PDA

View Full Version : Two man o wars captain....

tymaster50
11-24-2013, 10:29 PM
my reaction: holy crap

what was yours?

this is the legendary ship battle in the upper right corner

LemsterG
11-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Mine: And Ill Sink Both Ya Bast'ds!

(was my last ledge ship to defeat)

tymaster50
11-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Mine: And Ill Sink Both Ya Bast'ds!

(was my last ledge ship to defeat)

It was my first legendary ship battle, but the 2nd one I faced if that makes sense. The La Dama Negra in the lower left corner got destroyed by a sea tornado lol. Free 20K for me though.
Needless to say I didn't last too long. But now I'm back with a vengeance. I've been taking on man o wars for like the past 2 days lol

RoBg03
11-24-2013, 10:55 PM
i'm kinda stuck on these two. seems like no matter what i do that second ship always manages to ram me and kill me. the last time i tried, it had no life left, i didn't see a bit of life on the bar...and i was pounding it with morters and fire barrels as it bared down on me, but it kept coming and crushed me. i got frustrated with it and havn't bothered since. maybe again soon, but i'm still annoyed with it.:p :mad:

tymaster50
11-24-2013, 11:27 PM
So ****ing close, **** **** damn. Fire barrels take forever to reload, it was on its last sliver of ****ing health, ********.

aL_____eX
11-24-2013, 11:31 PM
I think these two were the most easy ones. But I cried when facing El Impoluto with its monstrous ram and light speed. Took my about 8 attempts until it finally sunk.

DEVIL OF THE CARIBBEAN!

RoBg03
11-24-2013, 11:51 PM
I think these two were the most easy ones. But I cried when facing El Impoluto with its monstrous ram and light speed. Took my about 8 attempts until it finally sunk.

DEVIL OF THE CARIBBEAN!

which one was that? i beat the top north west one first...on about my 3rd, 4th try, i got right behind it and kept hitting it with chain shot and using mortars...i actually think i may have got lucky on that one because it kinda just stalled in the water for a while. next i beat the south west ship. that one seems to like the mortars, so if you can manage to avoid those, while shooting true with your own, you can wear it down to the point where a good ram and some broadsides with heavy shot do the trick. that one in the south east was the easiest one for me...i was almost fully elite on my jackdaw, and we just circled each other pounding away with heavy shot. with only one ship to brace against it wasn't too hard, and i beat it first try. the double ships though it just seems like you need to really keep a close eye on both because they like to cross each other and get on either side of you and unload.

LemsterG
11-24-2013, 11:56 PM
When taking these monsters on i alternated giving them damage so when the first ship is destoryed and the second one enters its beserk mode then its easy pickings for you!

hope that helps any struggling for the DOTC achievement =]

itsamea-mario
11-24-2013, 11:58 PM
I took them on after i'd fully upgraded all my weapons and armour(bar the fire barrels) and i found them quite easy, managed to get them to shoot eachother a few times.

D.I.D.
11-25-2013, 12:01 AM
i'm kinda stuck on these two. seems like no matter what i do that second ship always manages to ram me and kill me. the last time i tried, it had no life left, i didn't see a bit of life on the bar...and i was pounding it with morters and fire barrels as it bared down on me, but it kept coming and crushed me. i got frustrated with it and havn't bothered since. maybe again soon, but i'm still annoyed with it.:p :mad:

Something I realised quickly is that if you bring the ship to a stop and mortar either one, you can spin around and then sail away at speed and they'll chase you. You can then mortar them, with the advantage of easily aiming right in front of them, while their shots tend to miss.

However, I ran out of mortars on my first attempt so I had to leave! I think this is a good way to get them though. As long as you concentrate on one at a time, it should be possible to use the first ship to repair the Jackdaw and go on to the second.

tymaster50
11-25-2013, 12:14 AM
Something I realised quickly is that if you bring the ship to a stop and mortar either one, you can spin around and then sail away at speed and they'll chase you. You can then mortar them, with the advantage of easily aiming right in front of them, while their shots tend to miss.

However, I ran out of mortars on my first attempt so I had to leave! I think this is a good way to get them though. As long as you concentrate on one at a time, it should be possible to use the first ship to repair the Jackdaw and go on to the second.

you can't board them and the second ship gets a turbo if you take down the first one, apparently the turbo is enough to stop fully upgraded cannons on low health and brute force its way through multiple fire barrels. Basically just focus attacks on one til it gets to half health then go for the other one, trying to concentrate on both will just get you killed. and when they are on both sides of you just stop your ship completely so they overshoot you, they fall for it everytime and it is an easy way to get behind them.

aL_____eX
11-25-2013, 12:16 AM
which one was that? i beat the top north west one first...on about my 3rd, 4th try, i got right behind it and kept hitting it with chain shot and using mortars...i actually think i may have got lucky on that one because it kinda just stalled in the water for a while. next i beat the south west ship. that one seems to like the mortars, so if you can manage to avoid those, while shooting true with your own, you can wear it down to the point where a good ram and some broadsides with heavy shot do the trick. that one in the south east was the easiest one for me...i was almost fully elite on my jackdaw, and we just circled each other pounding away with heavy shot. with only one ship to brace against it wasn't too hard, and i beat it first try. the double ships though it just seems like you need to really keep a close eye on both because they like to cross each other and get on either side of you and unload.
El impoluto is the north west one. Yeah, I didn't manage to get behind it most of the time, because sometimes it just seemed to have NOS on board (reminded my of Need for Speed). But then one time it suddenly stopped and I was able destroy it with chain shots, mortar and chase canon.

My way to sink the two man o' wars was to get right between them and switch firing from left to right and back again. I tried to take out one as fast as possible and then the second one should be easy. They are only strong as long as they both go for you.

D.I.D.
11-25-2013, 12:31 AM
you can't board them and the second ship gets a turbo if you take down the first one, apparently the turbo is enough to stop fully upgraded cannons on low health and brute force its way through multiple fire barrels. Basically just focus attacks on one til it gets to half health then go for the other one, trying to concentrate on both will just get you killed. and when they are on both sides of you just stop your ship completely so they overshoot you, they fall for it everytime and it is an easy way to get behind them.

Ah, okay! Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time.

It must have been a terrible feeling, the first time you discovered that they can't be boarded :D