PDA

View Full Version : What do the different icons mean for enemy ships?

GaryWK
11-22-2013, 09:56 PM
There are different icons that appear next to the health bar of enemy ships when I am in combat with them. Some of them I eventually learn to recognize, but some of them are hard to determine. I think there's one that looks like a teardrop that indicates the ship is not doing anything? And for non-combat ships, sometimes there's an icon that looks like "4R" (the "4" is a ship's sails I think), but I don't know what this means, either.

For instance, which one indicates that an enemy ship is firing? I think that's one of the most important ones, and sometimes there is so much action going on that it's hard for me to tell when I'm being fired at—especially when I'm in combat with two or more ships at the same time. Or should I use audible cues instead when determining this?

RoBg03
11-22-2013, 10:16 PM
not sure what you mean by a teardrop, but the 'R' indicates its a royal convoy, which you get extra cash for looting.

GaryWK
11-22-2013, 10:35 PM
not sure what you mean by a teardrop, but the 'R' indicates its a royal convoy, which you get extra cash for looting.
I just played a bit, and perhaps it's not a teardrop, but it looks like a drop of water or something. It seems to show when the ship is "idling", for instance, it is reloading its weapons.

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 10:41 PM
No, the "teardrop" is one you target with your spyglass. The "4R" is just an R with the sails, like you originally thought. Those carry a good amount of Reales (hence the R). The regular white ones are Naval Convoys, and have two other ships with them, while the special blue ones are Royal Convoys and carry far more Reales.

SleezeRocker
11-22-2013, 11:33 PM
And as an FYI the Red dual swords are Hunter Ships, on the Prowl for you ;)

but yes as other mentioned:

4R-Royal Navy and the ship with the '4R' tag means it dishes out some Relaes when you board it
The red Tick/Tear mark is a ship you tagged with your Spyglass

The Blue 4R ships are the Community Naval convoys in which where you engage that group of ships (when you are online), your friends online can see that same convoy on their map