PDA

View Full Version : Tackle from above on PC appears to be impossible. (??)

Fluidbat
11-21-2013, 11:00 AM
I've literally landed on the guy's back from a rooftop while pressing E, RMB+E, and just spamming everyone button on my ****ing keyboard and he simply won't "tackle from above."

The **** is the deal with this? What am I doing wrong?

ProletariatPleb
11-21-2013, 11:26 AM
It works fine for me. I have obviously changed key layout so I won't name keys. But keep the forward and running button pressed and press the button you use to counter and it works just fine for me.

ace3001
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Since you mention RMB, are you playing an older AC game, or have you changed the default controls?

In AC IV with default controls, W + LShift to run, and while running somewhere above, tap E to tackle someone below. Sometimes is a mess if there are multiple enemies below, though.

Fluidbat
11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Since you mention RMB, are you playing an older AC game, or have you changed the default controls?

In AC IV with default controls, W + LShift to run, and while running somewhere above, tap E to tackle someone below. Sometimes is a mess if there are multiple enemies below, though.

I am playing ACIV. This is the mission where you have the option of tackling the Sage from above.

Oh, so, I don't have to jump first? Just press E?

ProletariatPleb
11-21-2013, 08:32 PM
I am playing ACIV. This is the mission where you have the option of tackling the Sage from above.

Oh, so, I don't have to jump first? Just press E?
No you don't have to jump manually, you just have to press the correct key while standing if it registers Edward will automatically jump on the guy.

Fluidbat
11-22-2013, 04:41 AM
No you don't have to jump manually, you just have to press the correct key while standing if it registers Edward will automatically jump on the guy.

Thanks man. I just tested it out and it worked... sort of. The first time I tried to do it from the roof top and apparently I was too high up because nothing would happen, but later in the chase I was given the opportunity to tackle him from a shorter distance and it worked.

Anyways, thanks again. I was stuck on this for more time than I'd care to admit.