PDA

View Full Version : Can I run ACIV with...

mrtucan234
11-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello
I was thinking about getting Black Flag and wondered if my laptop will run it. P.S I don't care how it runs on whatever settings as long as it's not REALLY laggy (I'll be fine with a small amount of lag in certasin areas, cities etc)

here are my specs
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (HP)
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB (SATA) 34 C
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SU-208BB
Audio
IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

If i've missed out anything vital to telling whether my laptop can run ACIV please kindly let me know

P.S: I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT PEOPLE COMING HERE TO RANT ABOUT HOW CRAPPY MY GPU IS! I KNOW! IT'S NOT THE BEST!, AND I CAN'T GET A GRAPHICS CARD, BECAUSE IT'S A LAPTOP, so, if you're here to go hurr durr your gpu is bad then go somewhere else and do it, because I care little for it
(not to say anyone who has posted on this thread has done it)

razmat2012
11-23-2013, 09:38 PM
I been runnin it with an A10 6700 series AMD CPU 3.7 gHZ
8 gigs
onboard radeon HD 8760D
and really only get 17 to 20 fps in Havana with maybe a few more outside. it seemed more laggy until I lowered resolution to 1024 x 768. it is not high fps but does not seem so laggy. I have most things on low or off except FXAA and environment quality and texture quality on high. oddly when I change many of the settings in game (whether they be on high or low ) it doesn't change the FPS.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-23-2013, 09:52 PM
Hello
I was thinking about getting Black Flag and wondered if my laptop will run it. P.S I don't care how it runs on whatever settings as long as it's not REALLY laggy (I'll be fine with a small amount of lag in certasin areas, cities etc)

here are my specs
Operating System
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz
RAM

Graphics
Hard Drives
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SU-208BB
Audio

If i've missed out anything vital to telling whether my laptop can run ACIV please kindly let me know
I am sorry but no.... maybe you can get into a game but you wont have a good experience no matter what.

Your i7 is not very fast and Hyperthread is not supported and your GPU is far from being made to play game honestly :/

Milenchy
11-23-2013, 10:11 PM
If you are lucky you will be able to play it just fine. If you are the unlucky one, like the majority of people here you will have some serious issues with performance and you will have to wait for a patch/driver.
Personally I get 13 fps with low settings and 12 fps with very high settings.

mrtucan234
11-27-2013, 07:43 AM
well, i've had worse than 13 fps, anyway. I don't care if I can't play the game on very high, all I care about is it being playable. I think i'll just wait for the price to go down, or get it on console, so it isn't so much of a gamble.

mrtucan234
11-27-2013, 07:44 AM
oh and would upgrading my RAM help?

saschia_009
11-27-2013, 01:11 PM
You probably will... I have Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT and Windows 7 32-bit and it does run. Not smoothly, not without lag in cinematic sequences, but I am able to play SP quite well. I only have problems when boarding ships as I have slower counter responses, but I am still able to capture ships. My settings are of course on low, and I am looking forward to the moment I will be able to get my hands on better computer, but this is still better than not being able to play at all...

mrtucan234
11-30-2013, 03:03 AM
So, saschia_009, do u think I will get relatively the same performance with my system specs?
btw......How does it play in cities like Havana on your PC?

drakkar321
11-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Hello

here are my specs
Operating System
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz
RAM

Graphics
Hard Drives
Optical Drives
hp CDDVDW SU-208BB
Audio

Here are the minimum requirements taken from the Ubisoft website:

In order to run Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag properly, your PC MUST meet or exceed these minimum requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz
Memory: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870 (512MB VRAM with shader Model 4.0 or higher), DirectX 11
Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Windows-Compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)
Multiplayer: 256 Kbps or faster broadband connection

Supported video cards at the time of release:
nVidia GeForce GTX260 or better, GT400, GT500, GT600, GT700 series
AMD Radeon HD4870 or better, HD5000, HD6000, HD7000 series

Note: Latest GeForce drivers tested: 320.49 for all series Latest Radeon drivers tested: 13.1 for Radeon HD4000, 13.4 for Radeon HD5000 and above
Optional: nVidia TXAA functionality (part of nVIdia features package) is only available on 6xx series

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game.

Your laptop are under the requirements for the CPU and only Nvidia and AMD video cards seem to be supported. Even if you could get the game running, it would likely be at very low quality and you would more than likely have a lot of issues with it. In the end, you probably wouldn't be very happy with the experience. Sorry about that.

masterermac
11-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Ahoy there friend. Yes you can run the game, however you'll have to run it on lowest or close to loewest settings. The only thing I am kinda doubtful about is your GPU (the intel integrated vga), however since it is moderately new it should be able to handle the game. I play AC4 on my PC that is literally 6 years with a Core2Duo 2.53 Ghz, nVidia 9600GT and 4 GB of ram on the lowest settings, get good and stable FPS and frankly the game still looks pretty damn good. The only difference I can tell between lowest and highest settings is that on lowest settings you don't have aliasing and you can see edges around certain objects, particularly trees and leaves, but since you are always in motion you don't notice this constantly.

drakkar321
11-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Ahoy there friend. Yes you can run the game, however you'll have to run it on lowest or close to loewest settings. The only thing I am kinda doubtful about is your GPU (the intel integrated vga), however since it is moderately new it should be able to handle the game. I play AC4 on my PC that is literally 6 years with a Core2Duo 2.53 Ghz, nVidia 9600GT and 4 GB of ram on the lowest settings, get good and stable FPS and frankly the game still looks pretty damn good. The only difference I can tell between lowest and highest settings is that on lowest settings you don't have aliasing and you can see edges around certain objects, particularly trees and leaves, but since you are always in motion you don't notice this constantly.

Wow, that's fantastic that you are able to play it, and good to know. BTW. if you want anti-aliasing, you should try using FXAA or even SMAA. They are both shader based AA methods and run at a fraction of the GPU cost of traditional AA methods. FXAA should be the easiest to run, if SMAA doesn't work for you. But the quality to performance ratio is very good on both of them.

mrtucan234
11-30-2013, 09:48 PM
so, guys, what performance do u think i'll get (in cities,the sea and outside cities) with EVERYTHING on "lowest", the LOWEST possible resolution, and anti-aliasing off?

mrtucan234
12-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Just saying, but almost every game I have (the majority of Total War Games and ACIII) apparently don't support intel hd 4000 but they still run fine

mrtucan234
12-11-2013, 04:49 AM
Hyperthread is not supported

yes it is. How do I put an image from my desktop on here?