PDA

View Full Version : Achilles Davenport ac4 (spoilers?)

RoBg03
11-25-2013, 12:02 AM
Did anyone else hope to see Achilles (conners mentor) as a kid or youth in ac4? (or did i miss some easter egg?) i think he was old enough to have had a run in with edward somehow, maybe not a part of the story, but just a nod to the fans of the series. maybe an errand boy in a mission or something. I don't think he would have had to know of him being a kenway, and thus later know more of conners lineage. also would have liked to see the aquila in some fashion...not sure of its age though, but it was an older, well worn ship by the time conner re-vamped it.

Billiam301
11-25-2013, 12:39 AM
maybe in the DLC?

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 12:52 AM
maybe in the DLC?

Well, the DLC will be around 10 years before Achilles became a member of the Assassins, and he would be relatively young. So not unlikely. :)

RoBg03
11-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Well, the DLC will be around 10 years before Achilles became a member of the Assassins, and he would be relatively young. So not unlikely. :)

maybe he's ade's illigetimate son...or lil brother....hope to see him whatever the case

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 01:05 AM
Wait, I mixed up some numbers.

He was actually recruited in the 30s, which is when the the DLC will be, I believe?

And because of the age/locations, he can't be his son :P And brother would be odd, because of where they are from..

guardian_titan
11-25-2013, 01:16 AM
As far as we know, Achilles was born around 1710. There's a chance Achilles could be in Adéwalé's DLC since someone got him into the assassins (which was in the 1730s which fits into the time frame of Adéwalé's DLC [~1737]), and Achilles was likely born in the Caribbean. But I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. It's just as likely Achilles won't be anywhere and be a missed opportunity by Ubisoft.

Achilles could've just as easily been in AC4 and saved by Edward explaining why Achilles doesn't mind Connor but takes issue with Haytham, ignoring Achilles knowing Ziio. He'd then know the family in general was good and could've felt he owed Edward a favor for saving him as a child, but it was a missed opportunity. Could've been something cute to tie the game back to AC3 besides the ending. Having Adéwalé save Achilles doesn't really have the same feeling for me as Edward saving him.

We really have no idea how old Achilles was when he arrived in Massachusetts. Possible by 1737, he was already in the north and possibly an Assassin so him meeting Adéwalé wouldn't happen in that case. He'd be 27 at the time. Granted, other things have been retconned in AC4 so wouldn't be too surprised if they retconned something else in the DLC. Achilles knew de la Tours so if anything, I very much doubt Achilles knew Adéwalé and it was de la Tours that saved him, got him into the Order, etc.

I just wouldn't look too much into it until the DLC is out or at least closer to release. Everyone was buzzing about thinking an alternate Haytham would be in ToKW only to be disappointed when it was pretty clear by the end he was deader than a door nail. :(

RoBg03
11-25-2013, 01:25 AM
As far as we know, Achilles was born around 1710. There's a chance Achilles could be in Adéwalé's DLC since someone got him into the assassins (which was in the 1730s which fits into the time frame of Adéwalé's DLC [~1737]), and Achilles was likely born in the Caribbean. But I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. It's just as likely Achilles won't be anywhere and be a missed opportunity by Ubisoft.

Achilles could've just as easily been in AC4 and saved by Edward explaining why Achilles doesn't mind Connor but takes issue with Haytham, ignoring Achilles knowing Ziio. He'd then know the family in general was good and could've felt he owed Edward a favor for saving him as a child, but it was a missed opportunity. Could've been something cute to tie the game back to AC3 besides the ending. Having Adéwalé save Achilles doesn't really have the same feeling for me as Edward saving him.

We really have no idea how old Achilles was when he arrived in Massachusetts. Possible by 1737, he was already in the north and possibly an Assassin so him meeting Adéwalé wouldn't happen in that case. He'd be 27 at the time. Granted, other things have been retconned in AC4 so wouldn't be too surprised if they retconned something else in the DLC. Achilles knew de la Tours so if anything, I very much doubt Achilles knew Adéwalé and it was de la Tours that saved him, got him into the Order, etc.

I just wouldn't look too much into it until the DLC is out or at least closer to release. Everyone was buzzing about thinking an alternate Haytham would be in ToKW only to be disappointed when it was pretty clear by the end he was deader than a door nail. :(

yeah, i think its like you said....a missed opportunity. if so i think it strange, as ubi is pretty thorough with their stories/characters, so hopefully they left him out for a reason. would have been cool to somehow see achilles in his prime as a bad azz assassin somehow.

LoyalACFan
11-25-2013, 04:58 AM

He was recruited in the 1730s. Right around the time of Freedom Cry.

pacmanate
11-25-2013, 05:00 AM
maybe he's ade's illigetimate son...or lil brother....hope to see him whatever the case

just cause they're black

ace3001
11-25-2013, 06:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/axU0a10.jpg

I'm wondering whether Achilles has some connection to the Jonathan Davenport of Boston mentioned here. Maybe he grew up there as a slave, got freed for some reason and took up his owner's name? (Some slaves apparently did take their owners' names even after being freed by law. Stockholm syndrome, maybe?) Of course, this is all just my wild speculation.

BATISTABUS
11-25-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm wondering whether Achilles has some connection to the Jonathan Davenport of Boston mentioned here. Maybe he grew up there as a slave, got freed for some reason and took up his owner's name? (Some slaves apparently did take their owners' names even after being freed by law. Stockholm syndrome, maybe?) Of course, this is all just my wild speculation.
Oooh.

Yeah, I'm really holding out for something about him in Freedom Cry.

DetroitPlaya
11-25-2013, 02:14 PM
He was recruited in the 1730s. Right around the time of Freedom Cry.

Wait, I mixed up some numbers.

He was actually recruited in the 30s, which is when the the DLC will be, I believe?

And because of the age/locations, he can't be his son :P And brother would be odd, because of where they are from..

;)

Wolfmeister1010
11-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I suggested the idea of Achilles being in Freedom Cry, with Ade being the one to induct him into the order, to Darby (i know he didnt write Freedom Cry) but he basically told me to screw off and howl at the moon. :p

Rude.

SenseHomunculus
11-25-2013, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/axU0a10.jpg

Hey, good catch!! And it wasn't Stockholm syndrome, it was the fact that that was their only identity as seen by the outside world. So yes, many slaves took (or more accurately, were given) their plantation owner's surname. That's why so many African-American families have what are traditionally Scotch-Irish-Anglo surnames, because most American plantation owners were of that descent.

ace3001
11-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey, good catch!! And it wasn't Stockholm syndrome, it was the fact that that was their only identity as seen by the outside world. So yes, many slaves took (or more accurately, were given) their plantation owner's surname. That's why so many African-American families have what are traditionally Scotch-Irish-Anglo surnames, because most American plantation owners were of that descent.
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-myth-of-the-master-s-name
^ This seems to debunk that, though. Apparently, the freed slaves were given the choice to pick whichever name they wanted. But it does acknowledge that some did choose their owner's name.

LoyalACFan
11-25-2013, 03:56 PM
;)

Whoops :p Missed the second one.

LoyalACFan
11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
I suggested the idea of Achilles being in Freedom Cry, with Ade being the one to induct him into the order, to Darby (i know he didnt write Freedom Cry) but he basically told me to screw off and howl at the moon. :p

Rude.

Well, I kind of understand why the writers don't want to talk about specific plot points like that though. Especially if you happen to guess what actually happens. Sort of steals a bit of their thunder.

ravenshield56
12-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Hey guys, im new to the forum so please bare with me if this point has already been raised.

Upon finding number 10 of the "letters in a bottle" made by the druid, it says " reaching Jamaica i pushwd all idle thoughts and fantasies from my mind and set out about finding myself employment. A letter of endorsement from my mentor, mr Davenport, hastened my success"...etc

What do you guys think?

RoBg03
12-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Hey guys, im new to the forum so please bare with me if this point has already been raised.

Upon finding number 10 of the "letters in a bottle" made by the druid, it says " reaching Jamaica i pushwd all idle thoughts and fantasies from my mind and set out about finding myself employment. A letter of endorsement from my mentor, mr Davenport, hastened my success"...etc

What do you guys think?

somebody posted a pic of letter 6 which mentions the davenports as well.