PDA

View Full Version : Save Game Workaround??

ifosso
11-25-2013, 03:46 AM
Has anyone figure out any workarounds for the save game bug? I keep losing hours of gameplay. I've tried fast traveling right before I quit. I've been watching the folder where the saved games are stored and see that the saved game and meta data file are not being updated.

Can't believe Ubi hasn't address this anywhere.... at least that I've been able to find.

Any help would be appreciated. I want to keep playing but not if I keep losing progress.

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 04:20 AM
Did you contact Support?

bukowski113
11-25-2013, 04:32 AM
Please make sure you create a Ticket with Support. Any and all information you can provide helps to solve the issue.
Ubisoft Support Website (http://support.ubi.com/)

ifosso
11-25-2013, 05:14 AM
Yes, I did. No response.

There are dozens of people on this forum and steam as well that have the issue.

negroiso
11-26-2013, 04:08 AM
Yes, I did. No response.

There are dozens of people on this forum and steam as well that have the issue.

Dang Bro-seph,

I sent in a long *** support message to them. I lost like 40+ hours.

I've replayed the first missions of the game like 4 times, searched those crappy Islands like 3 times. I just got done upgrading my Homestead last time before it crashed. I disabled cloud sync, I've waited until the start of a new mission, the end of a mission or when inside a tavern.

When I'm on the ship I will exit out of the game and go to the animus headquarters, then exit to main menu, and it shows my current progress, then i exit to desktop, boot up the game, and the friggen thing goes back to day one and tells me all the cool **** I've unlocked and then has the first save game ever! I removed the game, deleted all hidden directories of the game, re installed uplay crap.

What's worse is that it says I have no achievements yet the social stream says I've completed a ****-ton. Steam says I've only played 2 hours of the game, yet I've made it from 0-20% completion 3 times now.

I've given up hope and now I'm looking for a Saved Game around the time of my current status, lasttime I looked though with Far Cry 3, saved games were tied to the UPlay profile ID or something and you couldn't download other people's saved games.

ifosso
11-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Yep, this game has been out for over a week and you still can't play for over an hour without it starting to lose your saves. Still no response to my ticket. No updates saying they know the issues exists and they're working on it. I wish they'd at least communicate.

Mr_Shade
11-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi Guys,

The team are aware and investigating the cause - as soon as we have any news, be it an official work around or details of an update - it will be posted!

Tsingtao63
11-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Having the same problem. Tried disabling Uplay cloud, but that does not work, disabled it during yesterdays session (about 4 hours +), came home from work tonight,
fired up the game, and i`m back at the beginning of yeterdays session more or less, lost about 11,000R i had 18,000R now i have 7,000. Also lost upgrades to health and holsters
i made..... loads of stuff i collected around Havana, now back at the beginning of "Mr.Walpole" mission which i`d done. what on earth is going on????
just not good enough, it really isn`t.

Tsing

Bill1940
12-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi Guys,

The team are aware and investigating the cause - as soon as we have any news, be it an official work around or details of an update - it will be posted!

Mr Shade: thanks for the notice. Today is Dec 17, 2013. Has any progress been made on identifying and fixing the problem?

Thanks

Bill1940

vladimir762
12-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Of course not not, they don't give a **** as long as the game is making money. I've restarted the game 7 times now because of this bug, this will be the last Ubisoft game I buy. They can't get **** straight.

Vineland
12-18-2013, 02:56 AM
I'm curious too. I've only had the game a couple of weeks. Was this a one time problem or is it ongoing? Does it affect every one or just some? I have not experienced the problem yet but I'm still pretty much at the beginning. I still have not finished AC III so I have stopped playing IV for now until I feel certain that I wont be replaying chunks of the game.

Kaldire
12-18-2013, 04:55 AM
all saves are lost mate

pm me for details as ive posted in other threads, trying to get us compensation for this game back and my lawyer has reviewed the case and thinks we can win if we pool together but no as a solo person.