PDA

View Full Version : Game Running in Slow Motion - help!

mickey6688
11-24-2013, 03:35 AM
So, when I first installed the game everything would run fine except for the cutscenes. During cutscenes the audio would play ahead of the action. It wasn't worse and worse as the cutscene went on - each time the tracks would only play when people started speaking, it was simply that the audio went along a lot faster than their lips.

Weirdly enough, this problem simply disappeared as I got to the middle of the game. HOWEVER, today I went to play, and everything was running IN SLOW-MOTION!

It's really strange. The controls are responsive, so it isn't lag, but during cutscenes AND in regular gameplay everything moves in slowmo. This includes the menus.

I would really appreciate some help with this bizarre problem.

I am running an i7@2600k with a Radeon HD6970, 18Gb of RAM. I have everything set to high except anti-aliasing (FXAA), ambient occlusion (low), shadows (low) and god-rays (low). On these settings the game would run perfectly, only dropping frames in the thickest of foggy and smoky battles. V-sync is enabled.

I have tried a multitude of different settings, which made no difference. I have verified the integrity of my game cache. I have done a fresh re-install. Help!

abohamed2013
11-24-2013, 06:21 AM
turn off V-sync OR keep it but run D3DOverrider before you run the game ... because without it if you set V-sync on it will cap your FPS to 30

mickey6688
11-24-2013, 09:15 AM
turn off V-sync OR keep it but run D3DOverrider before you run the game ... because without it if you set V-sync on it will cap your FPS to 30

I'm not sure you understand. My FPS is fine. I'm not dropping frames. The game is moving in slow motion, like just before an air assassination where time slows. Except it's all the time.

I've tried with and without v-sync, I've run overrides through Catalyst, but nothing changes it.

mickey6688
11-24-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0fGThmZG9g - Although this is an AC3 clip, the problem is pretty much identical.