PDA

View Full Version : Mods in Assassins Creed?

Ignacio_796
11-23-2013, 06:39 PM
It would be awesome if there was a Creation Kit of AC games for modders. Imagine the possibilities and the improvements that a few mod can do to this games. Ubi should start to think in the idea of release a tool to create mods for AC games.
PD: Sorry for my bad english.

JazAC3
11-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Yea they should do that

oliacr
11-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Great idea, i just need to look at other games (no titles- because of advertising.)- other companies released mod tools, and lots of good mods have come out since that to this game and others as well. I don't know how could this fit for an AC game, but its a great idea though.

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 11:50 AM
The problem is, it would probably only work on PCs, and then you'd have people complaining why they couldn't get it on Consoles too, especially if you want to truly customize (you're own images for ship flags, for example, could be a family crest) which most likely wouldn't work on consoles, but hey, with the next gen stuff being more PC like, there's a chance it might work.

ProletariatPleb
11-24-2013, 04:55 PM
It's a console game.... plus they release early, mods increase the lifetime of games by many years when done right they won't risk it.

Rugterwyper32
11-24-2013, 06:30 PM
One thing that sounds more likely and I wouldn't mind in the slightest is some sort of level editor. Have basic assets, unlock more as you play the game, and then just go ahead and make a small area for a mission. Design a small town or forest location, put your objectives in place, then go and share it with the world and be able to try missions designed by others.
The idea does remind me a lot of the park editors in the good ol' Tony Hawk games, those were fun times.

ze_topazio
11-24-2013, 07:15 PM
Most companies don't like mods, they don't like the idea of someone changing their game without them getting any money for it.

Malevolence97
11-24-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Would be awesome!

DetroitPlaya
11-24-2013, 07:32 PM
It will never happen.

And as stated earlier by someone, it's mainly a console game.

Ignacio_796
11-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Most companies don't like mods, they don't like the idea of someone changing their game without them getting any money for it.

Its a shame, but the truth is that Ubisoft isn't Bethesda, at least I wish they reconsider the idea, it would be awesome...