PDA

View Full Version : Crew Members: Too Expendable??

saicharanb93
11-23-2013, 06:48 AM
As i was playing the game i begin to realize that the only instance where you actually hire or recruit crew members is at that start. After that you pretty never have the need to rescue prisoners or hire pirates bcoz usualy your crew is replenished after boarding the ships. Sometimes, i jus kill a few of my own crew with a swivel gun, jus so that i can have the chance to recruit some new guys.

So, i think, that the crew should not be soo easily replenished. Like maybe Ubisoft can put in a patch where the number of crew members reduces by a certain amount everytime you send a ship to the fleet. This way, it would encourage us to go out and rescue pirates and it would also make sense that when you are sending a ship to your fleet, you actually send some crew with it.

What do you guys think?

pirate1802
11-23-2013, 06:51 AM
I guess they are.....

:cool:

The Expendables?

YEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

ace3001
11-23-2013, 07:50 AM
As i was playing the game i begin to realize that the only instance where you actually hire or recruit crew members is at that start. After that you pretty never have the need to rescue prisoners or hire pirates bcoz usualy your crew is replenished after boarding the ships. Sometimes, i jus kill a few of my own crew with a swivel gun, jus so that i can have the chance to recruit some new guys.

So, i think, that the crew should not be soo easily replenished. Like maybe Ubisoft can put in a patch where the number of crew members reduces by a certain amount everytime you send a ship to the fleet. This way, it would encourage us to go out and rescue pirates and it would also make sense that when you are sending a ship to your fleet, you actually send some crew with it.

What do you guys think?
Considering we can just "buy" crew like ammo, even that would really not achieve much.

saicharanb93
11-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Agreed. But buying is an option. Those who arent interested in hiring pirates ( like me ) will atleast have the pleasure of recruiting them, ike we did in brotherhood.

LoyalACFan
11-23-2013, 10:37 AM
I like that they die off quick, it gives you more to do in the cities. Recruiting pirates and whatnot.

Although I do wish we had a few more "permanent" crew members instead of just Adewale. Would have helped the narrative too. A couple of times, Adewale was like "you're doing this without the consent of your crew, what are they going to think about this?" And I was like "Lol, like I give a **** about the crew..."

saicharanb93
11-23-2013, 11:08 AM
I like that they die off quick, it gives you more to do in the cities. Recruiting pirates and whatnot.

Although I do wish we had a few more "permanent" crew members instead of just Adewale. Would have helped the narrative too. A couple of times, Adewale was like "you're doing this without the consent of your crew, what are they going to think about this?" And I was like "Lol, like I give a **** about the crew..."

They die off quick but since i started boarding ships, i havnt been able to recruit or save pirates cos its ike i lose 4 pirates in the boarding and i get 5 of them when i am done boarding!! the crew bar is never depleted!!!

yea, that would have been nice. Like the crew members in GTA 4 the lost and the damned. Where every member had a distinct name and so on...........

Kirokill
11-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Adewale annoys me he just holds a sword while everybody takes a sword to the chest while pulling a ship to them.

DetroitPlaya
11-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Adewale annoys me he just holds a sword while everybody takes a sword to the chest while pulling a ship to them.

Adéwalé needs to stfu.

He does absolutely nothing, and just repeats the same **** over and over again.

AstusOz
11-23-2013, 03:39 PM

Although I do wish we had a few more "permanent" crew members instead of just Adewale. Would have helped the narrative too. A couple of times, Adewale was like "you're doing this without the consent of your crew, what are they going to think about this?" And I was like "Lol, like I give a **** about the crew..."True. It's hard to feel sympathy for the crew or feel any real dread at the prospect of mutiny when the crew is a bunch of faceless grunts. They really needed some fleshing out.

saicharanb93
11-23-2013, 03:58 PM

Lol, true dat.

saicharanb93
11-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Adéwalé needs to stfu.

Exactly!! Whenever i am trying to over to take a big ship like a man-o-war or something, my gun officer shouts "guns ready, sir" and i am like 'lets do this' and then Ade goes " She's stronger than us, captain" and i am like " Wtf, Ade? Which side are you on?" Srsly, i know ubi wanted Ade to be a practical quatermatser and all that but someties he is jus frustrating.

SleezeRocker
11-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Adéwalé needs to stfu.

Look at de size of heem!!! lol
Maybe that is why he getting a story add :P (Anne does the samething only she rarely talks and she's a red Head so I let it slide O_o?)

As to the Crew, that is hwy we get the Cannon fodder trophy :P

I-Like-Pie45
11-23-2013, 07:30 PM
That's just the way human life works.

TheDanteEX
11-23-2013, 09:19 PM
Remember those two lead gunners that were aboard the Aquila but were totally underutilized? They could have had a few characters like those to make the Jackdaw a little more lively and familiar.

LoyalACFan
11-24-2013, 05:26 AM
Remember those two lead gunners that were aboard the Aquila but were totally underutilized? They could have had a few characters like those to make the Jackdaw a little more lively and familiar.

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I mean. At least let us have a little bit of connection with the guy who leads the shanties, because he obviously survived (I think Edward even calls him Jack occasionally).

BATISTABUS
11-24-2013, 08:19 AM
I think you should've been able to interact with crew members a little more. Maybe make two shantymen extremely minor characters, or just have a few named crew members or something. Maybe they ask you to go on missions, or sail to certain places for certain reasons or something.

During the part of the story where Adewale and apparently the crew are getting sick of your ****, it would've had a better impact if your crew would actually talk **** about you quietly on the ship when they don't see you, or if they wouldn't cheer as enthusiastically when you got on board or something.

jdoctor38
11-24-2013, 08:57 AM
I bought this via Steam.http://www.q10055.com/20.jpg

natewarhead
11-24-2013, 09:41 AM
they should do something where instead of just randomly saving random pirates their is like 20 or so missions where each pirate is a supporting character.

natewarhead
11-24-2013, 09:44 AM
he's calling him jack as a phrase not a name some of the other characters call you jack sometimes too.

saicharanb93
11-24-2013, 09:59 AM
they should do something where instead of just randomly saving random pirates their is like 20 or so missions where each pirate is a supporting character.

That would have been nice but eventually we would have gotten bored with seeing the same faces again and again. Remember revelations? No matter what happened we were stuck with the same recruits. Instead, as others in this thread have mentioned, they should have put specific NPC's for the gun officers and the shanty lead singer, for whom we will have to do missions like you said and the other crew must have been given random names ( like in brotherhood ) and there must atleast be a minimum amount of interaction; the only interaction in AC4 was "guns ready" , "spanish fleet" and some other shouts.

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 10:04 AM
I will say this, when enough crew members die, a new voice actor comes in to do the guy that's like "heading straight to a cliff Captain!" or "crates on the starboard side, looks like booty!"

Which, is pretty cool. One guy sounds like a smoker though, and I hate his voice. Glad they "cycle" sorta.

saicharanb93
11-24-2013, 10:05 AM
I think you should've been able to interact with crew members a little more. Maybe make two shantymen extremely minor characters, or just have a few named crew members or something. Maybe they ask you to go on missions, or sail to certain places for certain reasons or something.

During the part of the story where Adewale and apparently the crew are getting sick of your ****, it would've had a better impact if your crew would actually talk **** about you quietly on the ship when they don't see you, or if they wouldn't cheer as enthusiastically when you got on board or something.

Thats a brilliant idea. It would have been great, if while i was sailing and the gun officer comes upto me and says, i've got something to show you and we follow his lead. That would have been good. Like the gun officers have their own backstories and as we help them on with their lives, the crew efficiency increases or something like that. Man, i wish Ubi are reading all you guy's posts right now.

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Thats a brilliant idea. It would have been great, if while i was sailing and the gun officer comes upto me and says, i've got something to show you and we follow his lead. That would have been good. Like the gun officers have their own backstories and as we help them on with their lives, the crew efficiency increases or something like that. Man, i wish Ubi are reading all you guy's posts right now.

Well, the crew kind of insults Edward when he takes the Jackdaw to Charles-towne.

saicharanb93
11-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Well, the crew kind of insults Edward when he takes the Jackdaw to Charles-towne.

I will say this, when enough crew members die, a new voice actor comes in to do the guy that's like "heading straight to a cliff Captain!" or "crates on the starboard side, looks like booty!"

Which, is pretty cool. One guy sounds like a smoker though, and I hate his voice. Glad they "cycle" sorta.

Wow, didnt really notice those things. Its good to know they atleast cycle the voices. Btw, why do the crew insult edward??

MnemonicSyntax
11-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Wow, didnt really notice those things. Its good to know they atleast cycle the voices. Btw, why do the crew insult edward??

Because the Jackdaw is too big to go into the marshes of Charles-towne.

saicharanb93
11-24-2013, 10:24 AM
Because the Jackdaw is too big to go into the marshes of Charles-towne.

Oh, yea, i remember that part. thanks.