PDA

View Full Version : Gold ULC Chest - why is this showing up on my map?

oberonqa
11-21-2013, 10:18 PM
I didn't preorder the game through Ubisoft... nor did I purchase the Black Chest Edition. But yet, while I was out exploring, I came across a gold chest icon on the Florida island. Note I say icon because the actual chest is nowhere to be found. But it's icon and the tooltip "ULC Chest" appears on the map. Why is this occurring? Or is it just a way to remind me that I'm missing out on something for not preordering or purchasing a specific edition of the game?

I did a Google search and found out that ULC Chests are scattered throughout the world and contain the bonus items for preordering from specific retailers as well as items from the Black Chest Edition. The chest icon in Florida is for the Matched Golden Swords, which is from the Captain Kenway Legacy Pack (given out to all preorders).

https://support.ubi.com/en-us/faq.aspx?platformid=35&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ebfgCAA#legacy

YazX_
11-21-2013, 10:24 PM
its probably a bug in the game.

SaltyDog03
11-21-2013, 10:30 PM
They probably forgot to cut the icons from the game after they decided to charge extra for that content.