not a perfect fix. So if you have the cooling system to peek 5.0 you should be good to go. :p

IDefectedI
11-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Still stutters. Not as bad but man this game proves they did a piss poor job when optimizing it. Come what the hell do you need to run this game without stuttering? GTX 780 sli and Overclocked CPU 4.6 still not enough. Reading some comments declaring no stuttering on lowend hardware makes no sense

drakkar321
11-26-2013, 05:30 AM
Still stutters. Not as bad but man this game proves they did a piss poor job when optimizing it. Come what the hell do you need to run this game without stuttering? GTX 780 sli and Overclocked CPU 4.6 still not enough. Reading some comments declaring no stuttering on lowend hardware makes no sense

You should be able to run AC4 maxed out, without any slowdowns, with even a single GTX 780. My hardware is now 2 years old, and I can assure you, that there is no stuttering. Try reading this post and following the suggestions in it-

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810775-Improving-Performance-Frame-Rates-in-AC4-Black-Flag-with-mid-high-Nvidia-cards

Assuming that there are no other issues with your PC, then it should take care of your stuttering, without the need for overclocking your CPU. Also, keep in mind that with excessive overclocking there is a point of diminishing returns. The more you overclock, the more heat you produce, which can cause the CPU to throttle down when the thermal limit is reached. You can actually get worse performance with overclocking in many situations.

Dicehunter
11-26-2013, 06:08 AM
Overclock your CPU to 4.6! fixed. And this only relieves stuttering not a perfect fix. So if you have the cooling system to peek 5.0 you should be good to go. :p

My 4770K is overclocked to 4.80GHz and running alongside an EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC Edition overclocked to 1250/3800, Game runs smooth as butter :)

You should be able to run AC4 maxed out, without any slowdowns, with even a single GTX 780. My hardware is now 2 years old, and I can assure you, that there is no stuttering. Try reading this post and following the suggestions in it-

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/810775-Improving-Performance-Frame-Rates-in-AC4-Black-Flag-with-mid-high-Nvidia-cards

Assuming that there are no other issues with your PC, then it should take care of your stuttering, without the need for overclocking your CPU. Also, keep in mind that with excessive overclocking there is a point of diminishing returns. The more you overclock, the more heat you produce, which can cause the CPU to throttle down when the thermal limit is reached. You can actually get worse performance with overclocking in many situations.

A good CPU cooler is the key to any good overclock, I've never seen my CPU go over 64'c and it's thermal limit is 95'c as far as I know and I'll never get anywhere close to that thanks to good cooling.