PDA

View Full Version : Lowering cutscene resolution?

ARandomKid
11-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey all,

AC4 plays acceptably for me with one exception. The cutscenes are lagging for me, since they seem to be automatically displayed at the highest quality, resolution, etc. As a result, the voices aren't synced up with the animation, and it's quite annoying watching the lips mouth stuff (and blade/pistol effects etc. happen) that I heard two seconds ago. Is there any way to change this and make the cutscenes render at the same resolution as the rest of the game, or am I stuck dealing with it until I can upgrade my GPU (there's obviously no guarantee this will solve the problem, but I feel it would help somewhat)?

NLolinder
12-02-2013, 06:17 AM
Any word on this? I'm running into the same thing: I'm stuck with a lower-mid-level graphics card, but the game runs quite smoothly outside of cutscenes at my selected settings. But it's almost unbearable to watch the cutscenes, in some cases they're almost 2 seconds out of sync. Any way to force the cutscenes to use the same graphics settings as the game itself? Couldn't find anything in the .ini file.

abohamed2013
12-02-2013, 09:24 PM
yes i have the same problem ... please UBISOFT fix this issue

Lokikron
12-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah I just had this happen to me in, and it was fine before, the only other notable exception being havana, but that's a whole other thing.

It's annoying but not game breaking.

Lokikron
12-04-2013, 09:16 AM
Sorry for the double post, but it doesn't seem to happen in all cutscenes, I had a really slow cutscene, and then in the same area on a templar mission the cutscene was normal. Strange.

YazX_
12-04-2013, 10:25 AM
you need to re-encode all bink videos, i havent done it myself so i dont really know which is the best software for the job, but all of the files have ".bik" extension, look up the videos you want to convert then search google for a software to re-encode bink videos as there are plenty of them.

NLolinder
12-05-2013, 03:27 AM
you need to re-encode all bink videos, i havent done it myself so i dont really know which is the best software for the job, but all of the files have ".bik" extension, look up the videos you want to convert then search google for a software to re-encode bink videos as there are plenty of them.

I don't think that's correct, at least for this game. A search for *.bik shows only the opening logos. Maybe I missed something?

Lokikron
12-05-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't think that's correct, at least for this game. A search for *.bik shows only the opening logos. Maybe I missed something?

Yeah all I'm seeing are forge and BK2 files.

NLolinder
12-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know if there's a config option we can add to get this done? It's the shadow-intensive scenes (particularly the first scene with Blackbeard in it, in the bar in Nassau at night) that seem to be doing it, so any way to turn down the shadow quality during cutscenes would be much appreciated. :)