PDA

View Full Version : Game is not saving my progress

Zangetsu141
11-21-2013, 04:12 AM
I have played the game 4 times, and 3 of the 4 times the game has not saved my data. The little icon shows up in the corner and says "saving" after all events (I.E. Chest, assassinations, quest, ect.) And when i exit to main menu the game will show my progress as saved; however, when i exit to desktop and then reopen the game to continue playing my game data is right back where it started...at 3% with nothing accomplished....As i said before, i have only played the game for 4 sittings...and the first sitting was solid...game saved once i was to Havana...every time since, the game is not saving my data....(even though the little "save" icon is in the corner)
Do i have to manually save the game before quitting to the desktop? and if so how do i do this?

It is unbearable...i am not interested in playing a game that does not save.

Is this a problem others have?
A side note -- I do not see my computer being the problem, it is a solid build and i am running the game max settings at 52-62 frames per second.

Thanks for any help/advice

strigoi1958
11-21-2013, 08:48 AM
I think some people have found if you change weather or to pirate talk or anything considered a cheat (even though it is not a cheat) it does not save progress so maybe that is what you have done ?

Afflictio.on
11-21-2013, 04:01 PM
same problem here

WeaselJCD
11-21-2013, 05:13 PM
same problem here.
played yesterday evening to ~12% and when I entered the game today it was reset to 1%
also created a savegame in the aveline campaign before i went to bed and this save was totally gone...
i think this is rather annoying....
this is my first upay experience and i must say the first impression is rather unpleasant!
i hope there will be a official statement soon because i can't continue playing until i know this is fixed
edit: I love how they apparently patched out a glitch where people with russian versions of the game could play it in english in the first patch
but I'm rather confident that they didn't adress the save issue, shows where their priorities are...
but who knows... maybe theyfixed the savegame issue too

Zangetsu141
11-21-2013, 06:16 PM
I think some people have found if you change weather or to pirate talk or anything considered a cheat (even though it is not a cheat) it does not save progress so maybe that is what you have done ?

I have not changed anything...I just load up the game file and play. only thing i have done is marked things on the map.

Thanks for the replies guys!

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 06:22 PM
I had the same thing happen to me, had most of the first city completed then logged off for an hour then when I cam back I had to start over again, but I did find that (at least for me) Logging out of the Animus before exiting the game will make it save. since I never turned on any cheats so I know it was not that unless the game turned on one for me and I never knew, but least it seems to be workig now for me.. kind of sad I lost that progress but oh well.

Kiasuman
11-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Same here. Lost several hours of game play overnight without making any alterations to the game.

Elfiaske
11-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Same problem aswell, I want to play it so badly but i lost like 3hours of gameplay twice
this is making it not enjoyable and frankly i don't feel like playing it anymore...(for a while)

species4711
11-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Same for me. I lost several hours of gameplay, this is ridiculous! I have a full-time job to fullfil and I use my little spare time on this game to find out game is not saving and time was spent for nothing. I will not touch the game until bugs are fixed. Thanks Ubisoft!

Edit: Cloud saving is disabled since ever as I knew this service is unreliable, so it must be a different problem

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 07:54 PM
has any one with the bug tried to log out of the animus before leaving the game for the desktop?

Hef34
11-21-2013, 08:08 PM
I've lost about 4-5 hours of progress because of whatever cloud sync error happened. The funny thing is this exact same thing happened to my heroes of might and magic saves and even my blacklist saves during a uplay update.

I can't believe I haven't disabled cloud saves until now.

But seriously ubisoft this problem has been going on for a long time and I can't believe you haven't fixed it. Maybe making your own DRM was a stupid ****ing idea instead of just using steam like everyone else.

I am never ever buying one of your games again. I'm sick of this ****. I can't believe this is still a problem over a year later.

species4711
11-21-2013, 08:13 PM
@EP3nquin: I indeed went to Animus before exiting the game (accidentally clicked on Exit to Animus instead of Exit to Main Menu), do you think this matters?

Zangetsu141
11-21-2013, 08:29 PM
has any one with the bug tried to log out of the animus before leaving the game for the desktop?

I just tried this. I completed a quest, found a couple things...then i logged out into the animus, then to the main menu. Logged back in before quiting to my desktop...the game had saved my progress. I quit the game, then reopened it and it had saved my data right where i left off!

Nice find! I hope this always works until they can patch it. >.<
Once again this worked for me on the first occasion, and i hope it always works.

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 08:39 PM
well it might I know I had the same issue where it was not saving so when I tried the exit to animus it seems to work, have not tried to exit to desktop since so do not know if it was the same issue. I just know that exiting to to the animus saves your game again and has worked for me thus far. But if that is not working then not sure at that point.. maybe try going to off line mode if your online or visa versa and see if that triggers something on the sames to start to work again. also curious to know if the people that had the same issues did the side missions like rescuing the pirates in havana before you even get the ship, I wounder if it caused a glitch cause I also did zero side suff like that when I played that part again so maybe it is causing to reject the save data?

Elfiaske
11-21-2013, 08:47 PM

I did once and still lost 2hours

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 08:53 PM
I did once and still lost 2hours

what about side missions? did you rescue any pirates before you got the jackdaw?

Elfiaske
11-21-2013, 09:08 PM
what about side missions? did you rescue any pirates before you got the jackdaw?

Uhm I think I did, atm i'm just playing for an hour then quiting and so far it's saving everytime
I did have a uplay update when i came home saying "minor bug fixes"
might it be fixed? o.o

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Uhm I think I did, atm i'm just playing for an hour then quiting and so far it's saving everytime
I did have a uplay update when i came home saying "minor bug fixes"
might it be fixed? o.o

I hope so.. cause I hate leaving to the animus to log out.. thanks to that I spent another 30 minutes hacking computers and then another 15 playign around with the main menu caused me to go to bed late LMAO

Kiasuman
11-21-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm starting to think it was a byproduct of the patch. It may or may not have been intentional, but, I got stuck back at the point where you first start recruiting crew for the Jackdaw. Ship battles seem much easier now and some of the buggy quests along the way were straightened out. In the process of repeating them all and getting back to the point where I was, I noticed that all of the cities/trade routes I had unlocked previously via the naval map are still unlocked. So, it saved the progress there but not the general game progress. Strange.

EP3nquin
11-21-2013, 10:01 PM
if you mean for the mini game then I believe that is saved differently since it 1 connects to your companion app and 2 you can help friends playing so that maybe a server only save...

Kiasuman
11-21-2013, 10:38 PM
if you mean for the mini game then I believe that is saved differently since it 1 connects to your companion app and 2 you can help friends playing so that maybe a server only save...

Ahh, yeah, makes sense.

Elfiaske
11-22-2013, 12:51 AM
I hope so.. cause I hate leaving to the animus to log out.. thanks to that I spent another 30 minutes hacking computers and then another 15 playign around with the main menu caused me to go to bed late LMAO

played 3hours now and it saved, no problems today and i've gone in and out the game a couple of times
So i'm thinking the little update fixed it (or so i hope)

Zangetsu141
11-22-2013, 02:21 AM
played 3hours now and it saved, no problems today and i've gone in and out the game a couple of times
So i'm thinking the little update fixed it (or so i hope)

I played for a couple hours, and then exited to my desktop...came back after a couple hours and it put me right back to 5% complete...So annoying...honestly, i cannot stand how i have played the game for 8-10 hours and only have 3 hours of work to show for it....

Gasaraki01
11-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Twice played game and reloaded today and back to 3%. No point to try a 3rd time if wont save my progress.

Elstonar0001
11-24-2013, 07:27 AM
yep same I was at 28% an now im at 9% .I mean aren't you supposed to progress forward not backward ......not touching the game till I get my progress back

Held_der_Arbeit
11-24-2013, 09:39 AM
From 19% to 3%. ****ing pisses me off >.>

This is nothing short of gamebreaking and needs a fix ASAP.

- Playing the retail version, no Steam.
- Played in Online-Mode (which's cloud likely caused the issue)
- A bug that might be related is that at some point, (while out on sea) the save-symbol was displayed constantly. This happened much later than the point that I was now set back to, though

Zangetsu141
11-27-2013, 07:30 AM
From 19% to 3%. ****ing pisses me off >.>

This is nothing short of gamebreaking and needs a fix ASAP.

- Playing the retail version, no Steam.
- Played in Online-Mode (which's cloud likely caused the issue)
- A bug that might be related is that at some point, (while out on sea) the save-symbol was displayed constantly. This happened much later than the point that I was now set back to, though

I had the same problem, With the save symbol being constantly displayed.
I gave up with trying to play...I'm not interested in re doing what i have already done for a 5th time. :/

Elstonar0001
11-30-2013, 03:24 PM
it happened to me once ,retail version on steam deluxe version, not playin it till its fix

x___Luffy___x
11-30-2013, 04:46 PM
guys keep cloud sync off and keep backing up your save files after few hours.
uplay is a ****ing ****. it deleted my whole save of 29% progress. thankfully i did had some backup but i still lost several hours of progress.

save location is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames

starlight1901
12-01-2013, 08:46 AM
i have the same problem
i would like to have it fixed

DerToSch
12-01-2013, 10:08 AM
Just lost 14 hours of gameplay.

I have no clue how the hell nobody noticed that awesome feature of the UPlay Cloud when they tested the game.

apokope12
12-01-2013, 01:59 PM
The same happened to me. No saving.
Turned off scy and it worked.

But guess what? No it happends againt. Scy is turned off, but still game doesnt load to the correct sequence. Im stuck at those ****ing legendary ships. I've finish sequence 7 but it wont save- Will probably delete game, and worn every one from buying this expensive crap on pc!!!

Chikolicious
12-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey guys i found a solution to this problem, if your running Windows 7 make sure you right click the game and run as administrator trust me this works. it will load your save file. if you do not run this your game will have to start again.

apokope12
12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
This game suck. Now my entire save is gone. Been having problems loading correct sequence the entire time, but this... Everything gone????

apokope12
12-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Will ask for my money back if the save doesnt show up. Consumers law in Norway is quite strict when products doesnt work as intended. Deal breaker Ubisoft.
Fix mye saved games to 29 sync the last week, or we will go to the media in Norway, and everyone who bought this game on pc will demand and get a refund. Hopefully the rest of the Eu-countries will do the same. Enough is enough.

ejdante
12-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Will ask for my money back if the save doesnt show up. Consumers law in Norway is quite strict when products doesnt work as intended. Deal breaker Ubisoft.
Fix mye saved games to 29 sync the last week, or we will go to the media in Norway, and everyone who bought this game on pc will demand and get a refund. Hopefully the rest of the Eu-countries will do the same. Enough is enough.

running as administrator worked for me!! yay got my old backup working also!!

JoelYrick
12-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Running as an admin didn't work for me. Also, I noticed that it said that I last played on 4/17/2013... obviously prior to the release date. I wonder if it actually saved any of my progress at all.

Sothale
12-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Just lost my progress for the second time. Whats wrong devs ? How is possible that you let this came this far?? No patch for this bug whatsoever. Nice that you created so long game but that you achieved it by making it unfinishable seems to be quite stupid and incompetent.

Lokikron
12-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Wow just had this happen to me, never happened before as I knew about cloud sync being terrible.

I THINK it may have to do with toggling cheats on/off, I did this for the shiver me timbers in the menu just to see what the settings for it was. Thankfully I only lost 4 hours and I didn't really do much.

Thanks for finding the save locations, going to back up my files so hopefully it won't happen.

EDIT: and then I remember I had this happen before weeks ago, if you see the spinning save icon and it doesn't stop spinning and it just keeps spinning permanently, it's not going to actually save. Exit as soon as you see it in that state, so you don't lose as much progress as you would have.

Better to lose minutes than hours.

EDIT mark 2: and then I get that and I get it twice and then it ****ing shows me as having no progress AT ALL (aka "start new game") but with multiprogress, restart a FOURTH TIME and it's finally back to normal, but with not linked to acinitiates (who gives a **** about that, really?)

Fun fact though: I have an achievement unlocked for exploring all underwater areas, where because of it not saving, I shouldn't have it.

Black_Widow9
12-08-2013, 04:35 AM
For those of you experiencing this, we recommend that players disable the Cloud Save feature by going into the Uplay Settings and unchecking the box for Cloud Saves.

DarkAC
12-08-2013, 01:59 PM
It happend to me too just lost 14 hours of gameplay... like 30% synchro.
While i play just Uplay stop working lol...

Bill1940
12-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Zangetsu141:
I just purchased the game and I have the same problem. Has it been solved?
Found a lot of complains but no solution. Could you please let me know if you have been able to solve it.
Thank you very much,

Bill1940

Vineland
12-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Zangetsu141:
Found a lot of complains but no solution. Could you please let me know if you have been able to solve it.
Thank you very much,

Bill1940

Bill1940

How far into the game did you get before you saw this problem? I'm still at the beginning and have kind of stopped playing the game until I'm sure I wont be replaying because of lost saves.

Lepepepew
12-18-2013, 06:52 AM
Heard a lot of good things about this game and decided to get it. It's my first and last Assassins creed/UBISOFT game i will probably ever play/buy. Never in my whole entire life have i had my progress erased completely like this in a game. Was in about 20% of the game as far as progress goes, not to mention all the side quests i did and time i put into it, Logged back in and started up the game to continue just to see no saved files. Only new game options. Yeah, don't have time to be starting games over and over just to have the progress erased. Huge big first time disappointment from a great game and company.

Nonar84
12-22-2013, 01:00 PM
This happened to me now...

I spent the whole day playing AC4, ~12+ hours and it's resettet.
uPlay said that I finished sequence 4 yesterday and I got the archievements for some things I've done, but InGame I started today with sequence 4 at 0%.
Everything is gone what I did yesterday although there was said that it saves everytime when doing things... well, this ****s up.

Btw ubi-support is not able to reach, an error-message appears when uploading a question - also nice :(

Zangetsu141
12-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Zangetsu141:
Thank you very much,

Bill1940

Hi Bill, I have not played this game in a month...So i cannot answer your question.
From what i see here on this post the problem does not seem to be resolved though.

I, like many others, am not even going to waste my time with the game. :/

Bill1940
12-26-2013, 11:44 PM
Vineland:
Sorry for the delay but been out of town and not playing.
Never got past 0%. Played about 2 hours then quit. When I restarted the game , it said progress 0% and took me back to the first scene on the island. It remembered all my finds (money).
Disabled the cloud saving, started again from scratch, played for about an hour and had the exact same results.
Obviously there is something wrong. I will not play it again until it is fixed (if ever).

Bill1940

RAZZER1987
12-28-2013, 06:58 PM
I just got hit with this.

Looking at the save game folder, the saves were last modified about 30 minutes after I began my 10 hour play session. Worst thing is that I got hit with it already and lost 15 minutes. I was extra careful to exit via exiting the animus first, double checking what the in-game menu said and making sure to spot tha "saving..." dialogue.

I thought that after getting rid of their ****ty DRM I could trust Ubisoft for PC gaming again. I was wrong.

JakRatchet3
12-30-2013, 01:53 PM

I have tried that, ive tried exiting the Animus, Fast travel to another location, all giving the saving icon down the bottom right, i have lost days as the games pretty much been always on for me, only last night i decided to turn my pc off and then have been set back 2 days worth of gameplay

timsmadrid
01-21-2014, 01:55 AM
I wanted to bump this. January 20th and the problem still persists. It was such a hassle jsut for this game to open for me, now this.

Zangetsu141
01-27-2014, 06:10 AM
I wanted to bump this. January 20th and the problem still persists. It was such a hassle jsut for this game to open for me, now this.

I am going to re-install the game tonight. I will post back tomorrow night and let you know if the problem still persist with me. (Note: I have had this game uninstalled since late November)

Hotcowrod
01-27-2014, 11:52 AM
went from 86% back to 47%, thats what i get for not closing the game for a few days

aleksandr9011
01-28-2014, 06:23 AM
Hey I can say this My first playthrough I made it to sequence 11 to lose all my progress for the first time. 36 hours....... Though I truly enjoyed the game up into that point. My favorite AC game to date. Yet since then every save has been broken in some manor. Hope they fix it soon, cause Im looking forward to being able to play the game once from start to finish.

Edit. I have had the issue with and without cloud saving.

Hamish-McHaggis
02-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Same problem here. Fresh install yesterday, played for around 6 hours and then quit to animus and then logged out. Started the game today and around 4 hours of play is lost. If cloud saves are the issue, maybe they need to disable that **** by default.

Baigle1
02-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Patience is a funny thing, because sometimes you know that it is perfectly fine to have it and can welcome it, and then other times you know that it is a complete waste to have to bear it at all.

In this case, considering the massive view count on this thread I think that it is a very inconsiderate gesture that Ubisoft has not fixed our save game issues (complete ****ing waste of a good game you guys).

Just the other day I noticed this and came to find out I was far from the only one with faulty software. Even though these issues seem to be anecdotal in their cause and in their repair (none seem to fix it for long from those its affecting) I do not believe they should exist at all considering the great work put into this game to make it look as amazing as it does and how well the mechanics have been refined over the series.

Personally I think we are biasing the failures of this game in its favor because of its legacy instead of pointing out that something just isn't right with Ubisoft's priorities.

Seeing as how this has still developed and not been fixed I don't think I will be playing any other games from Ubisoft for now. I mean from all these posts no one is really sure if its the crap Uplay or the game itself, because even if one person states that it is one or the other then another will say opposite with equally valid results. It's probably just best now to drop it and move on because it was great until the real world handed us a big pile of **** and said it doesn't care about us and only our money.

Now if there were a way to trial the games before you make a decision to buy then that would put a priority on perfecting all the major issues before the buyer gets it and turns the tables around. Like playing minecraft free and if you really enjoyed it then pay to get the full version, no micro payments for gems or other crap, no buying a release that should be back in alpha, nothing of that sort. The markets decide how developers proceed on an issue and I think that if more people were aware then they would eventually cause a change like this in companies like Ubisoft.

I was really really pissed when my 15 hour session was completely deleted and now I have just lost a bit of faith in humanity and in the corporate environment and don't really know where to turn for this. The game isn't really as popular as it was the first few months I'm sure, but for now I'm going to put this memory in the front of my head for when I decide to purchase any games and hope that some day people will change the playing field more in our favor.

P.S. 3 day bump. Uplay decided to download a 5GB update, not sure why, but don't care at this point. It can go to hell for all I care. :(

kellyc7c
02-09-2014, 12:45 AM
I can't believe this is still a problem!! I went from 11% back to 4% last night, this is so frustrating!! I had the same problem back in early January and I was so annoyed I stopped playing altogether until yesterday and the same thing happened again! I even turned off cloud sync this time and it still happened (and it's supposed to be disabled for this game anyway). The games been out for nearly three months now, how come they still haven't fixed it!?!?

DaddyRompeToto
02-09-2014, 05:57 AM
This is going on far too long without result.

Why would I even try to play again if its going to stay broken?

BattleLaf
02-28-2014, 10:53 PM
February 28th and it's still broken.

Assassin's Creed 3 may be a mess that crashes frequently on PC, full of serious graphical glitches and bugs that prevent progress until you reload from a checkpoint, but at least you can reliably save your game. Really, how difficult is it to make a game save itself when it is supposed to? The autosave on these forums works better than the autosave in AC4, for crying out loud. In what other industry could a large multinational corporation sell a product with a defect so fundamental that it is entirely unfit for purpose for a significant percentage of users, without repairing it, issuing a recall, or making it easy to secure a refund?

I want to like you, Ubisoft. I really do. But you make it SO hard. Please stop alienating through inexcusable negligence the consumers who provide your profits.

LethiaAlethia
03-01-2014, 05:27 PM
I started the game recently and lost several hours too. I quit the game properly, just as Uplay (via the "X" in the top right corner). Still my progress wasn't saved as it should have been. I got the Uplay achievements related to the sequence I was playing up to, but my ingame save file was resetted to a much earlier point. I don't want to do all the things I did just again. It's frustrating, sad, and stupid. The game looks and feels great, hell I don't even have any of the performance issues others seem to be getting, but that isn't worth a dime if I can't quit the game without the fear of losing all my progress.

Can anyone give any reliable information on what may help or not? Some say deactivating the Cloud does, some say it doesn't. Some say starting Uplay as an administrator, or not. And what if Steam is running inbetween? Because I am playing through Steam.

I will be more careful with Ubisoft/Uplay games in the future. Eventually I will buy myself a console again and play their games over there. Or not at all in the near future until they change something about this whole situation, because the series - or Uplay, or whatever - has already troubled my mind enough on the PC (AC3 had some serious performance issues for me, and the first AC was freezing whenever you did something because of some timeouts with Uplay afaik).

The Steam forums and user reviews on this game reflect this issue a lot. It seems to be pretty common. It's frustrating to see a multi-million AAA game fail at such simple core functionalities. Even the worst games I know at least save your progress properly. Thank god I didn't pay the full retail price for it but got it during a sale. And I pray to god that AC:Liberation won't give me the same headache. I don't know yet if I was lucky or foolish enough to obtain it with Black Flag during the sale.

teonat
03-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Same problem for me. Installed the game for the first time just this week, and tried it for the first time yesterday.
Played for a solid 8 hours, up until the point where I upgraded the hull on my ship, and when I started up the game today, I'm right back in the first city. So annoying to have to do everything all over again..
Fix please!

LethiaAlethia
03-11-2014, 03:47 PM
So, last weekend I ran through the story only to have that part of the game finished at least. I still lost my progress. I went down from something like 60 % progress to 13 %. I created backups of my "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder every few hours. However restoring them as suggested in

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ.aspx?platformid=9&brandid=22&productid=4186&faqid=kA030000000ecGmCAI

won't work for me. I replace the files, yet my progress remains outdated. I had Cloud Synchronisation disabled. Apparently that didn't matter at all. I have no solid info how to properly restore files or how to avoid losses in the future. I've contacted the Ubisoft support again but I don't know if I will get a more precise answer this time. I sincerely hope so. It's a great game but what is a great game worth if it isn't running as it should. I could live with the performance stuttering I have when loading cutscenes or entering new areas but losing your progress at such a constant rate is frustrating too much.

Theylmar
03-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Instead, get a refund. That is what I did when I got royally pissed at Ubi screwing up my game by screwing up the save process. And if you are EU citizen, here is easy few step list on how to go about getting the refund:

My short list of "What To Do To Make Them Refund In EU":
1) Contact tech support and get confirmation that issue is unfixable.
2) Contact whatever company you bought the game from, ask for refund. Inform them that product is defective. Do it with EMAIL. No walking there and talking or calling. It is better to have actual electronic/physical evidence in step 4.
3) If (and when most likely if you got from Uplay) they refuse to refund (but cannot claim that game is not defective) and point to some returns policy, inform them that product being defective means that EU legislation overrules their return policy if it is not more lenient than EU terms.
4) If they stall or refuse, contact national (if point of sales or company you bought the game from) consumer protection agency. Can't give steps for that since they might be varied.
If you bought across border in EU (like me, Ubi based in France me elsewhere) file the Cross Border Complaint-form, you will find your local center from this site: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/ecc/contact_en.htm
You need proof of purchase and payment, so hope you did not ditch your receipt if you bought from store. At this point it is useful to also be able to present the communications with customer support on how the matter has been handled (the ones I told you to get in electronic/physical form in step 2)

I did work it out over last couple months and now I have got what I wanted.
Save yourself time and remove installation beforehand though. It's not like it is going to do you much good unless you like grinding same things over and over again.
If you do, I recommend MMORPG. There you can be social while grinding and grind actually also provides you some form of progression.

For anyone outside EU. From what I googled there might be similar system in operation in USA, but I fear you guys have to figure out all the steps yourself.

Shame really, game has promise but savegames not working really makes the game worthless.

NayanJariwala
04-06-2014, 06:37 AM
ya i log out from the aminus

sgtsloane74
07-26-2014, 05:36 AM
I have the xbox one My game was not saving. I deleted it from the system then reinstalled it. I cleared the cache and updated it. I have all my work back. Pass it on.

sam2000_290
07-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Man f** UBISOFT is really starting to get on my nerves. Uplay is so stupid. It doesn't detect my game. I have to redownload the whole fr** game. After I get through a few memories, the game BSOD my computer and then I lost the saved game file. The cloud save isn't activated anymore. I HAVE TO FRIGGIN' start over. It's really getting on my nerves. I have to rant, being a loyal UBISOFT fan for years just ended with UBISOFT's inability to make a proper game and to properly manage their games. Just look at my join date. I am usually more maturer than this but I can't go on anymore. I am NOT buying any more UBISOFT games. Was going to finish the AC series but screwing us PC players with terrible game management is the deal breaker. And they ruined my beloved Splinter Cell series. I am no longer buying anymore UBISOFT games and I am just going to try them instead. So friggin' annoying.

I am going to find "alternative" ways to play AC4 and at least that won't screw me over like stupid useless Uplay did.

It's not just with this game but every other game that I own with Uplay always have some mismanagement. Especially the notorious SCB, which doesn't even cloud save, only cloud save the stupid useless achievements, I don't care about those. I want my save games to be backed up. Even restoring the backup the game doesn't recognize them. It's terribly annoying and frustrating.

At least I have my old UBISOFT games which I love and at least they are properly managed without the stupid Uplay crap.

**** it, AC4 has given me so many problems already, BSOD, 2 times now and it broke my mouse for some reason. Too much problems and too much crap. Not enough decent gaming going on. That's it, I draw the line.

NexAddoMk1
08-18-2014, 06:46 AM
I think Ubisoft have become the new EA!! At least with EA they eventually fix the problems, i'm now having the same problems so Ubisoft now joins the list of scam companies selling nice looking candy covers that end up being a pile of Cr@P made by f@ckt@rds. Uninstall coming and no more cash going your way, the save point has been is the fundamental point of all long term games since computer gaming's birth, how can you f@ck up such a basic premise and expect people to still buy from you???

TR.Misterscruff
08-18-2014, 04:35 PM
I think Ubisoft have become the new EA!! At least with EA they eventually fix the problems, i'm now having the same problems so Ubisoft now joins the list of scam companies selling nice looking candy covers that end up being a pile of Cr@P made by f@ckt@rds. Uninstall coming and no more cash going your way, the save point has been is the fundamental point of all long term games since computer gaming's birth, how can you f@ck up such a basic premise and expect people to still buy from you???

Spot on and have done it, after finishing the game on 100% and losing my prestige 2 on mp they have managed to lose my save game !