PDA

View Full Version : 640x480 or lower doesnt work?

RudraTajo
11-21-2013, 12:48 PM
Hello,i have A BIG PROBLEM
my machine is not that good and i need to run the latest games in low resolutions,and streatch the screen.i know it's lame and pixeled but for the moment is fair enough for me.
if i put in the ini file a resolution lower than 800x600 its fall back to default at 1366 even if i check as read only.
i tried do the same for the xml setting and still it fall back to default.i tried to put -w640 -h480 in execcmmd in the xml and still the game doesnt care about it.
so i understand if next gen game doesnt support low resolution(acIII let me set every res i put in ini file)
So the question is:there is a way to force the game to be set at 640x480 or lower (atleast less than 800x600) even using third party programs or something.
sorry my engrish and thanks for the time.
ps:i repeat i know use this res is lame but i cant get a new pc or vga and it will be so for 1 or 2 years yet so i just use what i have right now. thanks again! :D

ace3001
11-21-2013, 12:59 PM
What kind of graphics hardware do you have that can't even run this at 800x600?

And what's your processor? This game is very CPU-heavy, and as such, on an old machine, you won't have any luck by just reducing the resolution.

RudraTajo
11-21-2013, 01:11 PM
nah im on laptop,cpu and ram are fine (not high but fine)the problem is that ****ty hd6470m switchable with an intel 3000(of which i dont care) btw cpu is an i5 2430m and ram is 6gb
in that site for see if the sis req was matched only the gpu was lower than minimum,btw i try keep evrything low cause i rather a smooth experience than high fps or high quality,actually the game run at 800 and smooth for 3 minutes,but then it drops and stutter and jitter and go in slowmo so i think i just need to use less texture and my gpu can breath a bit more.
btw i have latest amd 13.11 9.2 drivers,not overheat problem(atleast not too much)but i really need to low down the resolution,and usually it works(batman acity,farcry3,bf4,ac3(not fix boston thing but all rest was fine),is a tragedy for the quality,but hey i can live with it.
thanks again

Edit btw cpu usage is not that high,im sure is the gpu and lowering the res is an easy way to help it

ace3001
11-21-2013, 01:22 PM
HD 6470M isn't so terrible that you need to go for 640x480. Even Intel HD Graphics 3000 would run it at low settings at 800x600 without much of a performance loss.

RudraTajo
11-21-2013, 02:07 PM
ye ok but the question still...there is any work around to drop resolution below 800-600?

guardian_titan
11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Laptop graphic cards are not supported by the game. If the game keeps resetting itself back to a minimum resolution, then it's hard coded and can't be changed outside of hacking the game exe. Either you have to live with that or just wait to play the game until you get a better system. Perhaps convince a friend with a better computer to let you play on their computer instead and uninstall the game when you're done.

The minimum resolution on things these days is increasing so resolution support for anything smaller than 1024x800 is becoming rare. There's no point to really support the minority when it's constantly decreasing. So I wouldn't be surprised if AC4 was hard coded to a specific minimum resolution for graphic reasons.

If you buy a game and don't meet or exceed the minimum requirements and heed any warnings regarding laptops, then you're walking into problems. It's on you to figure out how to fix them because Ubisoft isn't going to offer support. Best they'll tell you is upgrade your computer. You already know that. The issue only becomes more apparent as time goes on. There's not much anyone can do to help you regarding this really. It's on you to either live with what the game's minimum settings are or to upgrade.

Farlander1991
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
AC3 also doesn't officially supports a laptop, and yet it runs just fine on normal settings in 720p on my laptop with a Radeon 6370, but AC4 also lags on 800x600 with lowest possible settings. I expected to have same performance for AC4 if I set it to similarly how AC3 was set for me.

But it's not just laptop, my family's more powerful desktop rigs back at home have the same problem, AC4 gets to 30 fps only on lowest settings with 800x600 resolution, while AC3 720p on maximum is 50.

RudraTajo
11-21-2013, 08:46 PM
oh ok really thanks guys.
i knew it will end up so.
@guardian_titan btw am i allowed to hack an exe of something i bought or it can result in a ban from multiplayer or forum or something? thanks for the time again

edit:no no way,i am not able to mess with hex on the gaming stuff i would mess up my copy, i'll wait for a cheap pc build thanks again

Nirmal967
11-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Hello,i have A BIG PROBLEM
my machine is not that good and i need to run the latest games in low resolutions,and streatch the screen.i know it's lame and pixeled but for the moment is fair enough for me.
if i put in the ini file a resolution lower than 800x600 its fall back to default at 1366 even if i check as read only.
i tried do the same for the xml setting and still it fall back to default.i tried to put -w640 -h480 in execcmmd in the xml and still the game doesnt care about it.
so i understand if next gen game doesnt support low resolution(acIII let me set every res i put in ini file)
So the question is:there is a way to force the game to be set at 640x480 or lower (atleast less than 800x600) even using third party programs or something.
sorry my engrish and thanks for the time.
ps:i repeat i know use this res is lame but i cant get a new pc or vga and it will be so for 1 or 2 years yet so i just use what i have right now. thanks again! :D

Go to the properties of the game . Then go to COMPATIBILITY TAB and check 'Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution'