11-24-2013, 03:38 PM
I found this out, hope you guys enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeCJrLdoFQY

Kfcrsh
11-25-2013, 02:49 AM
Nice method

MnemonicSyntax
11-25-2013, 04:24 AM
Oh this is good, but I prefer just going right beside the ship I want to board, passing it a little, then letting go of the wheel and swinging over to the target ship.

And I hate how you have to actually attack the ship to capture it, even if there are no enemy crew left. You'd think you'd want to take a ship in pristine condition for a fleet or
something if at all possible.

On bigger ships like Man O' Wars, you also have to remove the flag, so you have to go BACK to the ship and take it down. because the event won't trigger until the ship is able to be boarded.

SenseHomunculus
11-25-2013, 11:41 PM
Awww, who wants EASY??? I want LOTS of kills! When you board normally there are about twice as many crewmen to fight which is where all the fun is!! :p

MnemonicSyntax
11-26-2013, 01:36 AM
Awww, who wants EASY??? I want LOTS of kills! When you board normally there are about twice as many crewmen to fight which is where all the fun is!! :p

But only the minimum amount required to be killed. On a Man O' War, I've fought 40 enemies all alone.

SenseHomunculus
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
But only the minimum amount required to be killed. On a Man O' War, I've fought 40 enemies all alone.

No, on the brigs (or is it frigates?) and higher, there are always additional requirements of some sort over and above just killing X-number of crewmen, like kill the captain, officers or scouts, grab the flag, blow the powder stores, etc. I always save the extra requirements for last AFTER first killing all the crewmen. So I get my max kills.

When you board a ship to capture, the enemy ship spawns more crewmen as you kill them off. Does it do that when you board first before attacking with the Jackdaw as shown above?

JamieCross
11-28-2013, 05:44 PM
No, on the brigs (or is it frigates?) and higher, there are always additional requirements of some sort over and above just killing X-number of crewmen, like kill the captain, officers or scouts, grab the flag, blow the powder stores, etc. I always save the extra requirements for last AFTER first killing all the crewmen. So I get my max kills.

When you board a ship to capture, the enemy ship spawns more crewmen as you kill them off. Does it do that when you board first before attacking with the Jackdaw as shown above?
Not at all, even with a Man of war, you may however need to destroy powder stores or cut the flag even when there are no enemy crew.

Vogue_77
11-28-2013, 08:39 PM
I found this out, hope you guys enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeCJrLdoFQY

What puzzles me is how are you killing everyone with 1 strike pretty much (non-assassination attacks). Even with a 5 damage pair of swords I need to land several hits (after a first successful attack or after parry counter attack) to kill enemies. Does it have something to do with the area level you're in? (ie: Easy - northern part of the map, lower hp on enemies, southern part - Hard - more HP?). I have all swords except the toledo / pistol swords / unique rewards (from dlc islands)as I bought the wallpapers and MP rewards 1st.

Seriously with my favorite weapon (officer rapier or french rapiers I think?) with high attack speed, combo and 4 damage, it takes me like 4-6 hits to kill most enemies (unninterupted combo or most of the counter attacks).

JamieCross
11-29-2013, 12:33 PM
What puzzles me is how are you killing everyone with 1 strike pretty much (non-assassination attacks). Even with a 5 damage pair of swords I need to land several hits (after a first successful attack or after parry counter attack) to kill enemies. Does it have something to do with the area level you're in? (ie: Easy - northern part of the map, lower hp on enemies, southern part - Hard - more HP?). I have all swords except the toledo / pistol swords / unique rewards (from dlc islands)as I bought the wallpapers and MP rewards 1st.

Seriously with my favorite weapon (officer rapier or french rapiers I think?) with high attack speed, combo and 4 damage, it takes me like 4-6 hits to kill most enemies (unninterupted combo or most of the counter attacks).

I'm surprised you dont know this trick since its easy to do xD, Pretty much as soon as you kill someone, attack someone else and you kill them instantly.

Vogue_77
11-29-2013, 05:39 PM
I just discovered that myself, and am a bit disappointed as it makes weapon choices irrelevant - pretty much you use what looks most fancy to you, as the outcome will be always the same with right timing and positioning :)

MnemonicSyntax
11-29-2013, 08:59 PM

When you board a ship, it spawns them, but once you get your kill requirements, they stop. If you board a ship, they'll spawn until that number "runs out" which for a Man O War can be quite a bit.

Vogue_77
11-29-2013, 11:38 PM
Thanks god this doesn't work with Legendary Ships - I tried to swim from 700 range to a pair, got to the point of climbing on the hull without anything happening, then instant desync with the sound of mortars firing xD

JamieCross
11-30-2013, 12:53 AM
When you board a ship, it spawns them, but once you get your kill requirements, they stop. If you board a ship, they'll spawn until that number "runs out" which for a Man O War can be quite a bit.

No, once you kill everyone on deck on a Man o war when you do this trick thats all, you still need to do the minor objectives such as blow the power stores or cut the flag, you already kill everyone and the scouts and the officers and no more crewmen spawn.

MnemonicSyntax
11-30-2013, 02:23 AM
No, once you kill everyone on deck on a Man o war when you do this trick thats all, you still need to do the minor objectives such as blow the power stores or cut the flag, you already kill everyone and the scouts and the officers and no more crewmen spawn.

I realize that. The argument was that you can kill more people by incapacitating the ship and then boarding it. That's not true, you get more kills by sneaking aboard it and killing everyone on board because the number Is higher.

K0rN b4LL
11-30-2013, 04:45 AM
Was gonna ask if this worked on the Legendary ships but I just saw Vogue's post, shame. Still pretty good find.

JamieCross
11-30-2013, 04:10 PM
I realize that. The argument was that you can kill more people by incapacitating the ship and then boarding it. That's not true, you get more kills by sneaking aboard it and killing everyone on board because the number Is higher.

Oh I see xD, Yeah its so much funner boarding it yourself and slicing everyone up, just not as a cool scene as all your crew boarding it.

K0rN b4LL
12-05-2013, 01:56 AM
I'd rather not have my crew there when I'm fighting, they tend to get in the way and sometimes block my attacks when I'm going after a certain enemy.

JamieCross
12-06-2013, 01:23 AM
I'd rather not have my crew there when I'm fighting, they tend to get in the way and sometimes block my attacks when I'm going after a certain enemy.
CBA to get more crew after loosing some too