PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, you LIED about the !

MasterZone
11-24-2013, 04:55 AM
http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/5135190/assassins-creed-4-developers-pledge-commitment-to-pc-optimization

Ubisoft, you promised that you would optimize the PC version of Assassin's Creed 4, you promised that you would optimize it better than you did with Assassin's Creed 3! But you did not, you LIED!!!

I have
-EVGA GTX 770 SC
-intel i5 4670k 3.4GHz (overclocked to 4.0GHz)
-16GB 1866mhz RAM
-Win 8.1 64bit

-I can run The Witcher 2 at 60+ FPS on max setting without ubersampling, and with max settings and unbersampling on I get 50-60 FPS!

-I can run Crysis 3 at 48-55 FPS on max setting (TXAA x2)!

-I can run Battlefield 4 at 60+ FPS at max settings (x4 MSAA)!

-I can run Batman: Arkam City and Origins at 60+ FPS on max detail!

But wait, what the heck is going on? I can run all those very high end games at 60FPS, games that use just as much and if not MORE graphical features than Assassin's Creed Black flag, yet with Assassin's Creed Black Flag I only get 35-45 FPS on max settings, and it even drops down to 25 FPS on heavy moments!

As I said, Ubisoft, you promised that you would optimize the PC version, and you just lied and gave us this mess instead!

ProletariatPleb
11-24-2013, 06:13 AM
Welcome to the club. We're all in the same boat here.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-24-2013, 06:54 AM
''We're all in the same boat here.'' Arggghhh !! :D

Yeah CPU still need some optimisation but it should not stop you to play atm...
Btw I d suggest you open crysis 3 and compare the foliage and particle work to ac4. also compare textures and shading work. Add rain that calculate every drops as a unique particle and AA+AO+ligthning/shadows on all these +the fact that your field of view is alot larger for the 3rd person, and you ll find that there is alot of stuff going on. Even if at first sight it dosnt look that impressive.

Only thing it really lack imho is the poly count... but ubi dont think poly count pass the grand mama test... anyway its already hard enough to run ;)