PDA

View Full Version : Leveller bug in RS2014 (hangar 18 style)

sh1kamaru-
11-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Hello,

It seems the leveller suffers from a slightly annoying bug. On some sections that spans multiple blocks, it may not level you up fully, even though it says level up at the end of the section.

Iíve seen that on Walk This Way and now Thunder Kiss. I think you need a section where the first block is smaller than the other. Basically what just happened to me is that I levelled the 4th double stop section in Thunder Kiss up to 96% but even though it said level up it didnít raise the mastery past 96%. I assume this is the last step before 100%. In Walk This Way it was also stuck at 96% somehow.

I think there are two workarounds for this issue:
- level the section during standard play
- raise the section manually

It looks a bit like the RS1 bug with Hangar 18 where in some cases you couldnít get purple even though all sections were maxed, but at least this time you have a workaround.

Anyone got that too ?

BazzTard61
11-25-2013, 03:36 AM
nup nobody else has had any problem with levelling up in LAS, must be just you

PS ever thought of reading through the forum before posting?

SeattleSauve
11-25-2013, 03:39 AM

I'm pretty confident you haven't surveyed everyone else.

I've been on a few discussions with folks who had issues with LAS leveling on the consoles, but not on PC, so I think there's a chance there's a console specific issue here Sh1k. Since I'm on PC I can't reproduce the issue, but I remember the hangar issue, and that's frustrating. At least in this case you can manually set the difficulty.

sh1kamaru-
11-25-2013, 09:19 AM

PS ever thought of reading through the forum before posting?

I’m not sure you’re being sarcastic or not. Note that I did a search and didn’t found that issue. It has nothing to do with mastery resetting itself for instance.

Also, I forgot to add that fault tolerance was set to low.

randomas
11-25-2013, 12:05 PM
Yes I can confirm on PS3. I had a double section with different difficulties and when I messed up on the harder bit it delevelled and wouldn't go back up. I can't remember how I solved it, but the issue does exist.

sh1kamaru-
12-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Actually, it’s not a bug, it’s a feature.

In riff repeater, you may not work on some sections individually. But these sections will still level independently. The bug is that it will tell you level up, but actually if you miss for instance 2 notes on the whole zone, but you miss these 2 notes in the same sections, overall it will tell you you played the zone well enough to level up. But that one section will not level up and since the other section is already fully levelled, none will.

I would be glad if someone could edit the title of this topic by adding [RESOLVED][NOTABUG], or anything similar you think will be useful.