PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 4 FPS Performance compared to other graphically demanding games.

MasterZone
11-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Here is how I perform in other games compared to AC4. They are all at max setting.
And yes, most of these games have just as much and if not MORE particles and graphical features. If anyone try's to tell me that AC4 is more advanced than Crysis 3, then I will LOL and ROLF in their face!

I have
-EVGA GTX 770 SC
-intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz (overclocked to 4.0GHz)
-16GB 1866mhz RAM
- MB = ASROCK Z87 PRO4
-Win 8.1 64bit

Look at the yellow number in the top right.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3284/2vid.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/2vid.jpg/)

Batman: Arkam City.
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7934/pxt4.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/30/pxt4.png/)

Battlefield 4 Campaign
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8844/l9ey.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/l9ey.png/)

BioShock Infinite
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2568/uj0v.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/32/uj0v.png/)

Crysis 3
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/2795/okh7.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/okh7.png/)

The Witcher 2
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/9339/u8sy.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/u8sy.png/)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/219/3zvg.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/3zvg.png/)

MasterZone
11-24-2013, 09:09 AM
No one wants to comment about this?

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Why? You've posted this before. And others are off playing their game on the PC because they know how to use their computers.

MasterZone
11-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Why? You've posted this before. And others are off playing their game on the PC because they know how to use their computers.

So i have to turn on D3DOverrider every time I play AC4 because Ubisoft is to lazy to fix it themselves? Stuff that!

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 09:54 AM
So i have to turn on D3DOverrider every time I play AC4 because Ubisoft is to lazy to fix it themselves? Stuff that!

Because setting D3DOverrider to start when Windows starts up, and have it globally set to Force V-Sync and Triple Buffering... one time and one time only... isn't lazy at all.

Of course, ranting about it and insulting others instead of two clicks and then playing the game you want to.. nah I can see how clicking twice before you play AC4 is much more difficult then keeping up this tirade.

And besides, the game JUST came out. Who says Ubisoft is lazy? You're not helping matters by ranting here, send a message to support. Explain to them that it's an issue with V Sync and triple buffering. In the meantime, there's a work around.

MADagain321
11-24-2013, 10:54 AM
Because setting D3DOverrider to start when Windows starts up, and have it globally set to Force V-Sync and Triple Buffering... one time and one time only... isn't lazy at all.

Of course, ranting about it and insulting others instead of two clicks and then playing the game you want to.. nah I can see how clicking twice before you play AC4 is much more difficult then keeping up this tirade.

And besides, the game JUST came out. Who says Ubisoft is lazy? You're not helping matters by ranting here, send a message to support. Explain to them that it's an issue with V Sync and triple buffering. In the meantime, there's a work around.

Ok heres a bit of fanboy news for you "MnemonicSyntax".....

Assassins Creed for PC has been performing utter horrible since AC1 so for Ubisoft to come out and say they do not care about PC optimization because "We pc gamers buy new hardware to counter act that".. is a complete and utter disgrace to the gaming community and if you are to blind to see that Ubisoft is at fault here time and time again then you sir are arrogant.

PC gaming should in theory have the same mentality as console gaming.. put it in and play (but thats not the case here)

Issues like not being able to sync frames properly to the point were the game has no idea what fps to show because it has butchered code is again disgraceful..

Now sure im no dev but really these guys had like an extra month to iron this stuff out before shipping the least of their issues were concerned with the PC port... spending less time on consoles or as any smart business team would do is to allocate more members to a team to equal out the work load on the team... so if they needed more workers at LEAST TAKE IT THROUGH QA FFS

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 11:07 AM
Ok heres a bit of fanboy news for you "MnemonicSyntax".....

Assassins Creed for PC has been performing utter horrible since AC1 so for Ubisoft to come out and say they do not care about PC optimization because "We pc gamers buy new hardware to counter act that".. is a complete and utter disgrace to the gaming community and if you are to blind to see that Ubisoft is at fault here time and time again then you sir are arrogant.

PC gaming should in theory have the same mentality as console gaming.. put it in and play (but thats not the case here)

Issues like not being able to sync frames properly to the point were the game has no idea what fps to show because it has butchered code is again disgraceful..

Now sure im no dev but really these guys had like an extra month to iron this stuff out before shipping the least of their issues were concerned with the PC port... spending less time on consoles or as any smart business team would do is to allocate more members to a team to equal out the work load on the team... so if they needed more workers at LEAST TAKE IT THROUGH QA FFS

Ubisoft may be at fault for you, but I've never had a single issue with any Assassin's Creed game on my computer. The only issue I had with 4 was that I found the previous drivers for Nvidia to work better than the current ones. Other than that I have everything maxed (except low godrays, it keeps defaulting back to that) and I have no issues whatsoever.

As you said, you're no dev. Your flaw is that consoles and PCs are two different beasts. You have a console, which is one set standard of particular parts and is designed for gaming only, and you have a PC that has different operating systems, different hardware, software, and is multi-purpose and is also capable of catching whatever malicious software it can. While I'm sure QA was done, there are many factors that can cause people issues.

Unfortunately, with programming, there's no real way to test issues without actually running the program. Most of the issues are ironed out, but every now and then there's some that are just... bad. Instead of ranting and raving on a forum, contact Ubi Support. That's what they're there for. If they can't resolve the issue, then it needs to be known so it can be put in a patch.

I have no sympathy for people who come on here (or other forums) and whine and complain and insult others that are trying to help them. If you have a problem and post your specs, then perhaps we can figure something out, like the D3DOverrider and Triple Buffering.

If you can't be a mature person and ask for help nicely and put our brains together, and would rather rant and rave, then good luck with your issue.

And while I love Assassin's Creed, I'd rather be a fanboy then a hater because they can't manage to communicate themselves in a manner that's not insulting or condescending. If you do that, expect it return.

But I'm sure you'll read this post and realize it's not arrogance or fanboyish in nature, just common sense. If you don't find it to be common sense, well... I'm sorry mate.

Boemundus
11-24-2013, 11:46 AM
I agree with the Thread Opener that games like Crysis 3 and BF4 are theoretically much more demanding in terms of performance. They both have next-gen engines and a lot of graphic features (like lighing system, textures, tessellation, the dynamic weather, etc.) which are far superior to the ones shown by Anvil engine (AC3, AC4) which is obviously an "old" gen engine. Just look and the facial animations in BF4 compared to AC4 and you can see the enormous difference. Everything in BF4 is smoother, clearer, more photorealistic.

The fact that an old gen engine can't run well like Frostbite etc, is undoubtedly a big mistake that Ubisoft should have avoided. AC4 should run smooth above 50fps on mid-high machines. AC4 is badly optimized. However I find that runs smoother than AC3, and has overall better visuals.

I dont' know if it's a PC related problem, but I played also on PS4 and I can confirm that on that platform the visuals aren't as good as on PC, and it runs locked at 30fps. AC4 is badly optimized on PC but it doesn't perform any better on consoles. It's just an old-gen title made for PS3 and Xbox360, which doesn't take advantage of new technologies.

astaroth990
11-24-2013, 03:17 PM
man im running on win7 x64 8g ddr1333 evga ultra classified gtx 560 ti 448 core (lol, ikr) and an I5 2500k unlocked at 3.3 ghz (no OC at the moment on cpu or gpu) and i play it at 60 fps no problem with aa turned down or off i believe and god rays on low, everything else medium to high and its always smooth. i dont have to use the .exe that forces triple buffering or vsync etc.. if you guys want later today i could post screens of all the proof just so said info is proven correct. only damn problem i have is with getting into mp. black screen... i thought this game was called black flag :p

Theybannedme
11-24-2013, 03:25 PM
man im running on win7 x64 8g ddr1333 evga ultra classified gtx 560 ti 448 core (lol, ikr) and an I5 2500k unlocked at 3.3 ghz (no OC at the moment on cpu or gpu) and i play it at 60 fps no problem with aa turned down or off i believe and god rays on low, everything else medium to high and its always smooth. i dont have to use the .exe that forces triple buffering or vsync etc.. if you guys want later today i could post screens of all the proof just so said info is proven correct. only damn problem i have is with getting into mp. black screen... i thought this game was called black flag :p

This, I really don't get. Why is AC 4 running like this ? MasterZone has a better rig than yours but he only gets 35 FPS while you get solid 60.
Do you monitor your stats ?
Does FPS dip from time to time ?
How many percent is the GPU usage ?

luciusnetheril
11-24-2013, 04:31 PM
This, I really don't get. Why is AC 4 running like this ? MasterZone has a better rig than yours but he only gets 35 FPS while you get solid 60.
Do you monitor your stats ?
Does FPS dip from time to time ?
How many percent is the GPU usage ?

Probably because 560 has a higher bandwidth than most 700/600s cards and isn't tied to GPU Boost 2.0, which all 700s have. Because at singly 670 I get anywhere between 40 and 60 with max settings(high god rays included).

Than again, I'm no expert, so who knows. For all I know, it could also be because of Win8, or a combination of both.

No one wants to comment about this?

No, they prefer to live in Fanboy Lala Land.

MADagain321
11-24-2013, 05:40 PM
You have a console, which is one set standard of particular parts and is designed for gaming only, and you have a PC that has different operating systems, different hardware, software, and is multi-purpose and is also capable of catching whatever malicious software it can. While I'm sure QA was done, there are many factors that can cause people issues.

Unfortunately, with programming, there's no real way to test issues without actually running the program. Most of the issues are ironed out, but every now and then there's some that are just... bad. Instead of ranting and raving on a forum, contact Ubi Support. That's what they're there for. If they can't resolve the issue, then it needs to be known so it can be put in a patch.

I have no sympathy for people who come on here (or other forums) and whine and complain and insult others that are trying to help them. If you have a problem and post your specs, then perhaps we can figure something out, like the D3DOverrider and Triple Buffering.

If you can't be a mature person and ask for help nicely and put our brains together, and would rather rant and rave, then good luck with your issue.

And while I love Assassin's Creed, I'd rather be a fanboy then a hater because they can't manage to communicate themselves in a manner that's not insulting or condescending. If you do that, expect it return.

But I'm sure you'll read this post and realize it's not arrogance or fanboyish in nature, just common sense. If you don't find it to be common sense, well... I'm sorry mate.
Wow ok ok ok, you think I am a console gamer HAHAHAHAHAHA please I dont even own a console, your argument is invalid. For QA it seems as though they test with the best hardware and dont even report bugs to the devs these days hell look at Ghost Recon Future Soldier and how horrible that was, Ubisoft even lied in the patch notes.... TWICE about fixing the dx11 and low res texture issues.. it wasnt fixed once and still isnt.

If you think MOST of the issues are ironed out you are just delusional im sorry to say, horrible textures, bad foliage, broken shadows on foliage, broken vsync, ugly overall game quality even set to very high environment detail and high quality textures... the list goes on if that sounds like most of the issues ironed out then holy hell lol

"I have no sympathy for people who come on here (or other forums) and whine and complain and insult others that are trying to help them. If you have a problem and post your specs, then perhaps we can figure something out, like the D3DOverrider and Triple Buffering."

The fact you need to repeat this statement proves you are as stupid as you sound, for one WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO FIND OUR OWN WORK AROUND and two vsync should just work correctly why is it up to me or the consumer to find this fix.... if we can fix it why cant they

Its kind of hard not to be insulting when you are either blind or stupid, common sense lol common sense is to what use D3Doverrider when i shouldnt have to, its common sense to receive a broken embarrassment of a port from a sp called well respected dev yet i cant complain because the rest of the franchise and other recent franchises have suffered the same broken pc port.. i have no right to complain... lol Ill complain or point out issues until the cows come home mate i am sick and tired of Ubisoft treating pc as a nintendo wii (U) console, meaning that they get cruddy ports as much as pc if they even see a port

oh yeah and heres my own thread that know one even bothered to look at in regards to mouse smoothing causing screen blur

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811335-Weird-Mouse-Smoothing-Causing-Screen-Blur-Broken-Vsync?p=9395413#post9395413

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Wow ok ok ok, you think I am a console gamer HAHAHAHAHAHA please I dont even own a console, your argument is invalid. For QA it seems as though they test with the best hardware and dont even report bugs to the devs these days hell look at Ghost Recon Future Soldier and how horrible that was, Ubisoft even lied in the patch notes.... TWICE about fixing the dx11 and low res texture issues.. it wasnt fixed once and still isnt.

If you think MOST of the issues are ironed out you are just delusional im sorry to say, horrible textures, bad foliage, broken shadows on foliage, broken vsync, ugly overall game quality even set to very high environment detail and high quality textures... the list goes on if that sounds like most of the issues ironed out then holy hell lol

"I have no sympathy for people who come on here (or other forums) and whine and complain and insult others that are trying to help them. If you have a problem and post your specs, then perhaps we can figure something out, like the D3DOverrider and Triple Buffering."

The fact you need to repeat this statement proves you are as stupid as you sound, for one WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO FIND OUR OWN WORK AROUND and two vsync should just work correctly why is it up to me or the consumer to find this fix.... if we can fix it why cant they

Its kind of hard not to be insulting when you are either blind or stupid, common sense lol common sense is to what use D3Doverrider when i shouldnt have to, its common sense to receive a broken embarrassment of a port from a sp called well respected dev yet i cant complain because the rest of the franchise and other recent franchises have suffered the same broken pc port.. i have no right to complain... lol Ill complain or point out issues until the cows come home mate i am sick and tired of Ubisoft treating pc as a nintendo wii (U) console, meaning that they get cruddy ports as much as pc if they even see a port

oh yeah and heres my own thread that know one even bothered to look at in regards to mouse smoothing causing screen blur

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/811335-Weird-Mouse-Smoothing-Causing-Screen-Blur-Broken-Vsync?p=9395413#post9395413

Please reread what I posted, show me where I said you were a console gamer or I think you're one, then go reread how you keep pointing out how stupid I am, and then realize that your inability to read correctly isn't even part of your basic skill set and realize how ashamed you should be.

I'm sorry you feel that you have problems with your games. I have not had them. Good day to you.

EDIT: Not sure what you mean by "bothered to look at" but the forums aren't really designed for support. That's what the Support section is for on the Ubisoft website.

Here it's more peer based, helping others where you can and if there's no solution, go to the Support website.

luciusnetheril
11-24-2013, 06:40 PM
I hought it was,"going here for help as a last ditch effort because Ubi support was it's usual useless self," kind of thing.

Besides, the comparison was placed there for all those jokers who kept shutting people up, all the while pretending to be in LaLa Land where everything was fine. The comparison was clear illustration than NOTHING was fine about AC4's optimization.

And while we're at it, there's clearly something wrong with people's heads if they accept AC4 in it's current state.

hAiwahn
11-24-2013, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhhXqgOsFbM

fail ubisoft

luciusnetheril
11-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Bwahaha! Nope! This game is perfect... LOL... Everything is fine with AC4, everything works as intended folks, keep moving... And by "working as intended," I mean Unisoft trolling PC, gamers, as usual.