PDA

View Full Version : What should be upgraded when fighting ships/cruising?

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 05:18 PM
I know the advanced armor should, but I have med/advanced upgrades on the stuff that matters like chain shot, mortar, and broadside cannons/ram. Do I need to fully upgrade everything? If so where can i get the coin from I'm kinda broke in terms of upgrade money (about 7k reales)

AngryRaisin
11-22-2013, 05:35 PM
I know the advanced armor should, but I have med/advanced upgrades on the stuff that matters like chain shot, mortar, and broadside cannons/ram. Do I need to fully upgrade everything? If so where can i get the coin from I'm kinda broke in terms of upgrade money (about 7k reales)

As you progress through the game you need upgrades to be able to accomplish certain missions.

I have had no issue with money in the game and have done nothing special.I just loot chests and do side missions. What sequence are you on? Just keep playing and make sure you play the main storyline through Sequence 5 without spending too much time on ship battles and such.

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm towards the end of the game, my current objective is to go to the observatory, I just killed whats his name on the island after I destroyed his ship, he joined the templars or something. I'm assuming you beat the game so maybe you know where I'm at. I'm still with the Sage.

MnemonicSyntax
11-22-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm towards the end of the game, my current objective is to go to the observatory, I just killed whats his name on the island after I destroyed his ship, he joined the templars or something. I'm assuming you beat the game so maybe you know where I'm at. I'm still with the Sage.

If this is the first time you're going to the Observatory, then you're not near the end of the game.

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 06:04 PM
how far am I?

tymaster50
11-22-2013, 06:09 PM
just checked my achievements, I'm on memory sequence 10

XLT sMasHerZZX
11-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Personally, I would go for Swivel-Guns, Mortar, Cannons and Hull.

The swivel-guns, especially at full upgrade is a huge help to your damage against other ships, having to just hold down the swivel once you get elite swivels is also a ton easier.

Mortar's are just deadly pirate-nukes once fully upgraded, a great way to open combat.

The cannons is an obvious reason, more cannons = More cannonballs = More explosions = More win

The hull is needed for when you take on higher level ships and the legendaries, damage becomes a huge issue when you get into the "Low-Health" stage.

I also went straight for upgrading all of the storages/harpoons, but that's just personal preference.

FrankieSatt
11-23-2013, 12:42 AM
My list of upgrades are in priority:

Hull
Cannons
Heavy Shot
Swivel Cannons
Chain Shot
Ram
Fire Barrels

Really it depends on how much metal and wood you have as well as money. Money shouldn't be a problem if you play the "Fleet Mini Game". The problem is Metal and Wood. I actually have plenty of Wood not but Metal seems to be the hardest to come by.