PDA

View Full Version : AC4 Black chest edition and figures question.

Legionario-Cero
11-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Hello.
I just got my black chest edition and I'm quite confused.
I got this booklet of the in-game content, so one page is a code "A" which gives 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay.
and another code is code "B" which is above the 3 missions, black island, hidden mystery and sacrificed secrets.
but then I have several more pages, one is titled "exclusive in-game content* and shows captain kenway's legacy, trove of mystery, pride of the west indies, and the castwat's prize

then on another page it shows "Additional black chest edition exclusive bonuses": connor kenways' sails, blackbeard's sails, back bart's sails, benjamin hornigold's sails, the wilkinson figurehead, kenway's unique dual swords, double meat cleaver and haytham outfit.

So I'm not really sure, do I get all of the items above?

also, can someone tell me what in-game item each of the mcfarlane figures gives? and also the figure of the edward kenway and blackbeard (the ubisoft's ones)

Thanks a lot.

ShadoeKat
11-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Macfarlane figures fyi, if you are using a next gen console.... none of those codes are good and no fix will be coming according to ACInitiates.com.

UbiVolfbane
11-21-2013, 06:45 PM
Hello . I think alot of your questions my be answered here: http://ubi.li/Q37KQ
This is a FAQ that will help you locate content in-game. After progressing further into the story you will be able to equip the content and items. If you are still unable to locate the content, please feel free to contact Support directly using the links in my signature below.

ShadoeKat
11-21-2013, 06:51 PM
If this truly unlocks the items for Macfarlane, even if the codes are not accepted that's great. But the codes don't work on next gen for Macfarlane figures. And according to the devs on ACInitiaes.com they have said there will be no fix for next gen in regards to allowing the codes from Macfarlane to be used. So since there is no fix for next gen and Macfarlane codes... they are useless unless that dev person wrongly posted. ????

Legionario-Cero
11-21-2013, 08:23 PM
I have the PS3 version, but does the black chest edition unlocks the macfarlane items?

Legionario-Cero
12-03-2013, 06:27 PM
So I redeemed all the codes from my black chest edition but the macfarlane stuff are nowhere to be found, even tho it clearly shows in the booklet that they are supposed to be given out as "Additional black chest edition exclusive bonuses", I'm in my captain's cabin and there are no chests around.

jetlee2777
12-03-2013, 08:12 PM
So I redeemed all the codes from my black chest edition but the macfarlane stuff are nowhere to be found, even tho it clearly shows in the booklet that they are supposed to be given out as "Additional black chest edition exclusive bonuses", I'm in my captain's cabin and there are no chests around.

Well I have the Black Chest Edition for Ps3 and when I redeemed the code their definetly some things,which are missing like e.g. the "Treasure Hunter Outfit","Ship Wheel""Connor Kenway Sails",Blackbeards Sails,Benjamin Hornigolds Sails and also the Wilkinson Figurehead.

After progressing further into the story you will be able to equip the content and items. If you are still unable to locate the content, please feel free to contact Support directly using the links in my signature below.

@Volfbane I have finished already the game and none of the content that Iīve mentioned,has been unlocked for me.

Ackis
12-03-2013, 08:54 PM
I think for AC5 they need to come out with even more exclusive content for buying toys or items and pre-ordering. What about something special for pre-ordering a figurine?

jetlee2777
12-03-2013, 08:57 PM
I think for AC5 they need to come out with even more exclusive content for buying toys or items and pre-ordering. What about something special for pre-ordering a figurine?

For even more exclusive content?,well if so then they should really "give" that what is actually included and not only half of it.

Daemon300
12-03-2013, 08:58 PM
I had the same problem as you. I contacted Ubisoft support and they sent me a new code that unlocked all those items on that page.

So contact Ubisoft support. They will probably ask you for a picture of that page of the leaflet, so you might as well get it over and done with by sending it with the first message.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 08:58 PM

**** no. No NO NO NO. I don't want to be locked out of game content just because I didn't buy an edition with a dumb figurine with a drastically over inflated price tag even more than I already am.

Why can't I have access to Kenway's swords? They're the damn showcase model for swords in the menu of the actual game I fully paid for.

Ackis
12-03-2013, 09:14 PM
For even more exclusive content?,well if so then they should really "give" that what is actually included and not only half of it.
I was being sarcastic. :) I despise things like that, usually they're country locked and you can't ever "get them all".

Landruner
12-03-2013, 09:29 PM

Are you serious? Like what?
Getting the new character naked and then going buying litters on whatever Dr. Pepper for getting his outfit via exclusive contents?
Buying the entire McFarlane for getting his/her weapon?

In fact it is not an Assassin creed anymore that a Barbie Creed that comes with the outfits and accessories sold separately

So, If they come with the following
Pre-ordering the game 6 month in advance for getting the codes for the last sequence and the finishing the game, or getting the last sequence by auction on e-bay? you will go for it, don't you?

And then this forum is having full of people getting upset because their codes don't work?

People are getting tired of those exclusive content business practices and being milked to the bones in the process.

Legionario-Cero
12-03-2013, 09:33 PM
I had the same problem as you. I contacted Ubisoft support and they sent me a new code that unlocked all those items on that page.

So contact Ubisoft support. They will probably ask you for a picture of that page of the leaflet, so you might as well get it over and done with by sending it with the first message.

I'm not sure the uploading pic feature works, when I browse a file and select one, it shows the name of the file on the message (in the support question page), but after I send the message it doesn't show any record of the file sent, so I don't know if they get the pics or not.

Daemon300
12-03-2013, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they do get the pictures. The first time I used their support page I actually sent the picture twice, because I wasn't sure if they were getting it or not.

DarktheMagister
12-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Its probably all going to come out in a DLC pack anyway.

Kagurra
12-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Its probably all going to come out in a DLC pack anyway.

So I can spend 6$ for a pack with all the stuff in it when I only wanted one. Uh, no.

Landruner
12-04-2013, 12:37 AM
So I can spend 6$ for a pack with all the stuff in it when I only wanted one. Uh, no.

I know it is hard to spend $6 for just an item, but imagine if they bring in that DLC your hope (The hood on/off toggle)? I bet you will be glad ;)!

DarktheMagister
12-04-2013, 12:54 AM

What I was implying was that that is the reason I don't bother with any special edition pre-order from specific stores nonsense. Because it all gets released in time anyway.

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 12:58 AM
I know it is hard to spend $6 for just an item, but imagine if they bring in that DLC your hope (The hood on/off toggle)? I bet you will be glad ;)!

I wouldn't pay for that. I shouldn't have to. Besides, I've 100%ed the game and I don't do much sailing now that there's nothing to do besides mindlessly attack ships, and if I'm doing something like that I'd rather be fast traveling from viewpoints to different cities/locations with enemies and killing them instead. I basically get on, send some ships out on the fleet, and run around a city for a bit, usually Havana which is one of my favorite AC cities. Just wish it was a little bigger...

I do the fleet stuff because I'm trying to get the Officer's outfit, and I know the mission you get it from, but it isn't popped up for me. I have version 2 and 3 of the mission on the list but not 1. Duuuumb. So I'm just waiting/doing the other missions to see what happens. But considering I don't have any friends that both have AC4 and Xbox one at the same time yet, the missions take like 20 hours.

Kagurra
12-04-2013, 12:58 AM
What I was implying was that that is the reason I don't bother with any special edition pre-order from specific stores nonsense. Because it all gets released in time anyway.

I always, always do gamestop. So whatever they're doing is what I get.

GMR KNIGHT
12-05-2013, 09:58 PM
I submitted 2 codes for support that didn't work a week ago but no reply yet. 1 for AC3 and 1 for Black Flag from figures I bought at Gamestop. I really hope I get working codes from them. Disappointing otherwise.

Legionario-Cero
12-06-2013, 04:33 PM
around 5 days since I've opened a ticket and still no help from support. they are so slow.

Landruner
12-06-2013, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't pay for that. I shouldn't have to. Besides, I've 100%ed the game and I don't do much sailing now that there's nothing to do besides mindlessly attack ships, and if I'm doing something like that I'd rather be fast traveling from viewpoints to different cities/locations with enemies and killing them instead. I basically get on, send some ships out on the fleet, and run around a city for a bit, usually Havana which is one of my favorite AC cities. Just wish it was a little bigger...

I do the fleet stuff because I'm trying to get the Officer's outfit, and I know the mission you get it from, but it isn't popped up for me. I have version 2 and 3 of the mission on the list but not 1. Duuuumb. So I'm just waiting/doing the other missions to see what happens. But considering I don't have any friends that both have AC4 and Xbox one at the same time yet, the missions take like 20 hours.

@Sorry for OP (thread) perso request bellow
Hey if you know the mission please PM me which one it is (Please!!!!!) since I am travelling right now and I am playing that damned Fleet mini game on my @3!&& telephone (which is great btw that UBISOFT unlocked the companion app for I-phone since my kids use my I-pad) Anyway the screen of my I-phone it is too small for me to read the mission(s)

Go back to OP and your post above;
I hear and understand you - Besides those content are ULCs meaning that they are already on your disk, you just need a code to unlock them.

I do not like this video gaming practice since most of the time it is promotional or a business deal that the video developer and distributer have with other 3rd parties and they force their users and customers to get involved with that third party and make more money from the deal.

Most of the time those codes do not work or had been already used by fraud intermediaries like I had the case once with a Gamestop per-order for whatever limited or special edition (I got a brand new game but the codes inside were already redeemed obviously by someone working there that opened the game for getting the codes, they just resealed the game that it looks brand new then, I was pissed trust me and got no chance to value my purchase then since neither Gamestop or the first party took responsibility of the fraud and I could not get new codes from the first party since by the proof of purchase I was the one that used the codes).

As a rule, I decided not doing pre-order from anymore from third or first party from anywhere, and I invite anyone to do the same

Legionario-Cero
12-06-2013, 06:20 PM
@Sorry for OP (thread) perso request bellow
Hey if you know the mission please PM me which one it is (Please!!!!!) since I am travelling right now and I am playing that damned Fleet mini game on my @3!&& telephone (which is great btw that UBISOFT unlocked the companion app for I-phone since my kids use my I-pad) Anyway the screen of my I-phone it is too small for me to read the mission(s)

Go back to OP and your post above;
I hear and understand you - Besides those content are ULCs meaning that they are already on your disk, you just need a code to unlock them.

I do not like this video gaming practice since most of the time it is promotional or a business deal that the video developer and distributer have with other 3rd parties and they force their users and customers to get involved with that third party and make more money from the deal.

Most of the time those codes do not work or had been already used by fraud intermediaries like I had the case once with a Gamestop per-order for whatever limited or special edition (I got a brand new game but the codes inside were already redeemed obviously by someone working there that opened the game for getting the codes, they just resealed the game that it looks brand new then, I was pissed trust me and got no chance to value my purchase then since neither Gamestop or the first party took responsibility of the fraud and I could not get new codes from the first party since by the proof of purchase I was the one that used the codes).

As a rule, I decided not doing pre-order from anymore from third or first party from anywhere, and I invite anyone to do the same

That's not the same issue, in the black chest edition you get one code that unlocks several in-game items, that one code did work and gave me items, the issue is that it didn't give ALL of the items it was supposed to give, and every other person had the same issue. the code itself worked.

jetlee2777
12-06-2013, 08:16 PM
That's not the same issue, in the black chest edition you get one code that unlocks several in-game items, that one code did work and gave me items, the issue is that it didn't give ALL of the items it was supposed to give, and every other person had the same issue. the code itself worked.

Yes exactly the code is also working fine for me and Iīve bought my "Black Chest Edition",directly from the ubishop so no "third company" or dealer.

And when I contacted the Ubisoft support and they sent me a link it seems really like as if the:

Treasure Hunter Outfit,Ship Wheel,Connor Kenways Sails,Blackbeards Sails,Benjamin Hornigolds Sails and last but not least the Wilkinson figurehead are not included with the code.

Legionario-Cero
12-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Yes exactly the code is also working fine for me and Iīve bought my "Black Chest Edition",directly from the ubishop so no "third company" or dealer.

And when I contacted the Ubisoft support and they sent me a link it seems really like as if the:

Treasure Hunter Outfit,Ship Wheel,Connor Kenways Sails,Blackbeards Sails,Benjamin Hornigolds Sails and last but not least the Wilkinson figurehead are not included with the code.

Those items are in the booklet and are titled as "extra in-game exlusive black chest content" or something, and people here are saying the support have sent them a code for those items, so I want a code like that.

Landruner
12-07-2013, 12:43 AM

Sorry for my previous post above I was more responding to someone else that your concerns and your original thread, I apologize for the misunderstanding - Okay I believe that you have to check on the chest(s) located on your hideout, I believe those items should be there - Of course they appear accordingly with the sequence you are in, I hope that I am right and I also hope that it could help you if not like the moderator said refers to the FAQ or open a ticket to receive a new codes.

Legionario-Cero
12-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Sorry for my previous post above I was more responding to someone else that your concerns and your original thread, I apologize for the misunderstanding - Okay I believe that you have to check on the chest(s) located on your hideout, I believe those items should be there - Of course they appear accordingly with the sequence you are in, I hope that I am right and I also hope that it could help you if not like the moderator said refers to the FAQ or open a ticket to receive a new codes.

They are all supposed to be show in the captain's cabin once you unlock the cabin, which I did.
I also opened a support ticket, but the support service is horrible, it has been over 7 days and they are yet to help me with this issue. they barely reply at all.

jetlee2777
12-08-2013, 02:09 AM
They are all supposed to be show in the captain's cabin once you unlock the cabin, which I did.
I also opened a support ticket, but the support service is horrible, it has been over 7 days and they are yet to help me with this issue. they barely reply at all.

Yes I agree with you unfortunatly the support service of Ubisoft is horrible,as they also never reply to me related my "Explorer Outfit" problem nor answer me when finally the next community challenge will come in order to get the "El Impoluto figurehead".

And yes actually those items has to be in the captainīs cabin,but for me theyīre not eventhough Iīve beat already the game,and I also never receive a new code from them like you said.

Legionario-Cero
12-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Still no help from support, wow.

Mr_Shade
12-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Still no help from support, wow.
PM me your support reference and I will get someone to contact you.

If you are based in the US, they are VERY busy, so there are some delays, however if you have been waiting 7 days, like you posted - I will attempt to get someone to answer you.

Legionario-Cero
12-11-2013, 03:21 AM
PM me your support reference and I will get someone to contact you.

If you are based in the US, they are VERY busy, so there are some delays, however if you have been waiting 7 days, like you posted - I will attempt to get someone to answer you.

I pm'd you.

Bahamut_God
12-11-2013, 10:30 AM
If you send them a ticket with proof of purchase of the black chest and a picture of your code (these 2 are required for them to help your more further) they will send you codes to unlock the McFarlane toy content as they did sending me the codes. However as people have said, if you're on an Xbox One or a PS4 these will not work as ubisoft couldn't make them work for the new consoles.

jetlee2777
12-11-2013, 03:30 PM
If you send them a ticket with proof of purchase of the black chest and a picture of your code (these 2 are required for them to help your more further) they will send you codes to unlock the McFarlane toy content as they did sending me the codes. However as people have said, if you're on an Xbox One or a PS4 these will not work as ubisoft couldn't make them work for the new consoles.

Well when I wrote the Ubisoft Support last time an e-mail I didnīt get a new code from them to unlock those McFarlane toys or the Wilkinson figurhead etc.?,so what should I do?,create a new ticket?,or reply to the open one?

Legionario-Cero
12-11-2013, 05:00 PM

That I did, I sent them a picture of my black chest edition booklet with the codes, plus I sent them my copy of the game's serial number. and ever since then I am waiting over 7 days and no reply from them.

Stemadi
12-29-2013, 05:19 PM
That I did, I sent them a picture of my black chest edition booklet with the codes, plus I sent them my copy of the game's serial number. and ever since then I am waiting over 7 days and no reply from them.

Hey just for your info. I am dealing with Ubisoft germany about the same problem since roughley nov 15th and officially waiting since 1st of december on any reply from them.
By the way, DHL lost my black chest edition. it was a disaster to get a new one for my brother from ubisoft, it took about one and a half months. a phone call did it in the end, spoke to the manager and it worked perfect out Thanks to him! I think he was called Ian, good job.

But now,got the box unpacked it with my bro he was so happy man...... and a nother big but! the reedemcodes are not working except of the avline one.

And my brother drives my crazy....again.. because he waited anyhow so long..... and ubisoft......... also no answer, no new codes or patches for the ps3.....

We did send Ubisoft pictures of the bill, game, codes,box, ingame pictures, what is missing and send them pictures to compare to xbox to ps3. What items exactly are missing.

We tried to help them even and the last but is,

In my point of view, i paid for nothing at least 30 Euros, wasted my money also the mood of my brother and i feel we have we been fooled by them.....

So long...