PDA

View Full Version : About optimization

S.T.A.R.A.C.
11-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Here is a screenshot with everything on low, no AA, 1680 resolution. This is in jungle with no NPC activity and i can't even reach 40 fps!? And it looks horrible!

In this game with everything on low i have worse fps then in The Witcher 2 on maximum with AA!?

Again; i have bigger fps in The Witcher 2 on maximum details with AA!

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/4681/4di4.jpg

Great job Ubi!

TaquitoDK
11-22-2013, 08:03 PM
I get 60fps constant on low and 37fps maxed out with TXAA 2x in that exact same scene as yours.. ps, running in 1080p

S.T.A.R.A.C.
11-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Did you even try to understand my post!? Did you saw how ugly and poor game looks on low settings?

Here is The Witcher 2 in heavy foliage area with NPC activity and AA, on my HD 5850:

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/8669/n2wy.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/4671/s0d9.jpg

Which one looks better and more demanding!

Cedric19952010
11-23-2013, 01:24 AM
I have the same problem.

My PC works with GTX 660 ti und i5 3570. My framerate is by low between 45- 60 and by max. settings by under 30.

BzkGB
11-23-2013, 01:53 AM
This was bound to happen. AC3 was horribly optimized and it was obvious AC4 would suffer the same fate - not that it matters when people continue to buy the game without researching. Glad I waited to check out the forums before buying this time around.

dtlaw
11-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Im not finding it to bad. I have everything on max at 2560x1440 res exept aa as it blurs everything at high res. Get 60fps constant
It can dip into the 50s when i stand on a high hill and look down at lots of npcs, all the ac's seem to do that.

I7 2600k@4.6ghz
2xgtx 680 classified 4g.
8gig ram

IDefectedI
11-23-2013, 03:19 AM
Im not finding it to bad. I have everything on max at 2560x1440 res exept aa as it blurs everything at high res. Get 60fps constant
It can dip into the 50s when i stand on a high hill and look down at lots of npcs, all the ac's seem to do that.

I7 2600k@4.6ghz
2xgtx 680 classified 4g.
8gig ram

Holding 60 fps in towns or forests you need two GTX 780s. Lucky for me I own two. I tested this game with one 780 and lost almost 33 fps. So sli performance is good, but still need to see improvements in drivers and performance patches. Game almost runs great with two GTX 780s. Tempted to buy a 3rd 780 lol.

ProletariatPleb
11-23-2013, 03:46 AM
Did you even try to understand my post!? Did you saw how ugly and poor game looks on low settings?
Greetings STARAC, seems I'm seeing more of you everywhere. :D

Nothing new about it, same issues as last year.

abohamed2013
11-23-2013, 03:56 AM

Here is The Witcher 2 in heavy foliage area with NPC activity and AA, on my HD 5850:

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/8669/n2wy.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img706/4671/s0d9.jpg

do not worry bro .. ALL AMD users have the same exact problem no matter whats your AMD GPU or CPU ( intel or AMD ) i have Asus EAH 5770 CU core , Intel i7 3770 @ 3.90 GHz 8M Cache , GA P75-D3 F11 , Corsair 8 GB DDR3 RAM , Cooler master extreme 500 W PSU , Win 7 64 bit ultimate SP1 ... and i gets the same FPS you have on low and 15 - 20 FPS on highest !!! and that is not fair ubisoft because you have let nvidia crew ruin or AMD experience

archav3n
11-23-2013, 03:58 AM
This is NOT poor optimisation. This is NO optimisation. It's very clear as you read the news from videogamer as Ubisoft don't care about optimization on PCs. If it plays badly people will just buy a new graphics card. This is their mentality. Also it could be partnering scheme with GPU vendors namely NVidia and AMD. You can see those who can maintain 60FPS are with beast GPU on SLI.

peshu
11-23-2013, 04:03 AM
And they are adding Physx support. Guess I need to buy 3 GTX 780Ti for that.

Loucmachine.Joe
11-23-2013, 07:13 AM
I ve seen many people with good performances with AMD and many people with bad performance with Nvidia... most often the issue is @ 10 inch of the screen. ;0

abohamed2013
11-23-2013, 08:02 AM
I ve seen many people with good performances with AMD and many people with bad performance with Nvidia... most often the issue is @ 10 inch of the screen. ;0

oh really ?! where ?!

hoorayUBIcrap
11-23-2013, 08:20 AM

I7 2600k@4.6ghz
2xgtx 680 classified 4g.
8gig ram

I don't know if you're just being sarcastic or being plain stupid ~__~ . You have a monster CPU and even overclocked it to 4.6Ghz. You can max Crysis 3 without problem with that rig of yours. Not everyone has that kind of high-end rig so stop comparing your rig to everyone's.

UdyrXinTheHouse
11-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I've been running 60FPS WHILE RECORDING LIVE GAMEPLAY and all maxed graphics. You guys need to make sure your rig can handle the game.

As to my understanding, the game was optimized to run on lower end PC's so everyone can enjoy the game, while also being able to run on higher end PC's.

I run: 6core 3.5ghz processor, GTX660 OC edition, 8GB ram, and HDMI to my TV(which is worse than a TV monitor actually) and run great graphics.

dtlaw
11-23-2013, 12:12 PM
I don't know if you're just being sarcastic or being plain stupid ~__~ . You have a monster CPU and even overclocked it to 4.6Ghz. You can max Crysis 3 without problem with that rig of yours. Not everyone has that kind of high-end rig so stop comparing your rig to everyone's.

I posted this because alot of people are saying the highest end pcs cant run the game ie SLI Titans... I can run it just fine. Plus my CPU is almost 4 years old , its not bad but hardly a monster, hence why I overclocked it. Also thats at higher than average res so 1080 is even higher fps. I also get 99% usage on both gpus which I dont often get these days, meaning at least its taking advantage of gpu power.

S.T.A.R.A.C.
11-23-2013, 01:23 PM
I've been running 60FPS WHILE RECORDING LIVE GAMEPLAY and all maxed graphics. You guys need to make sure your rig can handle the game.

As to my understanding, the game was optimized to run on lower end PC's so everyone can enjoy the game, while also being able to run on higher end PC's.

I run: 6core 3.5ghz processor, GTX660 OC edition, 8GB ram, and HDMI to my TV(which is worse than a TV monitor actually) and run great graphics.

First, you can't maintain 60 fps with that card. At least don't lie to yourself!

Second, you don't understand what i'm talking about and you obviously don't know nothing about how these things work.
I make mods and tweaks for games. I know what good graphics is and how demanding game should look. Also i know what my comp is capable of.

This game is one unoptimized POS.

Voyager456
11-23-2013, 02:55 PM
It seems to me some people are just lying about the performane and nobody is posting some actual proofs
btw there is no way that guy up maxed it out with gtx 660

Loucmachine.Joe
11-23-2013, 03:22 PM
It seems to me some people are just lying about the performane and nobody is posting some actual proofs
I agree there is no way that guy up maxed it out with gtx 660, but I still bet you can have a very good looking game with good performances with this card.

peshu
11-23-2013, 04:19 PM
I agree there is no way that guy up maxed it out with gtx 660, but I still bet you can have a very good looking game with good performances with this card.

Yes, hi si lying. With my GTX 760OC if I put everything on max my FPS drops to 20 in some areas.

AherasSTRG
11-23-2013, 05:10 PM
Loucmachine2 ought to check his facts before posting ****. This is a serious forum.
Anyway, I own a GTX 760 and I am playing the game on High to Very High settings (in fact those proposed by Geforce experience), although settings make little difference to the fps factor (between normal and very high, there is only 2 or 3 frames difference). For most of the time my frames are between 55 and 60 (that is in Havanna, Nasseau, while on sea). The time when frames dip to 40s is when there is dense vegetation on screen (Southern part of Nasseau, jungles, big islands etc). Lowering the settings does not help much. So, since the problem is specific to these cases, there might be an Nvidia / AMD driver later on that addresses the issue of vegetation.

peshu
11-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Loucmachine2 ought to check his facts before posting ****. This is a serious forum.
Anyway, I own a GTX 760 and I am playing the game on High to Very High settings (in fact those proposed by Geforce experience), although settings make little difference to the fps factor (between normal and very high, there is only 2 or 3 frames difference). For most of the time my frames are between 55 and 60 (that is in Havanna, Nasseau, while on sea). The time when frames dip to 40s is when there is dense vegetation on screen (Southern part of Nasseau, jungles, big islands etc). Lowering the settings does not help much. So, since the problem is specific to these cases, there might be an Nvidia / AMD driver later on that addresses the issue of vegetation.

Yes, I noticed that too, if there is a single leaf on screen, no matter the setting, even in Abstergo, the FPS drops, otherwise it stays at 60. Maybe the plants are heavily tessellated. In that case I would of prefered if we can disable tessellation.

IDefectedI
11-23-2013, 05:35 PM

I can't even hold solid 60 fps with two GTX 780s factory overclocked.

Out at sea - no problems
Small islands - no problems
Sea battles - no problems accept for glitched looking animations while fighting.

Big cites - fps shifts from high to lows
Jungles - fps highs and lows.

battles in towns - sometimes no performance hit other times massive stuttering.

AherasSTRG
11-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes, I noticed that too, if there is a single leaf on screen, no matter the setting, even in Abstergo, the FPS drops, otherwise it stays at 60. Maybe the plants are heavily tessellated. In that case I would of prefered if we can disable tessellation.
Yes! Exactly. I do not know the reason, but, I believe that since this is a very specific issue, there might be ways for both Ubisoft and Nvidia / AMD to counter it.

ProletariatPleb
11-23-2013, 06:06 PM
To those asking, yes everything is tessellated at "very high" environment setting.

luciusnetheril
11-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Funny enough my 2 670s keep frame rate at steady 63 fps. Although sometimes it goes down to 53, for no good reason.

IDefectedI
11-23-2013, 06:35 PM
To those asking, yes everything is tessellated at "very high" environment setting.

So Environment settings is LOD and Tessellation ? They should brake that setting apart.