PDA

View Full Version : Idea: let's create our own draft tournamen!

czwartek22
11-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Hey there girls & guys,

Firstly I must say that I'm not an experienced CCG player - MMDOC is actually the first card game that I played in my life, so take that in consideration please :).

I've been thinking lately about the draft format for the tournaments. As we know, the developers are thinking about implementing them into the game, but I guess it's still matter of months or years even maybe before it will be done. Personally, I think that drafts are a really cool format, cause the factor of player's skill is of more importance than in the constructed deck format. That's why I asked myself: why couldn't we - players - make our own draft tournament?

That's how I (vaguely) see this: I guess it's not so difficult to make a random card generator, using Excel I guess. Each player should have around 180 cards to construct the deck from. I would suggest: 5 heroes, 20 events, 90 commons, 40 uncommons, 20 rares, 5 epics. From that pool, we compile a deck.

With a well-written spreadsheet I think it can be pretty easy to use. Of course, the main thing here is TRUST, cause we really can't check if the other players aren't cheating, but I guess it won't be a problem for such a friendly community :).

What do you think about that idea? Of course there are many things to discuss here, the size of the card pool, the possibility of choosing the hero before etc, but I wanted to plant the idea and see what will the response be :).

Vengyre
11-22-2013, 06:19 PM
There are too huge restrictions on creatures, drafts are cool but need to be tweaked to fit MMDOC.

czwartek22
11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
There are too huge restrictions on creatures, drafts are cool but need to be tweaked to fit MMDOC.

What do you mean by "huge restrictions"? The might/magic/destiny requirements? It can be also made that is used (I think) in Hearthstone - X cards with a cost of 1, X cards with a cost of 2 etc.

Vengyre
11-22-2013, 07:21 PM
I mean you can play multicolor in MTG, here you can't.