PDA

View Full Version : Level 38 frigate question

DargonisDufaux
11-21-2013, 10:56 PM
ok the guide i bought (typically dont read these, ive just collected all the other AC CE books) says that lvl 38 frigates have the following stats

50 speed 35 firepower 70 hp 70 max repair cost with a cargo hold of 60 max among other stats, it also notes where i should go to get these.

now the problem im having is that im going where the guide suggests, chinchorro , im also grabbing the rank 4 hunter frigates hoping the stats would be different but in both situations im getting lvl 38 frigates in game, my spyglass is telling me this but im getting frigates with lvl 29 stats which are

33 67 67 and a cargo hold of 50

my question is , is this a bug in the game for the PS4? or are there stronger frigates somewhere im not notcing. im trying to give myself the strongest options when it comes to my fleet so id like to know

SenseHomunculus
11-22-2013, 03:22 PM
ok the guide i bought (typically dont read these, ive just collected all the other AC CE books) says that lvl 38 frigates have the following stats

50 speed 35 firepower 70 hp 70 max repair cost with a cargo hold of 60 max among other stats, it also notes where i should go to get these.

now the problem im having is that im going where the guide suggests, chinchorro , im also grabbing the rank 4 hunter frigates hoping the stats would be different but in both situations im getting lvl 38 frigates in game, my spyglass is telling me this but im getting frigates with lvl 29 stats which are

33 67 67 and a cargo hold of 50

my question is , is this a bug in the game for the PS4? or are there stronger frigates somewhere im not notcing. im trying to give myself the strongest options when it comes to my fleet so id like to know

I've got a few of the high-level frigates, and high-level men-of-war as well. Sounds like you're doing things right, get very high in "wanted" status and cruising in "hard" difficulty areas, that's how I've gotten my high-level fleet ships. Just keep trying I guess??

buzbuz33
11-23-2013, 12:28 AM
I will check, but I believe there is a problem with the listed stats. The hunter Men of War match the listed stats (including a cargo capacity of 90). But I have never found a Frigate (hunter or otherwise) that matches up to the listed stats.

SenseHomunculus
11-23-2013, 04:21 PM
I will check, but I believe there is a problem with the listed stats. The hunter Men of War match the listed stats (including a cargo capacity of 90). But I have never found a Frigate (hunter or otherwise) that matches up to the listed stats.

Just now I captured a hunter man-o-war while I was at wanted level 4, and I didn't note the level of the ship, it's got FP 70, speed 30 and cargo 90. That's the 2nd of those ships I have, the first was a Spanish-flagged ship.

Chronos777
12-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Last night I captured 6 frigates all had the right stats but I didn't realize that if a mission completed you didn't get the ship to remove till you read the report. So I had to sell or whatever 3 brigs, 6 frigates, and 3 MOW. All had right stats. Now the town that used to have a Spanish proper MOW doesn't and all frigates and MOW have the stats of the next lowest level of that type? Will this be fixed?

Syr.Jake
12-12-2013, 02:07 AM
MOW is available in 3 levels

Level 36:
Level 49: 66/20/80
Level 60: 70/30/90

I have no idea what the stats are for the level 36, since I haven't kept them and do not use them in Kenyway's Fleet.

The level 60 MOW is only available if you hit wanted level 4.

marstinson
12-12-2013, 03:10 AM
36's are fine for the larger cargo runs at the start of a first-run game, but aren't worth much after that. Kenway's Fleet appears to carry over, even after deleting a completed game, so you start your second run with the same fleet you had at the end of your first. Trade routes also did not have to be rediscovered/reopened.

Faceliss Man
12-28-2013, 03:31 PM
I'd like to see an answer on this level 38 frigate issue from somebody at Ubisoft. I have an xbox one and it doesn't matter if I get my level 38 frigate from a pirate hunter squad or from the Chinchorro zone, every single time I capture a level 38 frigate and send it to my fleet the stats revert back to a level 29 frigate when I go into the fleet to decide whether to keep it or salvage it.

level 29 frigates have these following stats: 47 speed, 33 firepower and most importantly 50 cargo capacity

level 38 frigates have these following stats: 50 speed, 35 firepower and most importantly 60 cargo capacity

I need the level 60 cargo, as do others, so I don't have to send out Man-o-Wars on fleet missions with a 55 or 60 cargo requirement.

i know from looking at this forum I am not the only one having this issue, and I have yet to see and answer on any thread about this issue on how to fix it. Mostly just, "yep it's bugged and it sucks"

game had been out for over a month on xbox one and longer on the previous gen consoles... This should be a simple fix

peteramarsh1952
11-27-2015, 09:50 PM
I'd like to see an answer on this level 38 frigate issue from somebody at Ubisoft. I have an xbox one and it doesn't matter if I get my level 38 frigate from a pirate hunter squad or from the Chinchorro zone, every single time I capture a level 38 frigate and send it to my fleet the stats revert back to a level 29 frigate when I go into the fleet to decide whether to keep it or salvage it.

level 29 frigates have these following stats: 47 speed, 33 firepower and most importantly 50 cargo capacity
level 38 frigates have these following stats: 50 speed, 35 firepower and most importantly 60 cargo capacity

I need the level 60 cargo, as do others, so I don't have to send out Man-o-Wars on fleet missions with a 55 or 60 cargo requirement.

i know from looking at this forum I am not the only one having this issue, and I have yet to see and answer on any thread about this issue on how to fix it. Mostly just, "yep it's bugged and it sucks"

game had been out for over a month on xbox one and longer on the previous gen consoles... This should be a simple fix
PC version of game (fast i7 gaming machine). I had the same problem with Frigates & Man-of_War from the beginning of the game. Nov.27,2015, my ship is fully upgraded. I've beaten all Legendary ships (would have been awesome to capture & put in fleet, ie speed & cargo capacity).

So many bugs & Bad design choices throughout game. Mini-ship game tedious & time consuming. Shake my head at how it was programmed, could have been better, ie auto-exit, buy mines with diamonds, 16 docks for ships, reward\upgrade ships for wins (5 stars\wins gets a choice of 1 level stat increase). Speed it up. MAKE IT FUN & not boring! Give us our level 38 frigates & level 60 Man-of-War. When I capture a ship I would like to see its name and stats before I make a choice.

"Seriously... Where are the French ships?" France was such a very strong presence in North America & the Caribbean right up until 1763. Wow, French-Canadian company didn't want to see French ships beaten up. It's a game. Could have been so much better. You know the history, part of my heritage. French Ships had great names.

Oh, and I am super cautious on brigs & larger ships. I don't pick up bodies and watch how I leave the ships as I have fallen inside the hull. I have also been knocked there in battles. Sometimes I can fast-travel usually it means quitting & losing all my disabled ships.

So much about this game should\could have been great. Lots to love but end up hating. Play shanties all the time or give me "Flight of the Valkyries" and other martial music.

So I have looked all over the Internet & at forums. Seems obvious that someone got the level 38 Frigates. How I would like to know. I would greatly appreciate Ubisoft spending time to cleanup and automate processes before they end support for this game. Gamers are customers. I'll wait on buying future Ubisoft products until I know they function properly and are supported.