PDA

View Full Version : HUD: Turn off the mission objective and courier notifications?

Sushiglutton
11-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Have tried to turn off the entire HUD but somehow the mission objective (the text that tells you what to do next in the mission, up on the left) won't go away. I also keep getting notifications of nearby couriers. Am I missing something or is there no way to get rid of these?

UbiVolfbane
11-22-2013, 06:30 PM
There may be specification notifications that are unable to be disabled normally. If you have disabled all HUD options in-game and still see the notifications, this may be something that cannot be turned off due to many purposes and possible confusion if it were hidden. Although, I would like to put this piece of feedback as a suggestion to the Dev team, thanks.

Sushiglutton
11-23-2013, 01:40 AM
There may be specification notifications that are unable to be disabled normally. If you have disabled all HUD options in-game and still see the notifications, this may be something that cannot be turned off due to many purposes and possible confusion if it were hidden. Although, I would like to put this piece of feedback as a suggestion to the Dev team, thanks.

Thanks! I will write a little something in the feedback thread.

Bulldog1203
12-03-2013, 04:23 AM
I would LOVE it if there were an option to disable the quest notifications or hide them as well.

FraidKn0t
01-28-2014, 01:04 AM
I'm having the same issue. No matter what I do, the objective checklist for the main mission, side activity, etc. (in the upper left area of the HUD) will not go away even when I turn the entire HUD off. It's unbearable to play the game with this big block of text taking up so much space!

Has anyone found a solution yet!?

Weszor
01-29-2014, 03:04 AM
Putting in another vote for the option to turn off the mission objective sign. Aside from the huge text, most of us that want it off are probably trying to disable it for screenshot purposes. This is an incredibly gorgeous game that has the downfall of a non-removable HUD item taking up a huge portion of the screen. We can always re-enable it in options if we were getting lost on a quest or something.

firewx13
02-22-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm having the same problem. I could swear it wasn't doing this before the mission I'm playing now. It's terribly distracting.

GenericLaG
11-29-2015, 04:10 AM

I understand this game is long in the tooth by now, but I've just purchased the thing myself, and the first thing I did was turn off all the GUI as I do to every AC game (so far as they allow). I even smiled a bit when the first option was to turn off all of the GUI.

As many others have discovered, however, the mission objective is on permanent display in the middle of the screen; its position is obnoxious and intrusive to put it mildly. The escape screen and/or map should be ample enough reminder of the goal at hand.

Can someone at Ubisoft spend half an hour and allow us to turn this thing off? Please??