PDA

View Full Version : Next Expansion: The Five Towers - Tower of the Smith

Aza404
11-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Tower of the Smith / Smith’s Pride

Smith’s Pride is a brilliant combination of bold metal and relentless stone, a testimony to the Shantiri Forges, Arkath, the Dragon God of Fire, and the Dwarven smiths who certainly had an important role in building it. An entire clan of Stronghammer Dwarves numbering seven hundred strong, made a pilgrimage to the tower after its completion, to pay it homage and admire its tremendous beauty. Fender, the clan’s illustrious weaponsmith, cried in joy upon touching the edifice. One of his tears is said to have been transformed into flamegold by the magic in the tower. He wore the tear on a chain around his neck and bequeathed it to his heirs. The necklace is still worn today, and said to fill its wearer with the courage of Arkath.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/MM-DOC/smith_highlight.png

Report from Asalah to the Council of Nine

The tower of Fire has been found using the rituals the Council prepared. It is indeed occupied by the Arch-Demon, Prince Phrias, who has set his minions to the task of placing Chaos wards and spells around its base and along its parapets. Again, the information given to us by the renegade, Hakeem, has proven true. The archives are confirming that this is indeed the Smith’s Pride of legend, constructed by the Shantiris over a millennia ago for some unknown purpose. We must recover it quickly, for Phrias uses the tower as a magical amplifier to instill a maddening fury in the minds of our officers, leading our troops to self-destruction before they are able to reach the battlefield.

Revalon
11-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Why are dawrves always related to the number 7?

Here, its sevenhundred that made the pilgramage.

But I really like this little insight in the expansion without telling us anything about what is coming gamewise.
And as these threads about the towers seem to come weekly (11th, 18th, 25th of this month). I'm really looking forward to next weeks thread :)

AlbelV
11-25-2013, 04:29 PM
From the lore of all three threads, we can safely draw the conclusion: Hakeem = pro spy

And would the dwarves be a new faction? hmmm....

Prezezlw
11-25-2013, 04:39 PM
I would really like to see the dwarves :) I hope they will come out from the tower ;p

krozzus
11-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I don't remember HoMaM3 after all this time but in HoMaM 4 dwarves were part of academy in HoMaM 5 they had an own race. In HoMaM 6 they were kind of absent. I think it would make sense if they were part of the academy again though. Maybe some creatures that actually pack a punch in more than hitpoints.

Wikist
11-25-2013, 04:46 PM
I don't remember HoMaM3 after all this time but in HoMaM 4 dwarves were part of academy in HoMaM 5 they had an own race. In HoMaM 6 they were kind of absent. I think it would make sense if they were part of the academy again though. Maybe some creatures that actually pack a punch in more than hitpoints.

Heroes 3 and 4 was in another world, not in Ashan. Heroes V and VI are in the current world.

Crimson84
11-25-2013, 05:14 PM
very cool....

roanranger
11-25-2013, 10:11 PM
From the lore of all three threads, we can safely draw the conclusion: Hakeem = pro spy

And would the dwarves be a new faction? hmmm....

Ya, Hakeem certainly seems to be around all the towers. I'm wondering why he's called a renegade here?

I wonder if we'll see more V2 characters due to the power of the towers (like Arianne from the Tower of the Gardener or Phrias here).

Also, back in the Dreamer's Tower preview it seems to imply that Akane's not that trusted even though they mention she's loyal to Gazal, plus the renegade mention here, so I wonder if we'll see more characters switching sides as well.

Bazaltovy
11-26-2013, 11:49 AM
As far as I can see, every Void hero except Kieran was given a Tower. I assume he'll get one (maybe the Tower of the Inventor?)... This leaves one Tower untaken... Is it Gazal's tower? Or maybe she has only the Throne of Renewal, and the fifth Tower is for new Void Hero? Stronghold still has none of those.

I also agree - Hakeem = pro spy

svilleneuve
11-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Ya, Hakeem certainly seems to be around all the towers. I'm wondering why he's called a renegade here?

I wonder if we'll see more V2 characters due to the power of the towers (like Arianne from the Tower of the Gardener or Phrias here).

Also, back in the Dreamer's Tower preview it seems to imply that Akane's not that trusted even though they mention she's loyal to Gazal, plus the renegade mention here, so I wonder if we'll see more characters switching sides as well.

In the story prior to Forgotten Wars, Hakeem was allied with Gazal and had his Tower. Ignatius was also part of the group. But when she turned into the Herald of the Void, they turned on her. Hakeem tried to help the council as best he could, while Ignatius fled to Sheogh. Arianna was with Gazal before she turned. Akane was turned into a Void agent (the VR version) after Gazal became the Herald. It might be confusing because the version seen in Forgotten Wars is Akane, before she gets corrupted.

Bazaltovy
11-26-2013, 02:02 PM
@svilleneuve: And the amount of Void sent to corrupt Ignatius struck Phrias instead, right? In that case, will we ever learn the story of Phrias before corruption?

svilleneuve
11-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Phrias is Ignatius' master, and when he opened a gate to Sheogh, Void seeped through and corrupted Phrias, leaving Ignatius unharmed.

We're trying to figure out how to share the sotry we have, and what we'll share. Most of it is written, but not formatted in an interesting way.

AlbelV
11-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Phrias is Ignatius' master, and when he opened a gate to Sheogh, Void seeped through and corrupted Phrias, leaving Ignatius unharmed.

We're trying to figure out how to share the sotry we have, and what we'll share. Most of it is written, but not formatted in an interesting way.

yea a wiki story website for MMDoC would be good, with chapters to represent the different expansions and sub-chapters for the different stages within the time span of an expansion would be great.

I am personally very interested in the lore (:

so far all I can make out is that Academy (Council of Nine) is at war with the Void who currently owns the Towers? And somehow Hakeem betrayed the Academy but is still trying to help them with the war or something like that? Correct me if I am wrong in my assumptions

Crimson84
11-29-2013, 09:29 PM
In the story prior to Forgotten Wars, Hakeem was allied with Gazal and had his Tower. Ignatius was also part of the group. But when she turned into the Herald of the Void, they turned on her. Hakeem tried to help the council as best he could, while Ignatius fled to Sheogh. Arianna was with Gazal before she turned. Akane was turned into a Void agent (the VR version) after Gazal became the Herald. It might be confusing because the version seen in Forgotten Wars is Akane, before she gets corrupted.
very very interesting! Where can we find this story? I'm still also waiting to know about the story of Kieran and the various angels....

Bazaltovy
11-30-2013, 01:04 PM

A book? ;)